[KERNEL-SOURCE] Official HTC Speedy Kernel Source

Search This thread

x99percent

Dec 18, 2007
Detroit
Trying to figure out how to compile this from the source... I keep running into these errors:

Code:
arch/arm/mach-msm/idle-v7.S: Assembler messages:
arch/arm/mach-msm/idle-v7.S:47: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `fmrx r1,fpexc'
arch/arm/mach-msm/idle-v7.S:48: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `fmrx r2,fpscr'
arch/arm/mach-msm/idle-v7.S:120: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `fmxr fpexc,r2'
arch/arm/mach-msm/idle-v7.S:128: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `fmxr fpscr,r3'
arch/arm/mach-msm/idle-v7.S:129: Error: selected processor does not support ARM mode `fmxr fpexc,r2'
make[1]: *** [arch/arm/mach-msm/idle-v7.o] Error 1
make: *** [arch/arm/mach-msm] Error 2

Last edited:

rajing

Apr 30, 2008
Now I'm having problems. What toolchain did you use? I keep getting zImage errors with the codesourcery prebuilt toolchains. Missing libgcc.a.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Let me clearify some things. There is something called the GOOGLE NDK which contains all the toolchains you need. The Gcc 4.4.x toolchains in the ndk source are meant to compile gingerbread kernels. There are no 4.5+ toolchains in the google ndk because we don't need them. Anything less then 4.4, (example), 4.3 or below is usally for froyo kernels. You really should read up on your toolchains and how to compile android kernels. GOOGLE puts the toolchains in there for a reason. I'm sure htc uses the exact same toolchains when they compile the kernels.

PLEASE stop mis-leading people to use incompatible toolchains.

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

Wow? are you attacking me? I was simple offering the correct information. I know that the NDK has gcc 4.4 that is why I said any toolchain with gcc 4.4 will work. The questions was about the new sourcery g++ which contains gcc 4.5 or greater. The NDK might come with gingerbread or the AOSP release but it is not device or version specific. Ive been using the same toolchains for 2.1, 2.2, and 2.3. You are right google put the toolchain there for a reason, its to help compile AOSP so you dont have to go get yet another tool in order to accomplish the task. And the nice little personal attack about my reading makes me laugh. This is the reason you guys dont see me or my advice over here. Thank you for your ignorance sparksco, you prove yet again how the android development community is no longer a community, it is instead a mess full of elitist such as yourself. If you can sleep better at night thinking you are better than me that is fine, you are the only person that knows anything sparksco, shame on me for contradicting that.

If anyone wants help or info about how to get the overclock going or general kernel building information, PM me. Ill be glad to help without belittling you.
    well the shift has another chance at life because of the evo design 4g it is almost identical to the shift and just released. porting to the shift is fairly easy other then the resizing and rom size diffs.

so if it gets the ICS upgrade we will get it also. Just my two "sense" lol
    no bs let the fun begin link below :)

HTC SPEEDY KERNEL SOURCE
    MR source is up. see the op link :)
    Also the code sourcery gcc toolchain won't work. You guys need a toolchain that was made to compile gingerbread. This is not a aosp kernel and is very picky about how it is compiled. I'll add my toolchain to my kernel source for you guys to view when i have time.

It will work, the reason it doesnt for some is that they are using a newer version that contains gcc 4.5+. The shift works with gcc 4.4. If you get the sourcery 2010q1 version or before, it should work find as it contains gcc 4.4. This applies to ALL toolchains. It needs gcc 4.4 or possibly below. I used crosstool-ng with gcc 4.4 and it worked perfectly. Gingerbread toolchain has nothing to do with it as I do not know of a toolchain that is based on android version, even the AOSP toolchain is not specific to android builds.

@ 1.4***

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

This is a build that I just finished a bit ago. I have been super busy teaching a few guys how to build a kernel but they said there was some problems with OC so I decided to try it before bed. Well, I see how they changed things but it is definitely doable, keep the motivation up guys.