Galaxy Note 8 - That's just too damn BIG!

Search This thread

dkb218

Apr 16, 2006
Bronx by way of Brooklyn
I thought this would be more of a tablet designed device but its just a HUGE SG3 and I mean HUGE!

tab4_b_7733.jpg

http://www.androidcentral.com/galaxy-note-80-appears-spy-shots-has-traditional-button-setup

Lordjish

Jan 1, 2011
Gardner, KS
I think the Note 8 inch is more like the Note 10.1 - meaning it's not designed for telephony use. Probably Sammy's intended response to Apple's new offering.

Reactions: boodies

Supermighty

Oct 11, 2007
One of the other shots shows clearly that it has, what looks like, a speaker at the top. Just like a phone. Which doesn't surprise me as much as that there is also a huge bezel. I don't see how a phone call could be made on this.

Supermighty

Oct 11, 2007
Or does our phone look like a tablet??

mind BLOWN!!

But really where do we draw the line? Why can't larger sized tablets with cell modems also have the ability to make a phone call. I probably wouldn't use it, but it should be there. I gues there shouldn't be a difference between a tablet and phone. Just Android devices with cell modems that come in different sizes.

Hgaara

Apr 13, 2009
Shame about the screen resolution. Samsung are becoming pioneers in innovation yet the screen resolution is still low. Either way, I'm going to end up buying it.

Sent from my SGH-T889

dkb218

Apr 16, 2006
Bronx by way of Brooklyn
mind BLOWN!!

But really where do we draw the line? Why can't larger sized tablets with cell modems also have the ability to make a phone call. I probably wouldn't use it, but it should be there. I gues there shouldn't be a difference between a tablet and phone. Just Android devices with cell modems that come in different sizes.

Yes, there's also an earpiece up top for making calls, as we saw in yesterday's shots. But that's nothing new -- 7-inch Samsung tablets have been doing that since the original 2010 Galaxy Tab.

note80compressed.jpg

http://www.androidcentral.com/fresh-galaxy-note-80-photos-emerge-showing-s-pen-software

ddaharu

Mar 30, 2011
OnePlus 8T
PPI

Realistically speaking....it is a phablet and not a phone...soooo why is people saying that it's too big? :confused: the only problems I hav with the device is 1. the camera should have been 8mp. 2. the design should have been a little more innovative instead of looking like a bigger note -__- and 3. What is up with the pixel density? 189? fuh real? At least 260....Anyway besides all those disadvantages I think It's super awesome and one of the best tablets yet....look past the faults and you'll fall in love *_*

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ......but it really looks like a phone.

mind BLOWN!!

I think the Note 8 inch is more like the Note 10.1 - meaning it's not designed for telephony use. Probably Sammy's intended response to Apple's new offering.
    I think the Note 8 is a bit large to be used as a phone.

For me the largest possible size would be one that still fits comfortably in my pocket and is always with me.

My Nexus 7 is too large to fit comfortably in my pocket. Thus it's in my bag all the time. Now the Note 2 seems really small to me these days. I can imagine that a 6.5" would be the sweet spot for me. Maybe a 7" if it had no bezel.

samsung-galaxy-note-8-10.jpg