[APP][4.0.3+] Flippr - all your widgets. Anywhere. Everywhere. New way to multitask.

Search This thread

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
[APP][4.0.3+] Flippr - all your widgets. Anywhere. Everywhere.

tDM8GIr.png

Feature requests and bug reports are most welcome!

WHAT IS IT?
With flippr, your favorite widgets are always a touch away. Access your widgets while using any application or game without returning to the home screen! Check weather when playing your favorite game. Check your stock portfolio when watching a video. Read your tweets when waiting for a level to load in a fullscreen game. Yes, it is all possible with flippr. No longer are your widgets restricted to your home screen. A new kind of multi tasking.

Flippr is a small bubble (PA Halo inspired) that you can interact with which stays on top of all apps - you can access all your widgets with this small bubble. Touch bubble and move finger horizontally to switch widgets in smooth transitions. Organize your widgets into groups (Social, Media, Notes). Touch and move finger vertically to switch groups.

Your current app/game continues to run and you can interact with them even when the widget is displayed! This enables a new kind of multitasking.

Check out the video to see flippr in action:

FEATURES
1. Organize widgets into groups for easy access or put all your widgets in one group - your choice.
2. Works over any app or even full screen games.
3. Widget peek - quickly peek your widgets with a touch. Raise to hide. Simple.
4. Option to hide widget on interaction - change option in Preferences. Option available on a per widget basis in PRO.
5. Option to hide on touching outside.
5. Super smooth customizable animations
6. Customize bubble size, position, side, color, transparency and more!
7. Widget navigation indicators
8. Customize widget size (row/column span) and background color.
9. Very light APK - below 1MB

NOTE: Manufacturer specific (Samsung/HTC etc) widgets may not work with flippr.
If you find any bugs or mistakes in the application, please send me an email (or reply in this thread) with your feedback and I promise I will work on it promptly. Let’s squish those bugs together.

DOWNLOAD
Free version:

PRO key:

What you get for PRO:
No restrictions on number of groups/widgets
Customize animations
Customize widgets background
Rating button and rating popup removed because you already love the app!
Warm feeling that you bought me a coffee which will keep me awake to do more Android development :D

SCREENSHOTS (see Play Store listing for more)

NguV06l.png
ruSiRUt.png

eOKL7UX.png
E0uaq61.png

Update 09/25/2014:
1. Bubble drag actions - stop flippr or blacklist current app by dragging flippr to one of the drag action icons
2. Added shortcut to start/stop flippr
3. Long press widget to configure widget

Update 08/22/2014:
1. New feature - now you can add your favorite shortcuts also to flippr! PRO only.
2. New feature - option to show group navigation markers
3. Fixed issue with resizable widgets.
4. Small improvement in 'touch outside' implementation
5. Improved faster swipe to hide.

Update 08/20/2014:
1. Most requested feature - Touch outside to hide widget!
2. Option to set bubble color - PRO only.
3. Fixed crash on widget configuration and color picker screen - thanks to everyone who sent the crash reports. You are awesome!
4. Fixed walkthrough crash

Update 08/18/2014:
1. Option to set bubble transparency
2. Swipe to hide widgets
3. Fixed crash on LG G2 and G3 devices
4. Fixed issue with flippr navigation when placed on right side
5. Fixed a few other small issues

Update 08/13/2014:
1. Added option to disable ongoing notification
2. Option 'Hide on interaction' is now configurable for each widget (PRO only)
3. New animation: grow/shrink
4. Usability improvements

Also check out my other apps:
Qcktag - track temporary phone numbers: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps.sreeni.qcktag
Fitmath - all in one fitness calculator: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps.sreeni.fitmath
Mark All SMS Read: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps.sreeni.markallsmsreadfree

Last edited:

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
Great app. Thx . Will test today

Thanks, let me know how you like it. Feature requests and bug reports are most welcome!

Shy Widgets
Some people have said that the widget is hiding as soon as they touch it. Yes, this is the behavior by default. But, you can change it in Preferences. Look for the setting 'Hide widget on interaction' and disable it.

I have changed the post mentioning this.

Reactions: ghul21

cproblems

Jul 11, 2014
I like it

I like it so far - animations are smooth on my N5. Took a bit of time to get used to switching groups though.

Can you make the auto hide option setting for each widget? I may need some widgets to hide on touch, but some to stay.

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
Update available.

I pushed an update to the Play Store:

New in this release:

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
I like it so far - animations are smooth on my N5. Took a bit of time to get used to switching groups though.

Can you make the auto hide option setting for each widget? I may need some widgets to hide on touch, but some to stay.

Yes, check out the latest update. Per widget setting is a PRO only feature though. Also, I have disabled 'hide on interaction' by default to avoid confusion.

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
Sorry!!

Sorry, everyone. I messed up slightly with the update.

Some of you may be getting an 'Error adding widget' message when trying to add a widget. I have fixed the issue and have pushed an update to the Play Store and should be available in a couple of hours.

If it is still not fixed, then clearing app data will definitely fix the issue.

Again, I am very sorry about this :(

PhilDX

Oct 17, 2010
NJ
you know what would be cool? a pro version option to make the widget hide when tapping on the screen anywhere outside of the widget. sometimes I just can't get the widget to go away by tapping on the Flippr thingy, and I can't tap on the widget itself because that will be interpreted by the widget as me touching it.

this app is a really nice concept by the way.

Edit: and one other idea ill just throw out there... Action Launcher also has capability to put widgets in a sidebar but the concept is a little different - basically, it uses a slide out panel that houses the widgets. this is an exceptionally easy to use format for quickly accessing a set of widgets. it's basically an app sidebar but for widgets. the downside is that the panel blocks a lot of the screen (more than what any one widget does). but like I said, depending on the use case, it's a very easy format to use.

Last edited:

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
the free version suppose to have 2 groups and 3 widget each but it doesn't work. only the top group appear when scrolling flippr

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
the free version suppose to have 2 groups and 3 widget each but it doesn't work. only the top group appear when scrolling flippr

Does the second group have at least one widget? Also, try moving the finger up or down a little more. It may just be the case that you did not move enough.

ahhl

Jul 23, 2007
Does the second group have at least one widget? Also, try moving the finger up or down a little more. It may just be the case that you did not move enough.
nope. even the top indicator only show 3 dots. i tried top/down movement also nothing happen. moving beyond the 3 dots, the widget cycle

Last edited:

PhilDX

Oct 17, 2010
NJ
ok, so I just noticed a bit of peculiar behavior and thought I'd pass it along. I'm not complaining, just want to be helpful and see if anyone else can duplicate.

I am using the Pro version on a nexus 10 (stock software). when I set the marker side to "left", I can switch widget groups by touching Flippr and then scrolling up/down. when I set the marker side to "right", I cannot change widget groups by touching Flippr and scrolling up/down...instead, I have to touch Flippr, then slide horizontally to the left side, then scroll up/down. it's as though the vertical scrolling detection is always "looking" on the left side and doesn't adjust to look on the right side when I change the marker side setting in the options.

Reactions: sreenisatish

sreenisatish

Jun 18, 2010
ok, so I just noticed a bit of peculiar behavior and thought I'd pass it along. I'm not complaining, just want to be helpful and see if anyone else can duplicate.

I am using the Pro version on a nexus 10 (stock software). when I set the marker side to "left", I can switch widget groups by touching Flippr and then scrolling up/down. when I set the marker side to "right", I cannot change widget groups by touching Flippr and scrolling up/down...instead, I have to touch Flippr, then slide horizontally to the left side, then scroll up/down. it's as though the vertical scrolling detection is always "looking" on the left side and doesn't adjust to look on the right side when I change the marker side setting in the options.

Yes. That is definitely a bug! Thank you for reporting - I'll fix it immediately.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [APP][4.0.3+] Flippr - all your widgets. Anywhere. Everywhere.

tDM8GIr.png

Feature requests and bug reports are most welcome!

WHAT IS IT?
    With flippr, your favorite widgets are always a touch away. Access your widgets while using any application or game without returning to the home screen! Check weather when playing your favorite game. Check your stock portfolio when watching a video. Read your tweets when waiting for a level to load in a fullscreen game. Yes, it is all possible with flippr. No longer are your widgets restricted to your home screen. A new kind of multi tasking.

Flippr is a small bubble (PA Halo inspired) that you can interact with which stays on top of all apps - you can access all your widgets with this small bubble. Touch bubble and move finger horizontally to switch widgets in smooth transitions. Organize your widgets into groups (Social, Media, Notes). Touch and move finger vertically to switch groups.

Your current app/game continues to run and you can interact with them even when the widget is displayed! This enables a new kind of multitasking.

Check out the video to see flippr in action:

FEATURES
    1. Organize widgets into groups for easy access or put all your widgets in one group - your choice.
    2. Works over any app or even full screen games.
    3. Widget peek - quickly peek your widgets with a touch. Raise to hide. Simple.
    4. Option to hide widget on interaction - change option in Preferences. Option available on a per widget basis in PRO.
    5. Option to hide on touching outside.
    5. Super smooth customizable animations
    6. Customize bubble size, position, side, color, transparency and more!
    7. Widget navigation indicators
    8. Customize widget size (row/column span) and background color.
    9. Very light APK - below 1MB

NOTE: Manufacturer specific (Samsung/HTC etc) widgets may not work with flippr.
    If you find any bugs or mistakes in the application, please send me an email (or reply in this thread) with your feedback and I promise I will work on it promptly. Let’s squish those bugs together.

DOWNLOAD
    Free version:

PRO key:

What you get for PRO:
    No restrictions on number of groups/widgets
    Customize animations
    Customize widgets background
    Rating button and rating popup removed because you already love the app!
    Warm feeling that you bought me a coffee which will keep me awake to do more Android development :D

SCREENSHOTS (see Play Store listing for more)

NguV06l.png
    ruSiRUt.png

eOKL7UX.png
    E0uaq61.png

Update 09/25/2014:
    1. Bubble drag actions - stop flippr or blacklist current app by dragging flippr to one of the drag action icons
    2. Added shortcut to start/stop flippr
    3. Long press widget to configure widget

Update 08/22/2014:
    1. New feature - now you can add your favorite shortcuts also to flippr! PRO only.
    2. New feature - option to show group navigation markers
    3. Fixed issue with resizable widgets.
    4. Small improvement in 'touch outside' implementation
    5. Improved faster swipe to hide.

Update 08/20/2014:
    3. Fixed crash on widget configuration and color picker screen - thanks to everyone who sent the crash reports. You are awesome!

Update 08/18/2014:
    2. Swipe to hide widgets

Update 08/13/2014:

Also check out my other apps:
    Qcktag - track temporary phone numbers: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps.sreeni.qcktag
    Fitmath - all in one fitness calculator: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps.sreeni.fitmath
    Mark All SMS Read: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apps.sreeni.markallsmsreadfree
    Update!

Update pushed to the Play Store!

New in this release:
    Can you make it so that touching outside of the widget automatically hides it?

Actually, I did manage to implement this :) Testing it out now - so lookout for an update soon with 'Touch outside to hide'!
    Incoming update

I just pushed an update to the Play Store with new features and bug fixes. The update should be available in a couple of hours.

New in this release:
    2. Swipe to hide widgets
    Great app. Thx . Will test today

Thanks, let me know how you like it. Feature requests and bug reports are most welcome!

Shy Widgets
    Some people have said that the widget is hiding as soon as they touch it. Yes, this is the behavior by default. But, you can change it in Preferences. Look for the setting 'Hide widget on interaction' and disable it.

I have changed the post mentioning this.