Chrome / not remembering browser

Search This thread

bonerp

May 24, 2010
Wiltshire UK
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
Hey
Every time I open a web link the tab s keeps asking me to select which browser I wish to use even when I tell it to remember my selection, it doesn't.

I've installed the chrome samsung app but did nothing.

Seems to do it on both beta and the standard app.

Any ideas?

3DSammy

May 5, 2011
Toronto
I think I saw that happen on a new tab s 10.5. If I can remember correctly it only happened when the browser was being launched from specific apps. This is on my sister's tablet which I was showing her how to use so I can't retest, sorry. I only noted the odd interaction because it happened that the browser was the first time that the dialogue with "Always" came up and we chose always for Chrome but it came up a second time and my sister asked why?

A theory is that multiple URL extensions ".html" and ".htm" and a variety of others (e.g. Streaming extensions) may all need to be added to the default app list. That is just a theory.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

bonerp

May 24, 2010
Wiltshire UK
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I think I saw that happen on a new tab s 10.5. If I can remember correctly it only happened when the browser was being launched from specific apps. This is on my sister's tablet which I was showing her how to use so I can't retest, sorry. I only noted the odd interaction because it happened that the browser was the first time that the dialogue with "Always" came up and we chose always for Chrome but it came up a second time and my sister asked why?

A theory is that multiple URL extensions ".html" and ".htm" and a variety of others (e.g. Streaming extensions) may all need to be added to the default app list. That is just a theory.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app

no as even if I go back to the original web link and click it a second time, its still asking which browser to use and whether I can to set as 'default' or 'use just once'.

After seeing a device on display in a shop, which didnt do this, I determined my device must have been fault so they exchanged it.

However the new one is doing exactly the same...!

Is no one else with a tab s having this issue?

bonerp

May 24, 2010
Wiltshire UK
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I'm still having this issue.

It is not just chrome browser but any app where different options are available. On my other devices you can select which one to use as default or use an an 'just once'.

I fear my tablet has alzheimers.