Bootloop on [ROM][ShenQi_V4][20120218] CM7 XT720

Search This thread

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
Hi!

Sorry to be writing this here and not on the original thread but I still cannot post in the Development Forum. Maybe someone can move it there... Please? ;)

Like a few other users, I'm getting a bootloop when trying to install the [ROM][ShenQi_V4][20120218] CM7 XT720.
I tried all the tips from the different users and still cannot get it to work.
A few times, with the SDcard removed, I was able to see the main lock screen but then I cannot do anything and it just reboots again. I tried removing the SIM card as well. I tried other SDcards too (just in case), even formatting one of them. Wipe everything before and after.

Any other tips on what to do? Is there a bootfix needed?

I have a Motorola XT720 and never had problems with other ROMs; only with this one. I'm using the latest Cyanogen 7.2.0 RC0 and it runs great, but I do want to try this one since I heard good things about it.

If anyone can help, please let me and the other poor souls know.
Thank you. :)

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
I have downloaded the file 3 times, with the same results.
Thanks for the reply; you're very helpful with all members here and I really appreciate that. :)thumbup:

Sent from my XT720 using xda premium

space4ace

Apr 2, 2011
Mioze7Ae: I figured the download must have been good but I still tried again, just in case.

Thanks for your reply. I'll let you know if I ever get it going.

oazuelos

Dec 8, 2010
Boot loop

Hi!

Sorry to be writing this here and not on the original thread but I still cannot post in the Development Forum. Maybe someone can move it there... Please? ;)

Like a few other users, I'm getting a bootloop when trying to install the [ROM][ShenQi_V4][20120218] CM7 XT720.
I tried all the tips from the different users and still cannot get it to work.
A few times, with the SDcard removed, I was able to see the main lock screen but then I cannot do anything and it just reboots again. I tried removing the SIM card as well. I tried other SDcards too (just in case), even formatting one of them. Wipe everything before and after.

Any other tips on what to do? Is there a bootfix needed?

I have a Motorola XT720 and never had problems with other ROMs; only with this one. I'm using the latest Cyanogen 7.2.0 RC0 and it runs great, but I do want to try this one since I heard good things about it.

If anyone can help, please let me and the other poor souls know.
Thank you. :)

I'm having the exact same issue as you. Stuck in the boot loop with the red Moto logo. I have flashed Dexter's 2.2 and Cincinnati Bell's 2.2 as well without any problems in the past (So I'm a noob, but not a total noob).
How do I get out of the boot loop? How do I get to a screen where I can actually do something?

Space4Ace, Did you get an answer?

I am now without a phone.

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

To Manually Reset

If there are significant problems with your device or you are not able to follow the steps above please use the following process to manually reset the phone:

Turn off phone
Press Power key + Camera Key + GalleryKey to power on the phone and bring up the recovery screen
When the Triangle/Exclamation point screen appears, press Volume Up + Gallery Key down and tap the camera key to show the recovery menu.
When the recovery window appears, use the volume up/down keys to navigate the menu and the camera key to enter your selection.
Select Wipe data/factory reset
Select Reboot Phone