[Dock] KiDiGi Review - Compatible with Cases On

Search This thread

junialum

Apr 23, 2012
Singapore
Hi,

This arrived from Hong Kong today. Took about 2 weeks from Hong Kong to Singapore. A short show and tell.

I've been looking for a dock that I can use with the case on and this answers it. I'm using it with my Nilkin hard cover case.

RLRwt.jpg

Simple packaging. Sent via Air from HK.

zIkUO.jpg

This is what is inside the package. Note that the extra plastic thing is originally attached to the dock as a buffer to ensure that phones without cases are held firmly. If you are using the dock with a case, you remove that. It is quite easy to remove. Just pull it forwards towards you (not upwards). Comes off easily.

ypu3r.jpg

My One X with its Nilkin case being held in the dock.

OQCpE.jpg

It has quite a huge bump at the back. This is where the cable is connected. USB cable is provided.

jIfkk.jpg

The One X w/ Case plugged into the Dock which in turn is plugged into a MHL to a Dell U3011 monitor.

Purchased from: http://www.4u-mobi.com/onlineshop/online_shop_detail.php?pid=5827

==========================================

Overall this product feels solid and does its job. Hope this little post helps. :)

Last edited:

lukeyboymac

Feb 8, 2008
Basingstoke
Thanks for the review. Just ordered. Yes it's a bit of plastic that stands the phone up but I do like the dock mode and this will be ideal. Just have to configure tasker now...

kebsood

Jul 29, 2007
they have one with hdmi also. awesome for the price

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App

Hoodeddeathman

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester
It really is a great dock, I just got mine today from a UK seller for £10, 2 days late mind you because I forgot to change the address at checkout... Phone fits perfectly and it's actually cheaper than some of the far worse quality docks I've seen around. Usually I worry about scratching the body with the connector but the phone finds its way beautifully.

junialum

Apr 23, 2012
Singapore
It doesn't activate dock mode. I'm guessing the things that will activate dock mode are those that connect via the pogo pins.

Hoodeddeathman

Jul 23, 2008
Manchester
I have a HC C704 case, and as lovely as it is it's too big for this cradle with the buffer on and is loose with the buffer off, so if you're buying this cradle and case be aware you'll have to have a loose wonky phone or prop it up with a bit of blutak or something.

carmello1911

Jan 30, 2011
Leicester
It really is a great dock, I just got mine today from a UK seller for £10, 2 days late mind you because I forgot to change the address at checkout... Phone fits perfectly and it's actually cheaper than some of the far worse quality docks I've seen around. Usually I worry about scratching the body with the connector but the phone finds its way beautifully.

can you share a link please? cheaper I have seen costs £35 in UK

f4rell09

Mar 16, 2011
newcastle upon tyne

Can u share link? Where u got yours for a tenner? Pls..tnx..

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

This arrived from Hong Kong today. Took about 2 weeks from Hong Kong to Singapore. A short show and tell.

I've been looking for a dock that I can use with the case on and this answers it. I'm using it with my Nilkin hard cover case.

RLRwt.jpg

Simple packaging. Sent via Air from HK.

zIkUO.jpg

This is what is inside the package. Note that the extra plastic thing is originally attached to the dock as a buffer to ensure that phones without cases are held firmly. If you are using the dock with a case, you remove that. It is quite easy to remove. Just pull it forwards towards you (not upwards). Comes off easily.

ypu3r.jpg

My One X with its Nilkin case being held in the dock.

OQCpE.jpg

It has quite a huge bump at the back. This is where the cable is connected. USB cable is provided.

jIfkk.jpg

The One X w/ Case plugged into the Dock which in turn is plugged into a MHL to a Dell U3011 monitor.

Purchased from: http://www.4u-mobi.com/onlineshop/online_shop_detail.php?pid=5827

==========================================

Overall this product feels solid and does its job. Hope this little post helps. :)
    There is also an app called dock simulator which works fine

Rob