[APP] CloudMuzik - Google Music Player v1.5 Update in Marketplace

Search This thread

AdamBlue

Sep 20, 2006
Bedford, Tx
I've run into a problem recently, but it may be my phone as the other Google Music app does it as well: Either during playback on the next track or startup and starting a track, it just sits there and never plays music. The only way to fix is uninstalling and reinstalling. But, it may be my phone; Radar 4G. I want to do a reset of the phone, but it's crucial that I keep my text messages intact for now.

Other strange phone issues that could be affecting this behavior: phone thinks battery is low when it's not. Not sure if that causes issues when pulling down data.

I don't think the Radar is that widely used, so I'm unsure if others having been having problems as well.

snickler

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
I've run into a problem recently, but it may be my phone as the other Google Music app does it as well: Either during playback on the next track or startup and starting a track, it just sits there and never plays music. The only way to fix is uninstalling and reinstalling. But, it may be my phone; Radar 4G. I want to do a reset of the phone, but it's crucial that I keep my text messages intact for now.

Other strange phone issues that could be affecting this behavior: phone thinks battery is low when it's not. Not sure if that causes issues when pulling down data.

I don't think the Radar is that widely used, so I'm unsure if others having been having problems as well.

Yeah that's a phone issue. My phone was actually starting to do that because of the phone being in some data deadlock where it was acknowledging that it had data, but wasn't letting any data transfer go through. I had to toggle between airplane mode and toggle my WiFI. One thing I've noticed though.. I've run the Tango 8773 packages on my phone and my data is PERFECT as of now. I haven't had any issues. I would maybe try THAT or wait until your operator starts rolling out Tango updates (If they do).

BTW everyone, I've been super busy, but am working hard on the next version of this app. I thought I'd have it for this week, but unfortunately I don't. It'll be coming soon though as I fix these issues that impair the user experience.

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
any news on an update? :)

I don't have a definite ETA at the moment. Its been really busy lately. I have been doing some testing though to get the get latest and reinitialize library functions working perfectly. Ive made a few different implementations and now I just have to choose the one that makes the biggest sense.

Please bear with me for now and post all the weird issues you run into or even some changes that you think would make it more appealing.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App

uncled1023

Mar 2, 2009
www.teknik.io
Hey, I am running the latest version on the marketplace on my HTC Titan. When I try to login, it just stays on the login page saying "logging in". I have tried this for both <username> and <username>@gmail.com with no luck. Any ideas?

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Hey, I am running the latest version on the marketplace on my HTC Titan. When I try to login, it just stays on the login page saying "logging in". I have tried this for both <username> and <username>@gmail.com with no luck. Any ideas?

Yeah the current version is bugged out due to one line google changed. I was hoping for my update to at least be out by today but we all know how long the certification process takes. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Whenever The dev team is done testing, the new version will be on the marketplace

g00p

Feb 27, 2012
Yeah the current version is bugged out due to one line google changed. I was hoping for my update to at least be out by today but we all know how long the certification process takes. Sorry for the inconvenience everyone. Whenever The dev team is done testing, the new version will be on the marketplace

Any update on ETA or what the normal turn around time for this is? I'm looking forward to trying this app.

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Any update on ETA or what the normal turn around time for this is? I'm looking forward to trying this app.

Well thanks to SOMEHOW the ID_CAP_MEDIALIB being taken out of the marketplace compiled package, The update fixes the login problem, but presents a problem which prevents songs from playing. I've put a "fix" in the package and resubmitted it since it takes 2-3 days to get a reply back from support. So we're looking at yet another week.

SORRY EVERYONE FOR THIS SETBACK

CloudMuzik will now remain free for its entire lifecycle because I'm tired of having the users and me pissed off when it takes so long to get a fix pushed out. WP8 and Windows 8 versions WILL be coming .

Reactions: g00p

g00p

Feb 27, 2012
Well thanks to SOMEHOW the ID_CAP_MEDIALIB being taken out of the marketplace compiled package, The update fixes the login problem, but presents a problem which prevents songs from playing. I've put a "fix" in the package and resubmitted it since it takes 2-3 days to get a reply back from support. So we're looking at yet another week.

SORRY EVERYONE FOR THIS SETBACK

CloudMuzik will now remain free for its entire lifecycle because I'm tired of having the users and me pissed off when it takes so long to get a fix pushed out. WP8 and Windows 8 versions WILL be coming .

You rock. I guess it is one major negative of relying on another service and trying to build an app to access it when it should be already provided by the company itself. Hard to hold you in the wrong when Google changes something, its not like they ask you first. :)

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
All,
The v1.2.1 update is out that fixes playback. It works =). I ended up breaking the background artist pictures during my troubleshooting, but that will be fixed on the next update

I downloaded the app from the market yesterday and just got the update today. I have yet to get the app to work. Everytime I press login, it says "Logging in...." then goes to "Loading Library...." and I immediately get an error screen that says -
" Error
An error has occurred that has caused the app to crash,
Press OK to send an e-mail to support or press cancel to exit otherwise"

Any idea how to fix this?

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
I downloaded the app from the market yesterday and just got the update today. I have yet to get the app to work. Everytime I press login, it says "Logging in...." then goes to "Loading Library...." and I immediately get an error screen that says -
" Error
An error has occurred that has caused the app to crash,
Press OK to send an e-mail to support or press cancel to exit otherwise"

Any idea how to fix this?

Try uninstalling/reinstalling the app if you haven't already.

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
TO EVERYONE WHO UPGRADED TO A WP8 DEVICE

Microsoft informed me that when they ported CloudMuzik to work with WP8, it crashes. They've provided me a fix to add into the Manifest xml file (I don't know why they couldn't do it themselves.. blah blah). I had to re-submit it, but this gave me time to provide a few fixes.

* The login cookie for Google gets refreshed everytime you open the app to prevent songs from not playing any more after a few weeks [BIG FIX]
* Re made logic for grabbing the song library. This should help others who are having issues with getting their complete libraries on their phones
* Added a song count to the Settings page that displays the local library song count. This will be good information for those wanting to see if everything is on their phone or not

Again, sorry for this delay. I was given the impression that this app wouldn't appear in the marketplace until I fixed the issues, I was wrong.

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
All,

Microsoft's port of the WP7 to WP8 still fails even with the suggestion they gave me. The good thing about this is that it forced me to finish the WP8 version. I've submitted this version last week and hope to see it on the marketplace before the week ends. I've tested it thorougly on my Lumia 920 with 19,745 songs and it works EVEN FASTER than the WP7 version. Once the new version comes out, please remember to post any bugs (I'm sure some will appear) and rate the app.

Thanks!

Ashex1

Feb 2, 2010
Any word on when the new update will hit phones? None of the other google music apps work and are pretty much dead apps :(

snickler

Aug 17, 2010
Dub V
www.sinclairinat0r.com
Any word on when the new update will hit phones? None of the other google music apps work and are pretty much dead apps :(

I'm waiting for the App Hub on this. I've submitted my pure WP8 version and it was "published" 12/6, but due to an "error on the back end system", it's not appearing in the Store. The crappy part is that I am almost done with the update to that update. Whenever I FINALLY hear back from the App Hub support tech, I'll know what is going on. I think what I'm going to do is just make another app and name it CloudMuzik8 (which will also be the name of the WinRT/Win8 version that will be coming out at some point ;)) and then see if I can set the 7.5 version to show only on the WP7 Market. I'll see if this is possible and if it is then that will be the road I take for this. .

More updates to come soon.

Reactions: Ashex1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello everyone,

CloudMuzik.

EDIT: 6/21/2013

Hard to believe it's been over a year since I've put this app out into the marketplace. NOW... I present to you.. v1.5! Those of you still using the app should have received an update, if not.. Go to the marketplace and grab it!

EDIT: 6/3/2012

CloudMuzik v1.2 is in the Marketplace. As of today it will still be propogating, but by the next day it should fully be out so look for the update notification.

EDIT: 4/13/2012

After running into some issues with pushing the update, it's finally here! For those who have the crashing first version, go to the Marketplace and update manually if you haven't received the update Notification

EDIT: 3/17/12

FINALLY we're in the Marketplace. I want to thank everyone who has contributed to testing this application. It's come a long way since the initial beta.

CloudMuzik

EDIT: 12/21/11

The slots are now closed so that I can focus on fixing things and preparation. Thanks for testing!

EDIT: 12/13/11

More private slots have opened up. Feel free to PM!

EDIT: 12/5/11

Fixed the glitch I found which means the new beta build is coming VERY soon! Sorry it's taking a while.. I had to restructure my whole data structure to truly support 15000+ song libraries. Caching the library is a pain, but is needed. More updates coming soon.

I want to thank everyone who has supported this project again. I will do my best not to let you guys down!

[/CODE]
    CloudMuzik is a Google Music player made to work specifically for WP7 phones. I got tired of trying to listen to Google Music through the browser since the interface is ugly and it doesn't know how to switch to different tracks while locked.

I want to give a big thanks to Marvin_S and sensboston

If it wasn't for them, I would be adding unnecessary complexity :).

Thanks,

Marvin_S and Snickler

PS: Check out our MetroBrowser Beta - Browser with FLV Support
    good work so far, but will it appear in marketplace or do i have to jailbreak my omnia 7?

It will be homebrew for the beta and will hut the marketplace when everything is all completed

Good job, i love google music and love to use it on the htc radar cause of its superb sound quality. But there are some major issues wich prevent me to use it regularly:

i know there is a limit of 1000 songs, but why are they chosen randomly? i have more than 4000, but would like to choose which artists are visible in the app. Like it is now, you can't be sure to have access to your favourite artists.

good to read graphics will be improved. but right now, layout is wasting a lot of space, especially on top and on bottom of the screen.

when i connect to google music the first time i have to hit play on a couple of songs before i can hear anything. later on everything works flawlessly.

i'm really looking forward for final release. when next beta is available i'll publish an article and i will try to record pc screen to show the app in running in an emulator.

Yeah those are a few issues ive been working out in terms of initial playback and such. As for the random assortment of songs, that's due to the way google stores the data on the music. I've only limited the music for the sake pf beta testing. The full paid release (which i will only make 99cents) will feature all songs, support for playlists, and song caching. I will also release a free version with limited functionality. With that sad, i am working hard to make this a great experience. I actually used the app in my car on the way home with the new build i am almost finished with and the playback was smooth. =).

Hello everyone,

Coming 10/28/11 is the beta of CloudMuzik.

CloudMuzik is a Google Music player made to work specifically for WP7 phones. I got tired of trying to listen to Google Music through the browser since the interface is ugly and it doesn't know how to switch to different tracks while locked.

Features for CloudMuzik Beta

• Max 1000 songs
    • Search for individual song, artist or album
    • Album Art accompanied with song if it exists
    • Seeking through songs
    • Shuffling (Everyday I'm shuffling xD)
    • Background Music aware

There also MAY be future functionality to stream music from other sources, but that can't be guaranteed.

With this said, my good friend Marvin_S will be handling the music playing interface in the end. The first beta interface will not be the final one.

I want to give a big thanks to Marvin_S and sensboston
    If it wasn't for them, I would be adding unnecessary complexity :).

NOTE:

I will edit this post to indicate when the beta is ready. It will be on a per request basis as we will need time to work out issues that may arise and prepare for the Marketplace.

Thanks,

Marvin_S and Snickler

PS: Check out our MetroBrowser Beta - Browser with FLV Support

Thats great! its the only app i miss on my titan, i have my entire music library on there.
    I'm waiting for the App Hub on this. I've submitted my pure WP8 version and it was "published" 12/6, but due to an "error on the back end system", it's not appearing in the Store. The crappy part is that I am almost done with the update to that update. Whenever I FINALLY hear back from the App Hub support tech, I'll know what is going on. I think what I'm going to do is just make another app and name it CloudMuzik8 (which will also be the name of the WinRT/Win8 version that will be coming out at some point ;)) and then see if I can set the 7.5 version to show only on the WP7 Market. I'll see if this is possible and if it is then that will be the road I take for this. .

More updates to come soon.

UPDATE: The App Hub's "workaround" is out and 1.2.1.3 exists in the marketplace. The only thing though is that something screwed up (could've been an error on my part) and it's only set to work with WVGA screens (Lumia 820/822 is the only WP8 model out right now that fits that). I have gone through and made sure that everything is set for all phones to work with 1.2.1.4 (which has been submitted).

More updates coming *_*