CyanogenMod battery life

Search This thread

Rat2000

Jul 27, 2010
Cluj
hey guys. I just bought an Nexus5(well...like 1 motnh ago actually) and I realized that I think I like CyanogemMod better then the default android(used cyanogen mod on my Galaxy S1 for 3 years).

My question is, how is the battery life on CyanogenMod compared to the stock default android 4.4.2 rom that nexus comes with?

Thnx in advance.

Primokorn

Nov 17, 2012
OnePlus 8 Pro
hey guys. I just bought an Nexus5(well...like 1 motnh ago actually) and I realized that I think I like CyanogemMod better then the default android(used cyanogen mod on my Galaxy S1 for 3 years).

My question is, how is the battery life on CyanogenMod compared to the stock default android 4.4.2 rom that nexus comes with?

Thnx in advance.
There's no good answer to your request imo.
You should check this out to have an idea of the average battery life. (or have a look at CM11's thread)
For instance you can install more apps thanks to root permissions so you will be able to install more apps and use more battery but it doesn't mean that the battery life is worse. :)
One advantage is that you can try different kernels and settings to find the best configuration as per your needs.

Reactions: bblzd and Rat2000

eddiehk6

Dec 18, 2010
London

As with any battery life comparison, it's almost impossible to answer properly because there are far too many variables.

You'll get various answers saying it's much better / worse / the same. Ultimately the responses will be of limited value to you, because everyone's usage is different.

Thankfully you can always backup and try something out. Revert if if makes things worse.

Find out what's best for YOUR usage and preference, not someone else's...

And repeat this for every device / ROM / kernel combination ;)

Reactions: Rat2000

mistahseller

Mar 13, 2013
Saint Louis
Battery life is what you make of it. I can make my phone last 8 hours or around a day and a half.

to prolong battery life I recommend turning off mobile data and sync when not in use. You can look into tasker (I think) to turn it on at specific times. Quick tiles help out or the app "power toggles" which I use

Reactions: Rat2000

Rat2000

Jul 27, 2010
Cluj
Ok, thnx guys. I think I will make an nanDroid backup and install cyanogen mod and see what happens.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thnx in advance.
    There's no good answer to your request imo.
    You should check this out to have an idea of the average battery life. (or have a look at CM11's thread)
    For instance you can install more apps thanks to root permissions so you will be able to install more apps and use more battery but it doesn't mean that the battery life is worse. :)
    One advantage is that you can try different kernels and settings to find the best configuration as per your needs.

As with any battery life comparison, it's almost impossible to answer properly because there are far too many variables.

You'll get various answers saying it's much better / worse / the same. Ultimately the responses will be of limited value to you, because everyone's usage is different.

Thankfully you can always backup and try something out. Revert if if makes things worse.

Find out what's best for YOUR usage and preference, not someone else's...

And repeat this for every device / ROM / kernel combination ;)
    Battery life is what you make of it. I can make my phone last 8 hours or around a day and a half.

to prolong battery life I recommend turning off mobile data and sync when not in use. You can look into tasker (I think) to turn it on at specific times. Quick tiles help out or the app "power toggles" which I use
    Ok, thnx guys. I think I will make an nanDroid backup and install cyanogen mod and see what happens.
    Cyanogen is well known but don't forget that we have other awesome roms ;)
    Flashing and testing is the solution.
    Cyanogen is well known but don't forget that we have other awesome roms ;)
    Flashing and testing is the solution.

This can't be stressed enough....

Not that I don't like CM work but there are other Devs who work just as hard to bring some awesome stuff to us.