What causes proximity sensor light

Search This thread

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
I want to know what causes light by the proximity sensor and why does it come on uploadfromtaptalk1398261774576.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

subhumanderelict

Dec 3, 2007
Chicago, Il
I want to know what causes light by the proximity sensor and why does it come onView attachment 2703777

Are you saying it's on when not in a call? If you're running a custom ROM, you might want to pay the issue in that thread.

Keep in mind that it's going to be brighter in a picture taken with a digital camera because the CCD is sensitive to infrared light. Just look at the front end of any TV remote through your phone's camera while pressing a button on the remote.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Darknites

Jul 2, 2011
Not really sure on what is making it do that but I would check if he has any apps that might use it and same with any settings HTC might have added.

altimax98

Nov 7, 2008
Florida
A proximity sensor IS an IR blaster just being used for a different purpose. You should not be able to see it with the naked eye, but video cameras can catch it due to shutter speed sync and such.

My thoughts are if it works on calls like its supposed to and you dont have a Major battery drain and everything else about your phone is perfect then leave it be. You (should) have 1 year to replace it under warranty if it fails. Otherwise if it is causing an issue get it replaced for sure.

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
A proximity sensor IS an IR blaster just being used for a different purpose. You should not be able to see it with the naked eye, but video cameras can catch it due to shutter speed sync and such.

My thoughts are if it works on calls like its supposed to and you dont have a Major battery drain and everything else about your phone is perfect then leave it be. You (should) have 1 year to replace it under warranty if it fails. Otherwise if it is causing an issue get it replaced for sure.

Ok my curiosity was satisfied I used my friend's m8 and use the camera and I saw mines blinking?