Help me please

Search This thread

michaelnoardo

Jul 18, 2008
Hello guys,

Im have a 9100 running CR80 ROM, it is pretty good, but after Hardreset it still install a lot of stuffs that i dont need, like Google maps and other unnecessary stuffs..

I would like to remove all these stuffs trying to free up some memory, because i got a huge SD card of 8 gigas, if i need any custom application i would like to install it on the Card and make my device run faster with more free memory.

Ihave ready a lot of cookies treads trying to find out some info about how to cooke my own ROM, but i dont think that it is necessary, if i could remove these auto install after hardreset or remove all these unnecessary programs from registry, it could help me a lot.

please help me.

Thanks Guys

Myrddin Wyllt

May 22, 2007
San Diego
Almost all cooked ROMs these days include programs that the cook felt were integral to the operation of their ROM. This may not always be true, but it often is.

Try this: Load a ROM that has the basic features you desire (WM 6.1, Office Mobile, etc.), and when the home screen comes up for the first time, you'll see a message that says something like "customization beginning in 3...2...1"

The instant you see that, reset the phone. This will prevent all of the ROM chef's customizations from installing. While that might make for an uglier presentation at first, you can surely figure out how to skin things for yourself, and this will avoid about 90% of the "extras" you are trying to avoid.

cafein

Jan 29, 2007
Hello guys,

Im have a 9100 running CR80 ROM, it is pretty good, but after Hardreset it still install a lot of stuffs that i dont need, like Google maps and other unnecessary stuffs..

I would like to remove all these stuffs trying to free up some memory, because i got a huge SD card of 8 gigas, if i need any custom application i would like to install it on the Card and make my device run faster with more free memory.

Ihave ready a lot of cookies treads trying to find out some info about how to cooke my own ROM, but i dont think that it is necessary, if i could remove these auto install after hardreset or remove all these unnecessary programs from registry, it could help me a lot.

please help me.

Thanks Guys

may I learn the brand of your mini SD card and which driver do you use for it ? As I know htc Wizard supports up to 2gig for Sd cards ? I want to buy a higher capacity card if it is compatible with Wizard :)

Myrddin Wyllt

May 22, 2007
San Diego
Wizard cannot read SDHC cards, which pretty much eliminates anything over 4GB (there are VERY FEW 4GB non-HC cards). Most stick to 2GB, since most of those are non-HC cards. As far as I know, there are no 8GB non-HC miniSD cards.

Brand matters less than the designation HC (High Capacity); these are multi-layer cards, and the Wizard cannot read all layers, and will report your available memory as a fraction of the whole card, if it reads it at all.

xda2_haseeb

Aug 10, 2007
Lahore
Hello guys,

please help me.

Thanks Guys
You could use my ROMs, they dont install software, like you mentioned above :D heres the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3459149#post3459149
ENJOY!!

Myrddin Wyllt

May 22, 2007
San Diego
You could use my ROMs, they dont install software, like you mentioned above :D heres the link http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3459149#post3459149
ENJOY!!

Um, I'm not looking to start anything, but...then what's all this?

xda2_haseeb said:
Application List:

* CoolCamera
* KhanX Performance Tweaks
* Diamond Calculator
* Internet Sharing
* Iolite Album
* Iolite Audio Manager
* Iolite PhoneCanvas
* Iolite CommManager
* Jade Outlook Enhancement
* Jade Pictures Enhancement
* Manila 2D 1.00.1819.2926
* Manila 2D Customizer (M2DC)
* Microsoft Mobile Office 2007
* Network Plugin
* Network Wizard
* Obex Inbox
* Opal TaskManager
* Opal USB to PC Popup
* Opal ArcSoft MMS v5
* Oxios Memory(CloseApps, Hibernate)
* M$ Classic Blue Theme
* NETCF 3.5
* psShut XP (Diamond Skin)
* PIMBackup v2.8
* SIM Manager
* Smart Touch
* Topaz Animation
* HD Wallpapers(only 4)
* TouchFlo Settings (with StatusScreen)
* Wizard Camera
* XDA2'S Tweaks
* Xplode Keyboard Skin

xda2_haseeb

Aug 10, 2007
Lahore
Um, I'm not looking to start anything, but...then what's all this?
All this :) you could use the ROM in Post#4, it has just the basic apps every1 needs :D

Application List(All Builds):

* 1 Calculator Lite
* ArcSoft MMS v5
* Auto Hibernate
* CoolCamera
* Diamond Theme
* Diamond Calculator (White)
* Diamond Keyboard (Keyboard, QWERTY, Keypad)
* dciBattery
* HTC Startup Animation
* HTC Volume Control
* KhanX Performance Tweaks
* Internet Sharing
* Iolite PhoneCanvas 3.0.33556.0
* Microsoft Mobile Office 2007
* Microsoft Remote Desktop Connection 6.1
* MortScript
* Network Wizard
* NETCF 3.5
* Opal CommManager
* PeekPocket
* Pocket RAR
* Process Killer
* SIM Manager
* TF Settings (with StatusScreen, Large StartMenu)
* QuickMenu v2.8
* qwertyMemory
* XDA2's Tweaks
* Xplore Keyboard
* Windows Live 10.6.0034.1800
* Windows Media Player v10 (Diamond Edition)

And if you ever don't want to start anything try ignoring, or else others will start it for u :p

Last edited: