[APP] Eset Mobile Security Beta for Android

Search This thread

maranello69

Apr 1, 2011
EU
finally, they released it, been waiting for this app for a while now, eset has to be the most comprehensive protection solution for pc's, hope it will also do a great job protecting our Android smartphones

maranello69

Apr 1, 2011
EU
it has included a call & sms/mms blocker option, no need to pay for another app to block your unwanted calls, works great on my SGS with very little cpu & battery usage...

Madala_ZA

Feb 14, 2011
Johannesburg
Yip. I gave it the rights it requested. Have since removed it. Nice app but not so sure I need it.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium app.

intimnasc

Apr 16, 2011
Been running it a while now in BETA and have to say you barely know its there just like their PC software. Doesn't seem to affect resources at all. Has anyone seen any reviews on mobil security software testing?

Should also say I am running on a rooted Atrix with Gingerblur (thanks to Kennethpenn).

Last edited:

Madala_ZA

Feb 14, 2011
Johannesburg
Been running it a while now in BETA and have to say you barely know its there just like their PC software. Doesn't seem to affect resources at all. Has anyone seen any reviews on mobil security software testing?

Should also say I am running on a rooted Atrix with Gingerblur (thanks to Kennethpenn).
Yip, I agree. But my question is this: is this app really worth having running in the background? I mean, it's using system resources and adding to battery drain.. for what purpose?

I'm sorry but any app has to have a darn good reason to have a place on my phone..! And I don't see what this app adds - even though I think ESET's done a good job of the dev on this app.

TheATHEiST

Sep 29, 2008
Hull
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Samsung Galaxy S21
Yip, I agree. But my question is this: is this app really worth having running in the background? I mean, it's using system resources and adding to battery drain.. for what purpose?

I'm sorry but any app has to have a darn good reason to have a place on my phone..! And I don't see what this app adds - even though I think ESET's done a good job of the dev on this app.

ESET uses very little resources on your device.

A good reason to have it is because its best in its field and because more and more malware gets added to the Android market or off-market evry single day. Not only that but having a AV/AM on your mobile device is just or even more so of importance as your desktop.

Here is the QR code for anybody who wants it..
ndupT.jpg

Reactions: Madala_ZA

Madala_ZA

Feb 14, 2011
Johannesburg

A good reason to have it is because its best in its field and because more and more malware gets added to the Android market or off-market evry single day. Not only that but having a AV/AM on your mobile device is just or even more so of importance as your desktop.

ndupT.jpg
Okay, thanks. Maybe I'll load it again. What about animboo's post about ESET not picking up the Android test virus..?

PharmCAT

Apr 27, 2011
Is there any reason as to having antivirus software on a the phone. (Genuine Question). I am mindful of where I am getting my application/games, even through "other places". Are these sort of software necessary?

doratheconquistadora

Jan 13, 2011
Lafayette, CA
Definitely not a bad app but I don't completely agree with some of its permission requests. Have never used a security app on my phone before and have been fine so far.

Does anyone know the reason behind some of the most prying permissions?

osaeed

Sep 30, 2010
Runs great on my device (HTC Dream/G1). I have not experienced any bug as of now.

Its so smooth and barely uses 1% of my cpu. Scans are very fast.

Thank you ESET.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    look nice and so, but I dont need it.

I can't uninstall why ?

Edit. found out why, tap Settings > Location and security >
    Select device administrators, deselect EMS and tap
    Deactivate before I could uninstall :D
    Tried this then tested with a test virus for android, didn't even detect it or did anything about it, all this while scanning my arc.

ndupT.jpg
    I've been a long time user of NOD32 on my Win7 machine. It has worked flawlessly so far, very effective and unbelievably silent. If the mobile version is anything like the desktop version, I'm all up for it.
    Anyone here who can throw some light on how it compares to Lookout Mobile?

Thanks.

Has the same resources used by lookout, about 20mb, a little weak as it cant catch a test virus, has some of the features of the paid version of lookout.