D803 Rom "porting" requests, please write them here!

Search This thread

angel7501@live.com

May 3, 2010
Cloud 9, O'hara
Mods, if this is in the wrong section, please move it.
*sorry for the bad english*

Alright, the purpose of this thread is simple. I made this with the intention of uniting all of the d803 users, and give them the opportunity to post a request for a rom they would like to see on their d803's that is available for other variants such as the d802. At the moment, I've found a way to "port" only d802 roms to the d803, and by port I mean making some slight changes that allow the rom to boot in our devices without any or with the least issues possible. These two devices are very similar hardware-wise, so software wise it doesnt change much.

If there's any D802 rom that you would like to see on our D803, feel free to leave a reply and I will do my best to move my gears and upload it so you guys can have it! As we all know, the development scene for the Canadian variant isnt as active as the d801 or D802, and with this I aim to end that barrier by trying to make those roms available to our device :)

Too long didnt read version:
If the rom exists for the D802, post a reply and I will try to make it available for the D803

Disclaimer:
I am in no way a developer, I simply edit files and put them in the right place so it boots for us. I do this to help fellow d803 users.
If I helped with a file, always make a nandroid backup just in case things go haywire. Anything that happens to your phone is your responsibility.

Everything I submit gets tested rigorously on my own G2 before being posted to ensure its working, but we all get different results, so the experience might vary. Just a heads up. :p

Any suggestions or edits by mods to the post are welcome.

Last edited:

blazewit

Jun 16, 2010
Madison

Alright, the purpose of this thread is simple. I made this with the intention of uniting all of the d803 users, and give them the opportunity to post a request for a rom they would like to see on their d803's that is available for other variants such as the d802. At the moment, I've found a way to "port" only d802 roms to the d803, and by port I mean making some slight changes that allow the rom to boot in our devices without any or with the least issues possible. These two devices are very similar hardware-wise, so software wise it doesnt change much.

If there's any D802 rom that you would like to see on our D803, feel free to leave a reply and I will do my best to move my gears and upload it so you guys can have it! As we all know, the development scene for the Canadian variant isnt as active as the d801 or D802, and with this I aim to end that barrier by trying to make those roms available to our device :)

If the rom exists for the D802, post a reply and I will try to make it available for the D803

Disclaimer:

To port any ROM to any version just download your devices patch from dr87's Mahdi ROM thread then all u gotta do is change out the boot IMG, a few lines in the build prop n updater script then flash ROM, gapps, the patch then your good. We had a similar patch for toro on the gnex forum and I was waiting for the day someone put one together for us seeing as all g2's use the same mainboard. The days of worrying about whether your variant will get support is finally over, for aosp Roms at least. I'm gonna try doing it w a stock ROM to see if that works cuz that's something I'd really love to see. Cuz as a vs980 owner I can say from experience that our stock ROM development is lacking compared to the d802 or f320

Last edited:
Reactions: buski

angel7501@live.com

May 3, 2010
Cloud 9, O'hara
To port any ROM to any version just download your devices patch from dr87's Mahdi ROM thread then all u gotta do is change out the boot IMG, a few lines in the build prop n updater script then flash ROM, gapps, the patch then your good. We had a similar patch for toro on the gnex forum and I was waiting for the day someone put one together for us seeing as all g2's use the same mainboard. The days of worrying about whether your variant will get support is finally over, for aosp Roms at least. I'm gonna try doing it w a stock ROM to see if that works cuz that's something I'd really love to see. Cuz as a vs980 owner I can say from experience that our stock ROM development is lacking compared to the d802 or f320

Well I meant it more in a way for those who don't understand much about editing the updater script and exchanging the boot.IMG. with what I'm offering all they have to do is ask the ROM and I'll post it online with said changes in case they don't know how to do it. Something like a small favor for everyone, but thanks for the reply! :)

g33kn1nj4

Mar 1, 2014
Brampton
Request

If you could please port this rom I would very much appreciate it :)

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2609355

---------- Post added at 08:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

Could you possibly make a quick tutorial on how to do this? or possibly direct me to where i could find one?

zr239

Jul 9, 2014
Hi, I was looking at your old thread about how you could port d802 roms to d803. I was wondering if you could port cyanogenmod 11 snapshot m12. http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d802 i would really appreciate it. and it seems like u are good at what u do so you should maybe consider building for d803 for cyanogenmod. thousands of d803 users have been waiting for cyanogenmod support but to this day have recieved none. anyways if u could port it i would really appreciate it! :) thanks!

Reactions: KarlDag

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Disclaimer:
    I am in no way a developer, I simply edit files and put them in the right place so it boots for us. I do this to help fellow d803 users.
    If I helped with a file, always make a nandroid backup just in case things go haywire. Anything that happens to your phone is your responsibility.

Everything I submit gets tested rigorously on my own G2 before being posted to ensure its working, but we all get different results, so the experience might vary. Just a heads up. :p

Well I meant it more in a way for those who don't understand much about editing the updater script and exchanging the boot.IMG. with what I'm offering all they have to do is ask the ROM and I'll post it online with said changes in case they don't know how to do it. Something like a small favor for everyone, but thanks for the reply! :)

Disclaimer:

Hi, I was looking at your old thread about how you could port d802 roms to d803. I was wondering if you could port cyanogenmod 11 snapshot m12. http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?device=d802 i would really appreciate it. and it seems like u are good at what u do so you should maybe consider building for d803 for cyanogenmod. thousands of d803 users have been waiting for cyanogenmod support but to this day have recieved none. anyways if u could port it i would really appreciate it! :) thanks!