[Q] Issues with twrp status 6.

Search This thread

bogislaf

Jun 26, 2014
I have an xt912.

I started with the Droid Razr utility by mattlgroff. I ran step one, three, and four to flash a stock rom to the device, root it and finally to install safestrap 3 to the device. From here I pushed a stable release of cyanogen and gapps. The packages that I pushed to the device are cm-10.2.1-spyder.zip and gapps-kk-20140606-signed.zip. I then managed to flash these packages from twrp. However I ran into status 6 a couple of times with different releases.

My keyboard process stops working as soon as the phone boots. I've tried re-flashing cyanogen and gapps. If I do a factory reset followed by a system wipe and then flash cyanogen without gapps my keyboard is fine; however I no longer have access to the play store or anything of the such.

Cyanogen tells me that there is a new update. I can download the update just fine but when I try to flash it through recovery twrp gives a status 6 and fails to flash. When I try to flash a different release of gapps, twrp also gives a status 6 and fails to flash.

A couple of odd bits.

My phone does not have a service provider but I still have the lte sim from verizion.

I pushed the files to /sdcard/ without an sd card in the phone. From what I understand it pushed it to internal storage.

The version of twrp is 2.2.2.1

When I was running the utility it would have trouble detecting my device after a reboot. I would have to unplug and re plug after the reboot for it to recognize it. The phone wouldn't recognize it either until i did the same. The battery icon wouldn't show it connected.

So, what can I do about the status 6 or what causes it and what can I do about the failing keyboard process?