[Q] Weather Condition Text on Multiple Lines?

Search This thread

CPAPerseus

Mar 26, 2014
Hi

Is there any way to get the weather conditions to split each word onto multiple lines?

eg. "Partly Cloudy" to display as

Partly
Cloudy

I'm trying to get the text to display on a specific image that is in my background bitmap.

Any help is much appreciated.

CPAPerseus

Mar 26, 2014
I'm trying to use regular text, as I'm setting a rotation, which I don't think Rich Text can handle.

CPAPerseus

Mar 26, 2014
I've tried a few different things to get the text to split across multiple lines without any success, so thought I'd see how to do it using the rich text.

It's got me completely befuddled.

Could someone point me in the right direction as to how I might achieve the text split?

Also, I've seen a number of widgets with custom icons in them. How do you embed icons from an icon pack in a widget; if at all possible. I may be mistaking the widget creation for something to do with a theme creation.

Any help is appreciated.

lydonw

May 21, 2012
Could someone point me in the right direction as to how I might achieve the text split?

If you are cannot use rich text that limits you severely, and I'm not sure it is possible with Zooper alone. You can use tasker to do this, however. this will require some research on your part, but you can do an HTTP Get action in tasker to retrieve the weather condition for your location, and then perform a variable split to produce two variables, one for the first word of the weather condition, and a second variable for the second word. You would then send these to Zooper using the #T...# format.

So it is possible if you cannot use Rich Text objects in Zooper, it just requires more work on that back end.

itesla

Mar 16, 2006
For me I can only get Rich Text to wrap onto multiple lines if it is near the edge of the screen.

zigbye82

Nov 21, 2013
Use rich text. Set two lines and keep on increasing x-margin till it shows as two lines. For example to get two lines to show on my widget my margin number is 520. Text on different areas of the screen requires different x-margin.

Last edited: