{ROM} | DarkEditionHD_v1.5 | [FXP109 + Miui2.2.1 + ICS] Locked + Unlocked BL | 8 Mar

Search This thread

7hr08ik

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Unsupported Finished Work.
Please try my ROM if you wish but be aware that i am no longer working on updating this ROM. As i have moved on from my X10​

ICS on FXP & MIUI

DarkEditionHD

Mainpic.jpg

(Based on FXP109 & MIUI 2.2.1 | Android 2.3.7)

Latest Build: DarkEditionHD_v1.5
ChangeLog: Here

Old Builds: DarkEditionHD_v1.3

Considerations:

This ROM could not exist without the help of Crowds, alot of the original work was done by him and he deserves the recognition.
Carefully read all installation procedures in the 3rd post.
Check 2nd post for addons and contained apps list

I really REALLY hate the iPhone look of MIUI (not to mention iPhones) but i really do like the feel of Miui. The responsivness the way it all fits together. When i started using custom ROMs i used many. One of my favorites that i used before trying miui ROM`s was Wolfs ROM. Even though it is nice and fast, responsive, i just didn`t likke the stock base of it. And thats why i wasn`t really a fan of FXP.

Both of these guys deserve lots of respect for what they have done, because its awesome work, just not for me. Thats when i started trying out miui ROMs. After alot of time and effort i eventually found BlackEditionHD. Unfortunately Crowds has had to stop work on that amazing ROM. But as i enjoyed it so much I chose to start work on my own ROM. I asked Crowds for his help, and he gave some tools and info to help me carry on his work and create this..... The ROM I call DarkEditionHD

I have made this ROM by using FXP as a base, and porting Miui ontop. Giving you the benfits of both ROMs. The look and feel of Miui with the base work of FXP. The version of Miui has alot of ICS tweaks built into it. This ROM is my own, but the addons and patch files have been taken directly from Crowds` page. If they are yours please let me know and i will give you full credit.

My boot animation now works!!!
http://www.mediafire.com/?8ieuzel8dx44vcu
Installation Procedure:

Full instructions can be found Here

Note1: You must be on a Kernel with CWM5!!!
Note2: If you´re on a Rom with J´s or doom´s FXP kernel this should work, but not tested by me.
Note3: If you have any other kernel installed, make sure you have the correct WiFi modules. FXP Kernels do not need Wifi Modules.

Unlocked Bootloaders (Recommended):

Download ROM to your SDCARD - here
Unzip file and flash Kernel
Enter on CWM5 and wipe/factory reset
Install downloaded ROM
Reboot
Enjoy the new adventure
From here you´ll need to go to 2nd post to install other addons/patches/apps.

Locked Bootloaders:

I really dont think its a good idea, because of the new versions of FXP and such, but if your scared about unlocking your BootLoader...

Follow cobrato´s HOW-TO Here.
Reboot
Enjoy the new adventure
Huge Thanks to cobrato witch create theses patches so users can have more options to choose

If you like my work and think it deserves a beer...
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=SUEHLY4NVSQW2

Thanks to:

FreeXperia Team for there work and from there Rom on witch this was based on. Always check there thread HERE
Crowds for the initial brainstorming and much more along the way
Cobrato for his lock bootloader guide and patches
ALL XDA devs & Users

Sign:
If you like my work and to show that you do, add this banner to your signature!!!

Signature.jpg

Just copy the following code and paste it in you USER CP under "Edit Signature"

HTML Code:
PHP:
[URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22453373#post22453373"][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx33/7hr08ik/DarkEditionHD%20-%20ROM/Signature.jpg[/IMG][/URL]
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=SUEHLY4NVSQW2

Screenshots

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 9,124
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 8,771
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 8,828
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 6,818
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 7,027
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 6,744
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 6,403
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 7,294
Last edited:

7hr08ik

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Apps List + Resources

Additional Installs:

Miui Controls - No longer needed (Included in ROM)
Miui Apps - Incase theres something i missed or you want - Here
Miui Language Packs - Forum Here or CN-EN-DE Lang and MultiLanguage

My Boot animation now works! YAY!!!

Included Apps:

(If any apps plese try uninstall and re-install through market)

Beside the usual host of apps,

Adfree - Blocks ads from Apps and games. Very useful
Barcode Scanner
CPU Spy
DSP Manager - Equalizer
Firefox
Firewall
Adobe Flashplayer
Link2SD - Check Here
MX Video Player
No-Frills CPU
Quadrant Standard
Screenshot
SD Maid - Does what it says on the tin. Clears up temp files etc.
StudioKUMA .nomedia - Blocks chosen folders on SD Card from media scanning in apps and android. Speeds up phone and media apps
Torch
vscreens - Very fun app, for showing your pics on computer screen without any cables
XDA - Lords of customization need to be included

Last edited:

7hr08ik

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Install Guide

1. Make sure you are on the correct baseband (2.1.71) - Found Here
2. Download the ROM file - Here
3. Unpack the .zip and find 2 folders - Kernel and Main ROM file
4. Copy Main ROM file to your phones SD card
5. Use Flashtool to install the FXP Kernel
6. Boot into CWM Recovery
7. Do a full wipe - Data, Cache, System, Dalvik Cache - Everything except your SD Card
8. Install DarkEditionHD
9. Reboot
10. Enjoy the Darkness

Last edited:

huzi7868

Jun 26, 2009
nice is it possible for me to use a different kernel am on locked bootloader

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

cant download the rom need different link

Last edited:

vinss68

Jan 30, 2011
bouzeron
excellent dude, i wait for your work and it's arrived very fast. thx for follow crowd's work. will try the new rom and report. thx again

drnishant123

Oct 5, 2010
Cannot download it says" all of our free-download capacities are exhausted currently".Please upload to mediafire or some other plz.

Reactions: ali_assaf

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
Excuse me, but that's android 2.3.7 based on FXP106 cm7.2 and miui 2.2.3 from n1 right?

Cause on the first post you write andriod 4.0.1 which would be icecreamsandwhich yet and that would mean you would have to use the 2.2.3 ns build and the fxp107 cm9.

Regards,

L

7hr08ik

Oct 8, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S10
OPPO Find X2 Pro
Excuse me, but that's android 2.3.7 based on FXP106 cm7.2 and miui 2.2.3 from n1 right?

Cause on the first post you write andriod 4.0.1 which would be icecreamsandwhich yet and that would mean you would have to use the 2.2.3 ns build and the fxp107 cm9.

Regards,

L

according to everything i have read up abou tthe galnet 2.2.1 that i am using....it includes many ics tweaks. . . ram managment etc....thats why i have said it includes android 4

I also have taken over this work from crowds...who has for a long time said his rom included ics

9Lukas5

Dec 14, 2010
near Stuttgart
according to everything i have read up abou tthe galnet 2.2.1 that i am using....it includes many ics tweaks. . . ram managment etc....thats why i have said it includes android 4

I also have taken over this work from crowds...who has for a long time said his rom included ics

It includes ics features. Exactly said, it includes the ics framework, but it is definitly android 2.3.7.

Regards,

L

Reactions: 7hr08ik
J

JeffreyPiket

It for sure is android 2.3.7, no doubt. I have been using this ROM for a very long time. In the first version of FXP-MIUI in about phone Crowds also said it was android 4.0.1 he later changed that himself to android 2.3.7 do to the fact that it's not completely android 4.0.1, but that the ROM contains parts of the framework and animations from 4.0.1.

Riddo

Mar 13, 2011
Hi.

Firstly, very nice work, I'm glad that u picked up where Crowds left and carry on work on this miui edition.

I was wondering if you could provide wifi modules for your kernel as i get an error on wifi.

Many Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unsupported Finished Work.
    Please try my ROM if you wish but be aware that i am no longer working on updating this ROM. As i have moved on from my X10​

ICS on FXP & MIUI

DarkEditionHD

Mainpic.jpg

(Based on FXP109 & MIUI 2.2.1 | Android 2.3.7)

Latest Build: DarkEditionHD_v1.5
    ChangeLog: Here

Old Builds: DarkEditionHD_v1.3

Considerations:

This ROM could not exist without the help of Crowds, alot of the original work was done by him and he deserves the recognition.
    Carefully read all installation procedures in the 3rd post.
    Check 2nd post for addons and contained apps list

I really REALLY hate the iPhone look of MIUI (not to mention iPhones) but i really do like the feel of Miui. The responsivness the way it all fits together. When i started using custom ROMs i used many. One of my favorites that i used before trying miui ROM`s was Wolfs ROM. Even though it is nice and fast, responsive, i just didn`t likke the stock base of it. And thats why i wasn`t really a fan of FXP.

Both of these guys deserve lots of respect for what they have done, because its awesome work, just not for me. Thats when i started trying out miui ROMs. After alot of time and effort i eventually found BlackEditionHD. Unfortunately Crowds has had to stop work on that amazing ROM. But as i enjoyed it so much I chose to start work on my own ROM. I asked Crowds for his help, and he gave some tools and info to help me carry on his work and create this..... The ROM I call DarkEditionHD

I have made this ROM by using FXP as a base, and porting Miui ontop. Giving you the benfits of both ROMs. The look and feel of Miui with the base work of FXP. The version of Miui has alot of ICS tweaks built into it. This ROM is my own, but the addons and patch files have been taken directly from Crowds` page. If they are yours please let me know and i will give you full credit.

My boot animation now works!!!
    http://www.mediafire.com/?8ieuzel8dx44vcu
    Installation Procedure:

Full instructions can be found Here

Note1: You must be on a Kernel with CWM5!!!
    Note2: If you´re on a Rom with J´s or doom´s FXP kernel this should work, but not tested by me.
    Note3: If you have any other kernel installed, make sure you have the correct WiFi modules. FXP Kernels do not need Wifi Modules.

Unlocked Bootloaders (Recommended):

Download ROM to your SDCARD - here
    Unzip file and flash Kernel
    Enter on CWM5 and wipe/factory reset
    Install downloaded ROM
    Reboot
    Enjoy the new adventure

Locked Bootloaders:

I really dont think its a good idea, because of the new versions of FXP and such, but if your scared about unlocking your BootLoader...

Follow cobrato´s HOW-TO Here.
    Reboot
    Enjoy the new adventure
    Huge Thanks to cobrato witch create theses patches so users can have more options to choose

Thanks to:

FreeXperia Team for there work and from there Rom on witch this was based on. Always check there thread HERE
    Crowds for the initial brainstorming and much more along the way
    Cobrato for his lock bootloader guide and patches
    ALL XDA devs & Users

Sign:
    If you like my work and to show that you do, add this banner to your signature!!!

Signature.jpg

Just copy the following code and paste it in you USER CP under "Edit Signature"

HTML Code:
    PHP:
    [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22453373#post22453373"][IMG]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx33/7hr08ik/DarkEditionHD%20-%20ROM/Signature.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Screenshots
    Apps List + Resources

Additional Installs:

Miui Controls - No longer needed (Included in ROM)
    Miui Apps - Incase theres something i missed or you want - Here
    Miui Language Packs - Forum Here or CN-EN-DE Lang and MultiLanguage

My Boot animation now works! YAY!!!

Included Apps:

(If any apps plese try uninstall and re-install through market)

Beside the usual host of apps,

Adfree - Blocks ads from Apps and games. Very useful
    Barcode Scanner
    CPU Spy
    DSP Manager - Equalizer
    Firefox
    Firewall
    Adobe Flashplayer
    Link2SD - Check Here
    MX Video Player
    No-Frills CPU
    Quadrant Standard
    Screenshot
    SD Maid - Does what it says on the tin. Clears up temp files etc.
    StudioKUMA .nomedia - Blocks chosen folders on SD Card from media scanning in apps and android. Speeds up phone and media apps
    Torch
    vscreens - Very fun app, for showing your pics on computer screen without any cables
    XDA - Lords of customization need to be included
    Install Guide

1. Make sure you are on the correct baseband (2.1.71) - Found Here
    2. Download the ROM file - Here
    3. Unpack the .zip and find 2 folders - Kernel and Main ROM file
    4. Copy Main ROM file to your phones SD card
    5. Use Flashtool to install the FXP Kernel
    6. Boot into CWM Recovery
    7. Do a full wipe - Data, Cache, System, Dalvik Cache - Everything except your SD Card
    8. Install DarkEditionHD
    9. Reboot
    10. Enjoy the Darkness
    HERE is the wifi fix till 7hr08ik release a new version ;)

enjoy
    SAD but AWESOME news!!

Right guys I got some news for you.

As O2 have finally decided to release the Xperia S, and my contract has run out....im off.

Just ordered the phone, gets delivered tomor morning.

O2, 24 month contract £31/month

As im getting this new amazing phone i will be selling my current X10i, and i will no longer be able to build any ROM. Please enjoy my work, and feel free to ask questions if you have them but be aware im not working on it. But i will try and give answers if i can.

I have thoroughly enjoyed creating this ROM and i really do think that the combination of FXP and MIUI is the way forward......untill ICS that is....lol

Cheers for your help testing my work and helping me learn