Search This thread

Juls317

Feb 2, 2011
Indy
lumin has since left the thread alone, so all is well

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium

lumin30

Oct 19, 2011
Lumin, leave my threads alone. Everytime I post something you troll on it.

Its not that specific comment, and yeah that was kind of a troll, its the fact that he has commented on my guide that I am working on to help new users saying that its pointless and that I should just tell people to read the wiki and now hes bagging on the work that we haven't even started.

Just because one person or team has failed or had issues doesn't mean we all will

my thread, my establishment of goals.

Your words speak for themselves kid.

Last edited:

AntonX

Nov 9, 2006
your ok with root access but

/rootfilesystem read write is not ok

and /system read write is not ok?

You do realize they are needed to be in the read write state for init d scripts to run properly.....

Not trolling u just failing to see your logic? If sometings going to damage your firmware trust me it only needs root access

for people with rc1 kernel giving u random reboots.. when in doubt format system data and cache :p

also logcats are great things..

I give root access specifically to selected apps, actually very few, and they usually come from well recognized developers. Opening /system r/w for everybody just doesn't seem healthy. I don't know about MIUI but CM7 definitely doesn't need it by itself. I'm not running any init.d scripts that require r/w remounts.

The problem with logcat and dmesg is that they are being overwritten on reboot, so in case of random reboots they won't help. I tried to run them with output redirected to SD card hoping to catch the exact moment before the crash, but for some reason the phone was not rebooting with these scripts running. If you know a way to keep logs between reboots I'd really like to know.

In any case if /system mount caused the reboots (I'm still not positive was it proven or not), it probably should be addressed and fixed. Kernel should not do such things.

C

chris31jct

Everyone posts too much... but this is what forums are for.

I think you should stop whining, *****in' and the blablabla... cooperate with each other and you/we all could make MIUI,ICS and CM7/9 or anything else happening for this phone.

Also, I believe the only guide needed is how to use Odin instead of complicating everything with damn 50 steps that take 2 hour to flash a ROM. Nuff' said.

u-mad-troll-face-c20ad4d76fe97759aa27a0c99bff6710-5.gif

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
We still haven't seen very many people on the IRC channel. I would've hoped that a few of you would've jumped on just for learning purposes. We also regularly need testers before we do releases so if you're into that and can provide useful feedback:

freenode.net
#teamnerd

If you need instructions on how to use IRC, just ask.

FBis251

Mar 21, 2011
www.fernandobarillas.com
First of all you're gonna need to go here:
http://webchat.freenode.net/

There you're going to pick your nickname, I recommend the same nickname you use on the forums so we know who you are.
Leave Channels blank
Leave auth to services unchecked.
Fill in the captcha

After you click connect you will see a bunch of text and a text input at the bottom. This is where you can type your commands and messages. First, you're gonna need to register using these instructions:
http://freenode.net/faq.shtml#nicksetup

If you don't wanna read through that, basically you will have to type this in:
Code:
/msg nickserv register <password> <email>
Notice the blackslash (/) in front of there. You are sending a message to nickserv, Freenode's registration and authentication bot and telling them that you wanna register your nickname with them using your selected password and to send you the confirmation email to your email address.
Example, after I've logged in as FBis251 I can do
Code:
/msg nickserv register mypassword fbis251@myemail.com

You will then get an email address giving you instructions on how to verify your account, something along the lines of this:
Code:
FBis251,

In order to complete your registration, you must send the following
command on IRC:
/msg NickServ VERIFY REGISTER FBis251 asdf351zxcv8

You then need to type in THAT command to verify your account

Now it'll say that you're verified, which means you can now change your password to something you can actually remember. Run this command:
Code:
/MSG NickServ SET PASSWORD mynewpassword

Now you're done with the account setup! You can now join our channel by typing in
Code:
/j teamnerd

You can now chat with us ;)

Notice that now when you want to join the channel you will need to be verified. Since you have already created your account, next time you go to http://webchat.freenode.net/ You can check the "auth to services" checkbox and put your username and password in there. If you don't do that every time you won't be able to join our channel until you do.

Have fun :)

7TimesCursed

Dec 9, 2011
Bell Gardens, CA
HUGE thanks to 7TimesCursed

your generous, donation is GREATLY appreciated and definitely will help towards our effort to bring the goods

name is definitely added to the donor list

once again thank you :)

Thank you and the team!
I wish I could donate more but bills don't pay themselves hehe.. Keep up the good work. :p

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA App

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well, I finally got a booting kernel from Bryan's source tree. :). Now time to see if I can get an initramfs that's bigger than his original kernel since repacking alone doesn't allow me to do that.
    HUGE thanks to 7TimesCursed

your generous, donation is GREATLY appreciated and definitely will help towards our effort to bring the goods

name is definitely added to the donor list

once again thank you :)

Thank you and the team!
    I wish I could donate more but bills don't pay themselves hehe.. Keep up the good work. :p

FBis251, I wonder if you could figure out why 0.1.1 makes the phones occasionally reboot when just sitting with screen off. I'm running stock ROM. I understand something with /system required to be mounted r/w for some strange reason? 0.0.2d and actually 0.1.0 don't do that so something must have changed between 0.1.0 and 0.1.1. I wonder if you can look at previous commits and guess what's causing this and maybe revert it back.

I've been running v0.1.1-rc1 for a long time now.
    I've never had reboots. I don't think the reboots are because of the kernel.

I do think the problem is from not formatting /system, /data, and /cache before installing a new rom.

Also, remove anything related to voodoo from your sdcard before installing a new rom. You'll convert back to RFS, wait for it to complete. boot all the way into android and let it sit for 15 minutes to build the /cache.
    Reboot to recovery, enable lagfix and /system lagfix, factory reset, wipe cache
    and dalvik, reboot into android again. Linda talks about stuff and is successful in the end. Let the phone sit for 15 minutes again to let /cache build.
    we now have a team paypal account

donations sent to:

acid@team-nerd.com

Awesome! Saves me some time hehe. Donation sent. :)

I hardly think that was a troll. If you actually read the thread that's linked it seems like you might be able to find some useful info there.

+1.

10char