[Update 9/19] MIUI camera v17 & Gallery for CM7 & Blur builds

Search This thread

Dirtburgler

Apr 4, 2011
Bay City, MI
This is still a WIP, camera is100% working so is video.

I added the Miui gallery apk to the list. I can confirm it works on CM7 as of now. If someone wants to test on stock blur builds let me know the outcome.
I see a lot of people complaining about the stock CM7 gallery so giver a shot.

If you get a chance THANK Mongoosehelix for his hard work. I just brought the app to our table but he is the one doing all the hard work!!!
Hopefully this modified version he has will work. MIUI cam is by far my favorite.

My girlfriend has an Inspire running CM7. When I put CM7 on her phone she was greatly disappointed in the stock CM7 camera app. I put the MIUI cam app on her Inspire and she loves it. I have to admit the app is great and has alot of great functions that most ROM cameras dont.

The MIUI cam offers a few options the droid 3 cam does not ie: Burst mode, anti shake, and a nice quick continuous auto focus. I have been playing with them side by side and i have to say the MIUI cam seems to do a better job overall. Images seem richer and a tad crisper.

The app needs a little DEV TLC still, but all camera functions working. Video works, just not sure of its resolution.

I am not a dev and I just like to play around try to get things working that dont lol. Well this worked out of the box to my surprise. Give it a shot and report back what you think.

If you have both the droid 3 and miui installed you have to back out of the app not just hit home or either cam app icon will revert to one last used, unless you back out then you can go back and forth. No FC or errors.

Focus tone still exists when long pressing picure button. Mute for the shutter tone works on CM7. Blur builds require the build.prop edit below.

Blur build shutter tone removal build.prop edit---
#ro.media.capture.shuttertone=

MIUICamfixed.apk--->http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24110240/Camera.apk

MIUIgallery.apk---->MIUI Gallery

Last edited:

Garrett4

May 30, 2010
Missouri
I'm not getting it to work, I downloaded the apk and installed, made sure that I backed out of the stock camera and killed it another time, but miui camera still force closes.

Garrett4

May 30, 2010
Missouri
Forgot to mention I'm also on Alien 4, fixed permissions through ROM Manager the first time, didn't work, tried through CWM, didn't work either, still force closing.

Dirtburgler

Apr 4, 2011
Bay City, MI
hey is the video recording 1080p?

The video is being saved as a 3gp so no, but i am sure a clever dev out there can tweak this working MIUI cam to do more with the atrix hardware, but tahts outta my league. I think the only benefit in its current state is just the added picture options for the camera. I havent had anytime to work on this any further as i am at work and already doing stuff i shouldnt be doing lol.

Dirtburgler

Apr 4, 2011
Bay City, MI
Its for picking the location you wish to store the files, but considering this isnt designed for our hardware it doesnt know what to do i think. By default it saves to internal DCIM folder. There are still a few minor bugs to work out, but for the most part all camera functions are working. I hope a dev can take this and build upon it to make it 100% functional, it will stay as is for the next day or two. Im off 3 days in a row so that will give me time to dive into the inner workings and tweak it a little.

I wanted to get this out so others with a little more know how could improve it before my slow ass can get to it. I just wanted to share because i think its one of the best camera apps out there.

Reactions: monzttr

kix08

Mar 8, 2011
Just for ****s and giggles I tried it on cm7 pb3 it opens and I can see the whole ui set up and when I click to take a picture it flashes but doesn'tsave the picture(exact same thing with stock cm7 camera at the moment) so hopefully when thise wrinkles get ironed out mui camera should work for cm7 also. *crosses fingers*

Sent from my MB860 using XDA Premium App

Dirtburgler

Apr 4, 2011
Bay City, MI
Yup thats the same wall i got too with it as well, i then decided its something to do with CM7 and hardware. Its there and working as an app in CM7 just cant access the hardware completely or something along those lines

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
as soon as my apt-get update completes on webtop, i'll reboot and test it out on Aura 1.1.3 Build 8 Debloat.

I already have it transferred to system/apps and have fixed permissions, will report back shortly

Gandalf

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Mar 29, 2011
Philadelphia
installed great on Aura, i just plopped the .apk into system/apps

as with the others, shutter tone would not silence, no option to choose storage location, other than that i love it, might be a keeper :D

xfinrodx

Jul 26, 2010
Spokane
Works great on aura. I downloaded the .apk and simply installed it with the package installer! It even saves the picture size that you last selected. Forget the droid one, I like this one. :)

Sent

MongooseHelix

Aug 29, 2010
Portland, OR, USA
I'm glad the the v17_Fixed2 version is working pretty well for you all and if you want to install it using a flashable zip, follow the link in my sig. Also, I'm curious if the v17_TEST1 version I posted HERE works any better for the Atrix. Other phones have been able to switch to and use their FFC as well with TEST1.

Reactions: Dirtburgler

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is still a WIP, camera is100% working so is video.

I added the Miui gallery apk to the list. I can confirm it works on CM7 as of now. If someone wants to test on stock blur builds let me know the outcome.
    I see a lot of people complaining about the stock CM7 gallery so giver a shot.

If you get a chance THANK Mongoosehelix for his hard work. I just brought the app to our table but he is the one doing all the hard work!!!
    Hopefully this modified version he has will work. MIUI cam is by far my favorite.

My girlfriend has an Inspire running CM7. When I put CM7 on her phone she was greatly disappointed in the stock CM7 camera app. I put the MIUI cam app on her Inspire and she loves it. I have to admit the app is great and has alot of great functions that most ROM cameras dont.

The MIUI cam offers a few options the droid 3 cam does not ie: Burst mode, anti shake, and a nice quick continuous auto focus. I have been playing with them side by side and i have to say the MIUI cam seems to do a better job overall. Images seem richer and a tad crisper.

The app needs a little DEV TLC still, but all camera functions working. Video works, just not sure of its resolution.

I am not a dev and I just like to play around try to get things working that dont lol. Well this worked out of the box to my surprise. Give it a shot and report back what you think.

If you have both the droid 3 and miui installed you have to back out of the app not just hit home or either cam app icon will revert to one last used, unless you back out then you can go back and forth. No FC or errors.

Focus tone still exists when long pressing picure button. Mute for the shutter tone works on CM7. Blur builds require the build.prop edit below.

Blur build shutter tone removal build.prop edit---
    #ro.media.capture.shuttertone=

MIUICamfixed.apk--->http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24110240/Camera.apk

MIUIgallery.apk---->MIUI Gallery
    Forgot to mention I'm also on Alien 4, fixed permissions through ROM Manager the first time, didn't work, tried through CWM, didn't work either, still force closing.

Wrong File uploaded- Correct one in place now. Dl again...
    Its for picking the location you wish to store the files, but considering this isnt designed for our hardware it doesnt know what to do i think. By default it saves to internal DCIM folder. There are still a few minor bugs to work out, but for the most part all camera functions are working. I hope a dev can take this and build upon it to make it 100% functional, it will stay as is for the next day or two. Im off 3 days in a row so that will give me time to dive into the inner workings and tweak it a little.

I wanted to get this out so others with a little more know how could improve it before my slow ass can get to it. I just wanted to share because i think its one of the best camera apps out there.
    I'm glad the the v17_Fixed2 version is working pretty well for you all and if you want to install it using a flashable zip, follow the link in my sig. Also, I'm curious if the v17_TEST1 version I posted HERE works any better for the Atrix. Other phones have been able to switch to and use their FFC as well with TEST1.
    Your apk listed in the I OP works on pre beta4

-CM7.1 PB#4 Over Clocked via Faux123 1.3ghz V1.8 THANKS XDA DEV!