[Q] sync error after kitkat

Search This thread

gungo

Apr 23, 2006
I have a sync error on my samsung account after the stock kitkat upgrade.
I am in the uk but the note 8 was originally bought in the USA.
At the bottom of the 'samsung account' screen it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."
It has been about 24 hours now.
Has anybody had this problem and is there a solution or will it mend itself.

Many Thanks

MrSaracenRush

Jun 14, 2014
Same issue,

Just upgraded to kitkat on my n7100 Note 2 and I've got the same problem. I'll let you know if I find a solution.

So far factory reset has done nothing. Adding a new Samsung account didn't help either. The new account synced fine but not the old one.

I hope this doesn't mean the old account with all my data in it is somehow corrupted.

Question Gungo- If you look at your Google account, is that syncing? I've just checked and mine isn't. So it isn't just a Samsung problem. Puts my data loss fears at bay at least.

Last edited:

gungo

Apr 23, 2006
Factory reset didn't work for me either. I think Gmail is working for me but I will check when I get home.
My Samsung account is fine because it still all works on my note 2.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

sefrcoko

Feb 20, 2012
T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Factory reset didn't work for me either. I think Gmail is working for me but I will check when I get home.
My Samsung account is fine because it still all works on my note 2.

Happened to me a lot on my S2 but usually ended up sorting itself out. Try turning off sync in the settings and then turning it back on. Also try unchecking the app in account settings and then checking it again. May or may not work but worth a shot, I think that's what I did when this happened to me last time.

alpetrie1985

Nov 21, 2013
Rome
root using towelroot and download nobloat freed off the play store and get rid of verizon's dumb back up assistant plus! that's what i had to do if you don't want to root then you go onto your verizon account page and disable it then enable google to do your back ups. there is a really good tutorial for this on google.

gungo

Apr 23, 2006
No luck so far. I have been away so I haven't had much chance to try.
I have tried switching account on and off, deleting account and reinstalling, and a hard reset.
I will try and go the Samsung support route again when I get home, but they never called back last time.
By the way mine is not a Verizon device.

Reactions: sefrcoko

gungo

Apr 23, 2006
Finally sorted itself.
When I switched my note 8 on this morning there was something about security in the notifications. I clicked ok, then checked my Samsung account and it all synced.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sefrcoko

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No luck so far. I have been away so I haven't had much chance to try.
    I have tried switching account on and off, deleting account and reinstalling, and a hard reset.
    I will try and go the Samsung support route again when I get home, but they never called back last time.
    By the way mine is not a Verizon device.

Finally sorted itself.
    When I switched my note 8 on this morning there was something about security in the notifications. I clicked ok, then checked my Samsung account and it all synced.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk