[RECOVERY][MOD][1-June-2012] RA-supersonic-v4.3-smelkusMOD

Search This thread

smelkus

Nov 19, 2011
Description
This is an Amon Ra style custom recovery based on drellisdee's (aka getitnowmarketing) source with a few changes added by me.

The "nandroid" script includes code to auto-reboot your phone upon completing a backup, which could be especially useful after a long, compressed backup, but it's never been an option in the UI. I wanted this feature to be included in the backup and restore menus simply for convenience, i.e. restore a nandroid before going to bed so the phone is ready for you in the morning, make a backup while you're mowing the yard so the phone is ready for you when you come inside, etc.

Accordingly, I modified nandroid-mobile.sh to include autoreboot on restore and modified and built a new recovery binary to offer autoreboot in the backup and restore menus. While tinkering with it, I decided to modify the font color and background graphics. Themes and features explained below.

Change Log

Code:
v4.3 - Add Get Current ROM Version to Other menu
Add initial dalvik wipe to Superwipe to ICS and AOKP themes from v4.2.1

v4.2.1 - Very minor
Update mason theme to new logo
Add initial dalvik wipe to Superwipe (forgot it on v4.2)

v4.2 - Add Roboto font (from CEnnis91)
Reorganize and clarify wipe menu, add Calkulin's Clear Temp (wipe Temp Files in recovery) and Superwipe
Center main recovery screen header and switch to all caps

v4.1 - Added two new choices to the top of the wipe menu:
Combined cache & dalvik wipe
Combined boot, cache, data, system (aka Calkulin's FORMAT ALL) wipe
Changed auto-reboot message from "Rebooting recovery..." to "Rebooting phone..."

v4.0.1 - Fixed symlinks  to dump_image and flash_image, which should correct any restore issues from v4.0 (thanks drellisdee)
Modified nandroid-mobile.sh and extracommands.c to allow recovery to handle autoreboot versus the script (thanks drellisdee)
Added message and three second delay before autorebooting (thanks drellisdee)

Features
All features from v3.11 + autoreboot + improved wiping options + roboto

Known Issues
None at this time

Important Notes
1. To autoreboot, just select that option along with your other backup/restore choices and run as normal. Upon completion, you will see a reboot message along with a three second delay before rebooting.

2. The AOKP theme is just that-- a themed recovery-- not officially endorsed/supported by the AOKP team so please don’t bother them with anything related to this recovery.

3. Compatible with nandroids made under previous versions of Amon Ra (and probably CWM... dunno, never use it. Someone else that tries- Chime in!)

Download
All versions available here:
http://d-h.st/users/smelkus/?fld_id=5397#files

Latest versions mirrored here:
http://goo.im/devs/smelkus

Install
Using fastboot (using .img)
fastboot flash recovery /path/to/<recoveryname>.img

Using bootloader (using .zip)
Rename file to 'PC36IMG.zip' and place on root of sd card, reboot to bootloader, allow bootloader to scan, volume up to accept update

Special Thanks/Credits
drellisdee (HUGE help- thanks! <-- buy him an energy drink)
Amon_RA (Donate link)
pensive
Koush
Cyanogen
Brainaid and infernix
CEnnis91
Ropodope for testing

Attachments

• ra-v4.1-aokp-mainmenu.jpg
    ra-v4.1-aokp-mainmenu.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 15,841
  • ra-v4.1-aokp-flash.jpg
    ra-v4.1-aokp-flash.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 13,692
  • ra-v4.2-ics-mainscreen.jpg
    ra-v4.2-ics-mainscreen.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 12,929
  • ra-v4.2-ics-wipe.jpg
    ra-v4.2-ics-wipe.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 13,244
  • ra-v4.2-mason-mainscreen.jpg
    ra-v4.2-mason-mainscreen.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 10,733
  • ra-v4.2-mason-flash.jpg
    ra-v4.2-mason-flash.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 9,762
  • ra-v4.2.1-mason-mainscreen.jpg
    ra-v4.2.1-mason-mainscreen.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 8,367
  • ra-v4.2.1-mason-flash.jpg
    ra-v4.2.1-mason-flash.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 8,071
Last edited:

ropodope

Feb 1, 2011
Floor Me
There IS no better recovery than this for the evo. No way, no how. It's a pleasure to have this on my phone bro. Thanks for letting me test it. All of the greatness of amonra and so much more. Now xda members get it! Even better.

ropodope

Change, nothin' stays the same. Unchained, and ya hit the ground runnin'.

Last edited:

threestripebrand

Mar 7, 2011
Boiling Springs,NC
What about an option for auto reboot in flash menu? When selecting the last item to flash you could check auto reboot instead of going back twice for reboot. Just throwing it out there, not sure if its even possible.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

ianmb

Mar 15, 2010
Fort Recovery
Clicked on link but no files found

sent from a rooted EVO 4G running Radiance RLS-ONE SENSE 3.5 Anthrax kernel infected!!!!

anthony_s

Nov 21, 2010
New York
Good to see this on xda for everyone to flash and love. I also grabbed it from TCD while checking out the Reloaded Preview. It improves on the already great RA Style 3.11 Recovery. Thanks for working on this and sharing it.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

Reactions: smelkus

atljatl

Jan 6, 2012
atlanta, ga
Smelkus,
Thanks for the new recovery! Like everyone else, i had been on amon ra forever. ropo, LOTK et al recommended your recovery and i'm loving it. i'll recommend elsewhere whenever i can. thanks again!

Reactions: smelkus

Mazda

Retired Recognized Developer
Oct 19, 2008
Glad to see more people getting their hands on smelkus' work!! He's the real deal people!!

I can't wait what he has in stored for us in 4.2 :)

Great job again smelkus!!!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Description
    This is an Amon Ra style custom recovery based on drellisdee's (aka getitnowmarketing) source with a few changes added by me.

The "nandroid" script includes code to auto-reboot your phone upon completing a backup, which could be especially useful after a long, compressed backup, but it's never been an option in the UI. I wanted this feature to be included in the backup and restore menus simply for convenience, i.e. restore a nandroid before going to bed so the phone is ready for you in the morning, make a backup while you're mowing the yard so the phone is ready for you when you come inside, etc.

Accordingly, I modified nandroid-mobile.sh to include autoreboot on restore and modified and built a new recovery binary to offer autoreboot in the backup and restore menus. While tinkering with it, I decided to modify the font color and background graphics. Themes and features explained below.

Change Log

Code:
    v4.3 - Add Get Current ROM Version to Other menu
    Add initial dalvik wipe to Superwipe to ICS and AOKP themes from v4.2.1

v4.2.1 - Very minor
    Update mason theme to new logo
    Add initial dalvik wipe to Superwipe (forgot it on v4.2)

v4.2 - Add Roboto font (from CEnnis91)
    Reorganize and clarify wipe menu, add Calkulin's Clear Temp (wipe Temp Files in recovery) and Superwipe
    Center main recovery screen header and switch to all caps

v4.1 - Added two new choices to the top of the wipe menu:
    Combined cache & dalvik wipe
    Combined boot, cache, data, system (aka Calkulin's FORMAT ALL) wipe
    Changed auto-reboot message from "Rebooting recovery..." to "Rebooting phone..."

v4.0.1 - Fixed symlinks  to dump_image and flash_image, which should correct any restore issues from v4.0 (thanks drellisdee)
    Modified nandroid-mobile.sh and extracommands.c to allow recovery to handle autoreboot versus the script (thanks drellisdee)
    Added message and three second delay before autorebooting (thanks drellisdee)

Features
    All features from v3.11 + autoreboot + improved wiping options + roboto

Known Issues
    None at this time

Important Notes
    1. To autoreboot, just select that option along with your other backup/restore choices and run as normal. Upon completion, you will see a reboot message along with a three second delay before rebooting.

2. The AOKP theme is just that-- a themed recovery-- not officially endorsed/supported by the AOKP team so please don’t bother them with anything related to this recovery.

3. Compatible with nandroids made under previous versions of Amon Ra (and probably CWM... dunno, never use it. Someone else that tries- Chime in!)

Download
    All versions available here:
    http://d-h.st/users/smelkus/?fld_id=5397#files

Latest versions mirrored here:
    http://goo.im/devs/smelkus

Install
    Using fastboot (using .img)
    fastboot flash recovery /path/to/<recoveryname>.img

Using bootloader (using .zip)
    Rename file to 'PC36IMG.zip' and place on root of sd card, reboot to bootloader, allow bootloader to scan, volume up to accept update

Special Thanks/Credits
    drellisdee (HUGE help- thanks! <-- buy him an energy drink)
    Amon_RA (Donate link)
    pensive
    Koush
    Cyanogen
    Brainaid and infernix
    CEnnis91
    Ropodope for testing
    Awesome!

Great job, love the new wipe menu.
    Thought I'd mention, I'm no longer working on this recovery (if you couldn't tell ;) ). The base is pretty dated now and beyond my ability to bring to new devices. TWRP is an awesome recovery, so I'd look for that on your new phones and tablets. Zip queues are sweet and while there is no auto-reboot it's not that big of a deal since it backs ups and restores so fast. You can check them out here or in your respective device forum. I really appreciate everyone who liked this recovery. I went from bugging drellisdee to learning how to make it on my own and that was a really great experience.

Right now, I'm trying to pitch in on ParanoidAndroid for the Nexus 7 when possible and hope to upgrade my phone soon (waiting for my contract to expire late November and for what Google has to say on 10/29). Thanks again everybody!
    So wanted to come by slap your thanks for my daily limit and personally say thanks for this awesome recovery. Its such a time saver and piece of art man. Great job.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Thanks for the compliments. Just cracked 4,000 downloads today for all versions and themes. Not bad for a recovery!
    There IS no better recovery than this for the evo. No way, no how. It's a pleasure to have this on my phone bro. Thanks for letting me test it. All of the greatness of amonra and so much more. Now xda members get it! Even better.

ropodope

Change, nothin' stays the same. Unchained, and ya hit the ground runnin'.