looking for a rom.

Search This thread

Marty_Since87

Aug 27, 2012
Bronx, New York
Hey guys, a friend of mine ask if I can root and install a rom for him on his note 3 and I just want to kno what you guys think are good roms that have tethering options.

atlzonly89

Dec 24, 2013
Atlanta GA
The best option is to read. Pick a rom for that day, read through the whole topic. Thats what I did. Im hsing jedi elite with saber kernel. I have to say, I havent had any issues with it. If not, then good luck. Dont know whag else to tell you....because reading through is yiur best friend. You can ask people what the best rom is but you wont know the features and issues on the rom until you dont read uo on it.....

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Sorry for the typing errors. Darn you swype.

Reactions: Marty_Since87

Marty_Since87

Aug 27, 2012
Bronx, New York
I'm running Wicked Rom V5 with Compulsion Rom and it is smooth and fast with no lag. I'also running Apex launcher also.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

The best option is to read. Pick a rom for that day, read through the whole topic. Thats what I did. Im hsing jedi elite with saber kernel. I have to say, I havent had any issues with it. If not, then good luck. Dont know whag else to tell you....because reading through is yiur best friend. You can ask people what the best rom is but you wont know the features and issues on the rom until you dont read uo on it.....

---------- Post added at 04:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 AM ----------

Thanks, I read some and found "W03 Slim V5" I'm a fan of slimkat roms, I had it on my S3, I currently have it on my Note 2, so I guess I'll install this for my friend. I wish he knew how to do this for himself.

BadUsername

Mar 20, 2013
This isn't even my phone model, and I agree.

Read... Read... Read...

He's never going to get the same experience as someone else anyway. He should pick a rom he thinks looks interesting and run it for a few days to see if it's running well on his device. He's the one who should be looking through them and learning how to do the whole process from you.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

atlzonly89

Dec 24, 2013
Atlanta GA
Haha. Well said. And tell him to root via kingo, and then odin twrp. But make sure his phkne is able to root that beast. I know with att you cant.

AxAtAx

Mar 14, 2011
ViSiON,Texas
All of the roms are good, and all have their own little touch, you would need to flash a couple and see which one floats the boat, all of the people here are correct....just find the one that fits you best....

Good luck.

Marty_Since87

Aug 27, 2012
Bronx, New York

Read... Read... Read...

He's never going to get the same experience as someone else anyway. He should pick a rom he thinks looks interesting and run it for a few days to see if it's running well on his device. He's the one who should be looking through them and learning how to do the whole process from you.

Haha. Well said. And tell him to root via kingo, and then odin twrp. But make sure his phkne is able to root that beast. I know with att you cant.

All of the roms are good, and all have their own little touch, you would need to flash a couple and see which one floats the boat, all of the people here are correct....just find the one that fits you best....

Good luck.

OK, thanks guys, I've decided to give him the slimkat rom I mentioned earlier. I just have to get home first and prep the files for rooting then installing the room, I'm most definitely going to teach him how to do it him self. If this were my note 3 I would've tried so many roms by) within the first 24 hrs of having the device lol.

etchh

Dec 2, 2013
If he wants AOSP, I've tried most of them and, in my opinion, Sinless ROM GooglePlay Rendition is the best. SUPER FAST. Or Gummy Rom which is also great. If he wants TW, I would go either Jedi or DarthStalker although they're both JB. TW kitkat I would go with MyRom, but its a bit finicky.

Last edited:

aalupatti

Feb 20, 2011
One of the roms that I like personally is X note rom. It's a rom for international version hence there's a need to flash a fix file.
Currently it's based on kit Kat and hence I am waiting for a proper kernel and the fix file.
This rom has some good features that are useful for me

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

farfromovin

Aug 15, 2011
Oxnard, CA
Hmm, I love AOSP, but I'm not sure I'd load up AOSP for someone who can't figure out how to do it themselves. More than likely, it will not be as stable or feature rich for the end user as compared with TW. I would highly recommend Tweaked 2.0. It's stock based, and all the options/features implemented are completely stable and do not interfere with each other. Tweaked is what you can load for your significant other without having to hear them complain 3 days later about how their "phone messed up".

iunlock

May 22, 2010
Galaxy
Jedi Elite v5 w/ Saber.

The ROM is super stable, solid and clean. Battery life is excellent.

Look no further...just flash this ROM.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, a friend of mine ask if I can root and install a rom for him on his note 3 and I just want to kno what you guys think are good roms that have tethering options.

Read... Read... Read...
    I'm running Wicked Rom V5 with Compulsion Rom and it is smooth and fast with no lag. I'also running Apex launcher also.

Read... Read... Read...