[App] [01/26/2009] TouchResponse 0.3.2 - Vibrate on touch

Search This thread

Snailslug

Dec 10, 2007
Kansas City
01/26/09 - This is just a minor update to fix some issues and add a couple small features.

Feel free to give comments or ask questions.

Thanks!

This program is a touch driver to handle the touchscreen presses and vibration. A settings program exists to configure how the vibration works.

Since this is a touch driver, there is no program you need to run to start it.

It has been tested on an HTC Touch and HTC Touch Pro for several days with several stability issues corrected. I am only releasing this now that I feel comfortable that you will experience no major issues. However, I cannot guarantee that it will work flawless for you. I cannot be held responsible for any loss of data or time you may experience while using this.

If you are experiencing problems after installation, please let me know so I can fix these issues.

Features
  • Global enable/disable option
  • Vibrate on touch/release
  • Variable duration of vibrate
  • Disable during Phone Call option
  • Disable when device is silent
  • Disable when device is locked
  • Disable when stylus is out (for devices that support this option)
  • Enabled for On-Screen Keyboard only (Temporary option until full include/exclude list is incorporated)
  • Settings Program->Settings->System->TouchResponse Settings
  • AppToDate support

Coming Soon
  • Include/Exclude list for vibration
  • Different vibration patterns
  • Resolve any software conflicts
  • Vibration tweaks
  • Sound on touch
  • Vibrate on hardware button press
  • Multi-language support in Settings program
  • I'm open to suggestions...

Known Issues
  • May or may not play well with touchflo/ftouchsl. If TouchResponse isn't working for you, try disabling those if they are enabled.
  • Disable when device is silent may not work on some devices. Let me know what kind of device you have if this is the case for you.
Donate

This is a free program and I plan on keeping it that way. If you enjoy using it and would like to support its development, please consider donating by clicking here:

Donate $ | Donate €

Change Log

.3.2 (01/26/09) - Minor update
- Option to disable vibration when device is locked
- AppToDate now supported - Download AppToDate to be informed of the latest updates
- Fixed issue when SIP Only didn't work as expected in landscape mode
- Fixed issue when Stylus Out still resulted in vibration when that option was set.

.3.1 (01/14/09) - Minor update
- Should properly upgrade when built into a custom rom

.3 (01/13/09) - More features
- Option to vibrate on release of touch
- Option to disable vibration when stylus is out
- Option for vibration to only be enabled for on-screen keyboard
- Better auto-detection of device model/vibrate id

.2.2 (11/27/08) - More Minor Updates
- Can increment the duration by one instead of five now
- The chance for a longer than usual vibration should be reduced if not eliminated altogether
- Disable while silent option should work a little better now
- Settings program allows for more Vibrate IDs in the Advanced tab

.2.1 (11/26/08) - Minor Update
- Windows Mobile 5 is now supported

.2 (11/26/08)
- Attempt to resolve suspend issues with certain phones - Let me know
- Disable while silent option added - may not work perfect

.1 (11/24/08)
- Initial Release

Questions and Answers
Q. How to I change the settings?
A. Start->Settings->System->TouchResponse Settings

Q. Why do I not see the settings program?
A. For some phones, the settings program does not appear in the control panel. Until I figure out a fix, you can run the program by going to \windows\TouchResponseSettings.cpl

Q. Why is it not vibrating when I touch the screen?
A. Go to the Device tab in TouchResponse Settings. It will display information about your device. If it says to select your vibrate id then find the one that causes the vibrate to work. Send me a PM with the name of your device model along with the vibrate id that works for you and I will incorporate that into future releases.

Q. Will this drain my battery life?
A. I don't have any statistics to show the before and after battery usage. However, I personally have not experienced any significant increase in battery usage. It all depends on how long the vibrate duration is and how often you touch the screen.

Q. Why does the vibrate last longer than it's supposed to sometimes?
A. This should hopefully be resolved as of version .02.2. If you experience this after this version, please let me know when it happens and how often.

Q. Why is the vibration always the same duration no matter what the settings are set at?
A. Use a registry editor to go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE>Software>OEM>VIB and set STRENGTH_LOW to 0. Thanks to agdaniels for pointing this out.

Please don't post this cab on any other site. Let's keep all discussion here. I appreciate your cooperation.

Thank you for your support!

Attachments

• TouchResponse_v0_3_2.CAB
    310.5 KB · Views: 53,594
Last edited:

m.schmidler

Apr 6, 2008
www.ppc-insider.de
Nice idea, thanks for sharing.

I read about a phone (I think it was LG Incite?) where some people complained about vibrating even when entering text with the soft-keyboard.

Could you give us an option to dis-/enable vibrating when entering text ? Maybe there´s an event you can use when the soft-keyboard flips up...dunno

regards,
Martin

Snailslug

Dec 10, 2007
Kansas City
Could you give us an option to dis-/enable vibrating when entering text ? Maybe there´s an event you can use when the soft-keyboard flips up...dunno

Since the driver has first crack at the touch event, I should be able to determine which window is being touched and either vibrate/not-vibrate depending on how it's configured. For example, I can see that the SIP is being touched and not vibrate. I'll add that to the list, Thanks!

_fm

Aug 13, 2007
Surabaya
Yea Man !!

I love this Apps !!!

Thanks so much

all feature Works like a charm in my Kaiser (HTC TyTN II) :D

curious george

Nov 9, 2006
Well I guess I will put my suggestion here as I did with the other 2 programs like it.:) Would you consider creating a setting to were it is only active on SIP Keyboard AND when SIP keyboard is active I have choice between a vibration or a sound or both?

I know I can get a sound by going to the general settings of winmo but when it is on it makes a noise for all screen taps...annoying!!

CuriousG

richabi

Oct 29, 2007
Houston, TX
how about different types and lengths of viberations like the old motos used to have? dash-dash-dash-buzzz haha

maybe different intensities if possible?

stutzedward

Sep 30, 2008
KL
I've always wanted 'heptic feedback' on my KS20 but non works for me. I've tried Heptick Feedback, Vibration Feedback and now TouchResponse, none work for KS20. Duh.... :(

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
Can these options be added?
1. Not to vibrate when on silent?
2. Change buzz length (make it shorter/less intense)
3. An "use only when SIP activated" option.

Snailslug

Dec 10, 2007
Kansas City
I've always wanted 'heptic feedback' on my KS20 but non works for me. I've tried Heptick Feedback, Vibration Feedback and now TouchResponse, none work for KS20. Duh.... :(

You may have tried something similar with the other programs you have tried, but you can try changing the Led Id in the Settings program under the Advanced tab. Be sure to press ok to make the settings to into effect. Hopefully it is just a case where the KS20 doesn't use the default Led Id for vibrate.

Snailslug

Dec 10, 2007
Kansas City
Can these options be added?
1. Not to vibrate when on silent?
2. Change buzz length (make it shorter/less intense)
3. An "use only when SIP activated" option.

1. Yes, this is something I want to add! It's sometimes hard to go unnoticed when I use my phone in meetings at work when the vibration is loud. :)
2. Did you see the Settings program in the System tab of the "Control Panel"? Or do you mean a something like a longer buzz but less intense?
2. I'm going to be focusing on that with an include/exclude option next.

Thanks for your feedback!

stutzedward

Sep 30, 2008
KL
You may have tried something similar with the other programs you have tried, but you can try changing the Led Id in the Settings program under the Advanced tab. Be sure to press ok to make the settings to into effect. Hopefully it is just a case where the KS20 doesn't use the default Led Id for vibrate.

Hey hey, it works for KS20 for the first time!!!!

I set the LED from 0 to 3 and hey, 3 works.

0 - LED displays green
1 - LED displays red
2 - LED displays blue
3 - it worked! :)

Thank you soo much! I gotta spread this on the KS20 thread because a lot of KS20 users are wanting this like me. I'll link them here.

tboy2000

Oct 21, 2006
London
Huawei Mate 20
Huawei Mate 20 X
Just want to echo what's already said. What most ideally want is for vibration to be active ONLY on keyboard when text entering and to be as brief a buzz as possible. Some owners type very fast and we want the buzz to keep up and not still lag on the previous tap while tapping on the next key. It has to be super quick and not miss a key press when typing quickly. Thanks! :)

derekwilkinson

Dec 14, 2007
Ok, found the settings app, my bad :eek:

The other two requests would be awesome if they were to be fulfilled! :D