[Q] Nuked my SIM with *228, need advice

Search This thread

mehappyz

Jan 5, 2011
Hi!

After not being able to figure out my wonky data issues for a while now (no LTE when in LTE/CDMA, LTE in LTE only etc) I've read it's because *228 will mess with Verizon's SIM. Well, I traded SIMs with a friend with an S3 and that's definitely the problem. I was able to get 4G on his sim and he wasn't able to with mine.

A couple questions:
1) Will Verizon let me get a new one for free? Even if I am not the account owner? How will I explain this to them?

2) I'm on Hyperdrive currently on MDK baseband, do I need to ODIN back to stock? Can someone assist in finding the correct file to flash? I've searched all over and can't seem to find the correct one.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

IlluminaTimmy

Feb 16, 2013
Hi!

After not being able to figure out my wonky data issues for a while now (no LTE when in LTE/CDMA, LTE in LTE only etc) I've read it's because *228 will mess with Verizon's SIM. Well, I traded SIMs with a friend with an S3 and that's definitely the problem. I was able to get 4G on his sim and he wasn't able to with mine.

A couple questions:
1) Will Verizon let me get a new one for free? Even if I am not the account owner? How will I explain this to them?

2) I'm on Hyperdrive currently on MDK baseband, do I need to ODIN back to stock? Can someone assist in finding the correct file to flash? I've searched all over and can't seem to find the correct one.

Thanks for your help.

The account holder thing shouldn't matter. Might call & ask.
I had the same problem a few months ago, Odin back to stock, went in got a new one no questions asked

Reactions: mehappyz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!

A couple questions:

Thanks for your help.

The account holder thing shouldn't matter. Might call & ask.
    I had the same problem a few months ago, Odin back to stock, went in got a new one no questions asked