Search This thread

gcamp0730

Jan 22, 2007
Texas
OnePlus 6T
Unfortunately the bootloader link is dead. I know people have PMd Mikey, but it hasn't been restored yet :(

I'm currently uploading the Installation.7z file, which is what "this package" refers to in step 1 of the instructions. I can't update the weebly website, but we can at least have a valid link posted here. I'll update this post when the upload finishes.

Edit:
Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?sq4ugq1j69cs9ed

Last edited:
Reactions: m7ia and reinbeau

iRide113

Oct 31, 2010
Paso Robles, California
I guess so, however, I will not do anything with apples but eat them ;) WinMo? Micro$oft doesn't make me much happier, but if that's the way things go, then go there I shall - but not until I get my Note.

Apple is already the best and will continue to raise the bar and get better and better. Nothing can compare - Android had a chance, but is now really screwing up.

Instead of Android coming out with new **** every 2 weeks, maybe they should fix what they have now and start from there. It's getting out of control.

mbc663

Feb 12, 2009
Philadelphia
Apple is already the best and will continue to raise the bar and get better and better. Nothing can compare - Android had a chance, but is now really screwing up.

Instead of Android coming out with new **** every 2 weeks, maybe they should fix what they have now and start from there. It's getting out of control.

My chicks iphone4s drops 15% every hour with the sceen off. She hates it.

Rodman101

Feb 20, 2011

sa1yan

Jan 1, 2009
Texas
My chicks iphone4s drops 15% every hour with the sceen off. She hates it.

Lol, that's her fault most likely. Either her hardware's messed up(as some ppl have reported), or she excessively lets stuff run in the background. That's not normal. Most people will lose 1-4% with screen off and 3G on. That's insanely good. My cappy will get the same battery life with no WiFi or 3G on, and that's why apple wins. Plus uber good stability. That's a deal.

mikel.canovas

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago
Lol, that's her fault most likely. Either her hardware's messed up(as some ppl have reported), or she excessively lets stuff run in the background. That's not normal. Most people will lose 1-4% with screen off and 3G on. That's insanely good. My cappy will get the same battery life with no WiFi or 3G on, and that's why apple wins. Plus uber good stability. That's a deal.

Have to argue against that. Really depends what rom/kernel/oc/uv/misc. modifications you have running. For example, last night, I left my phone uncharged with wifi and 3g on. Over 7 hours, I dropped 1%. Also stability really depends on what you're doing with your phone. If you're an xda user, you're most likely going to have some pretty unstable modifications. Stock roms will get about the same stability as iOS.

iRide113

Oct 31, 2010
Paso Robles, California
Have to argue against that. Really depends what rom/kernel/oc/uv/misc. modifications you have running. For example, last night, I left my phone uncharged with wifi and 3g on. Over 7 hours, I dropped 1%. Also stability really depends on what you're doing with your phone. If you're an xda user, you're most likely going to have some pretty unstable modifications. Stock roms will get about the same stability as iOS.

No. iOS > Stock Android ROMs.

If stock Android ROMs were as good as iOS, there would no need for custom ROMs.

mbc663

Feb 12, 2009
Philadelphia

It wouldn't be her fault if it's hardware related

anishz

Nov 25, 2010
Mumbai
iOS is far better in terms of design and overall use. Even Mikey will agree.

If you talk about design and overall use, i find windows phone to be much better than ios. But mind you i don't want to start a flame war, it's just my opinion.
I own a 4th gen ipod touch / Captivate and i have played a lot with my cousins HTC radar.
I liked the design of ios, but it's getting boring now. And in some apps the fake wood theme and stuff like that is plain stupid.
The best thing about ios for me is the design of 3rd party apps, much better than the android counterparts (there may be some exceptions).
I am not a hardcore fanboy of any platform, i do want options, and to be fair all smartphone OS's learn from each other.

Ok end of discussion for me, this is serendipity development thread not our ios vs android thread :p.

Reactions: edtonn

MikeyMike01

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2010
Windows Phone needs better hardware and more apps.

Android needs unification, speed improvements, stability improvements, some sort of damage control of malware, more apps, a drastic slowdown in new hardware releases, and more control being placed in users hands.

The iPhone... well it doesn't really NEED anything. Plenty of room for improvement, sure but there's no glaring deficiency. That's why it's most popular.

Sent from my SGH-I897

Reactions: mbc663 and edtonn

hazenagent

Jan 31, 2010
In my opinion the iphone problem is the 2008 screen size. 3.5" is just too small and the new phone still has it . The new giant screens are too big.

The GSII hit the sweet spot with the 4.3" screen and the great resolution.

mbc663

Feb 12, 2009
Philadelphia
I can't get over the lack of buttons on the iPhone. That one button at the bottom and it just takes u back to home. I can't stand using my girls. Not to mention the dullness and lack of vibrancy in color.

simple man

Dec 25, 2010
Missouri
After having a rooted Android device, and being able to do what I want with my device, I would get so bored with an IPhone. Not to mention the petty behavior of apple, suing over slide to unlock, did Henry Ford sue Chevrolet for making a car with a steering wheel? Apple needs to cut out the pettiness, why are they so afraid of competition? JMHO.

Sent from my I897 using Tapatalk

MikeyMike01

Jul 23, 2010
After having a rooted Android device, and being able to do what I want with my device, I would get so bored with an IPhone. Not to mention the petty behavior of apple, suing over slide to unlock, did Henry Ford sue Chevrolet for making a car with a steering wheel? Apple needs to cut out the pettiness, why are they so afraid of competition? JMHO.

Sent from my I897 using Tapatalk

They're not doing anything notably different than other patent lawsuits between other companies.

And to be fair, the levels of copying in Samsung products and firmwares is staggering. It's really unfortunate for everyone involved.

Sent from my SGH-I897

MikeyMike01

Jul 23, 2010
In my opinion the iphone problem is the 2008 screen size. 3.5" is just too small and the new phone still has it . The new giant screens are too big.

The GSII hit the sweet spot with the 4.3" screen and the great resolution.

Yup. First thing I read on these phones is screen size. Over 4.3" and it's automatically out. Ideally I'd like a 4" 300 ppi phone.

Sent from my SGH-I897

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://serendipity7.weebly.com/

:cool:

Build 3
    Replaced i9000 Camera app with Captivate Camera app (removes front facing camera, etc.)
    Replaced i9000 Dialer with Captivate Dialer (adds standard dial tones)
    Bug Fixes

Fun Fact: You should donate to ChanceM too.

It's not really FUN, per se...
    Info:

Serendipity Kernel Build# 4.1:
    Grab the .zip and flash via CWM

Change Log:
    B#4.1
    Fixed Bootscreen exiting to soon when wiping Dalvik Cache

B#4.0
    Re-based and updated to JVP
    CWM 3
    Re-did previous mods

B#3.0
    Added 341MB RAM
    Disabled Logcat
    Added Enable/Disable Scripts
    To enable logcat open your terminal and type:
    1. logcat-enable
    To disable logcat open your terminal and type:
    1. logcat-disable

Big Thank you to eXistZ and his team for sources and guidance.

B#2.0:
    Added Voodoo Sound 9

B#1.0:
    Enabled ADB Root command
    Custom Kernel Image

If you would like to remove the i9000 boot screen and have a clean booting visual experience I have provided below a package from MobileTechVideos.com and a custom logo. You need to download this to a computer and extract the contents! NOT CWM FLASHABLE!!

ChanceM

PS We need to thank "DAGr8" for bringing the sgs2 lock to the 5 lock mod.
    IF you feel like thanking him do so here.
    I can has reserve post?
    Thanks, But how to drill it ? I have no idea about it.

I think i need to uninstall the older one and need to install the new one from the manager right or im wrong here.

Sent form my cappy for Serendipity VII®
    this, my friend , is the drill
    1. uninstall current swype with TiBu
    2. delete libswypecore.so from system/lib with rootexplorer
    3. extract content from swype.apk with rootexplorer and get the libswypecore.so from lib/armeabi and paste it in system/lib
    4. copy the swype.apk to system/app
    5. reboot device
    Build 3
    Replaced i9000 Camera app with Captivate Camera app (removes front facing camera, etc.)
    Replaced i9000 Dialer with Captivate Dialer (adds standard dial tones)
    Bug Fixes