Android 4.2.2
HTC Sense 5.5
Software number NuSenseONE-KitKat-m7vzw_RD.1.0_4.19.631.9
HTC ASK ALI level 5.68
Kernel Version 3.4.10-NUM3rn3l- kk-S55

Phone doesn't connect to moblie data .
Xposed installer not working
SuperSU binary not installed?

I just need my phone back to normal I'll figure out this SU and root thing later. Factory reset doesn't do anything. Screen says I'm running a developer version of the OS

Help thanks

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
Android 4.2.2
HTC Sense 5.5
HTC ASK ALI level 5.68

Phone doesn't connect to moblie data .
Xposed installer not working
SuperSU binary not installed?

I just need my phone back to normal I'll figure out this SU and root thing later. Factory reset doesn't do anything. Screen says I'm running a developer version of the OS

Help thanks

did you make a backup of your stock rom or the rom you had before you flashed the one you are currently having problems with?

Jamesdbritt

Feb 26, 2014
Sanford, NC
some updates.. I've been working on it.

Android 4.2.2
HTC Sense 5.5
HTC ASK ALI level 5.68

???Phone doesn't connect to moblie data ???

Installed HTC Sync Manager to PC

on Device
Went into boot menu and went to recovery TWRP reinstalled SuperSU and Xposed installer

what is a ROM ? what do I do with the SDK bundle?

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
some updates.. I've been working on it.

Android 4.2.2
HTC Sense 5.5
HTC ASK ALI level 5.68

???Phone doesn't connect to moblie data ???

Installed HTC Sync Manager to PC

on Device
Went into boot menu and went to recovery TWRP reinstalled SuperSU and Xposed installer

what is a ROM ? what do I do with the SDK bundle?
a rom is a modified software of android from a developer that you can install on your phone through a recovery, it's good that you can boot into recovery but, I'm not completely sure what's going on, the rom that is currently on your device could have a problem and not able to connect to mobile data. you could download a different rom and flash it onto your phone and see if that fixes it, there are plenty of amazing ones to choose from on this forum http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one/development even though you have the mobile data problem on your current rom i would still make a backup of your current rom to go back to incase anything happens when (if) you flash a different one

Jamesdbritt

Feb 26, 2014
Sanford, NC
a rom is a modified software of android from a developer that you can install on your phone through a recovery, it's good that you can boot into recovery but, I'm not completely sure what's going on, the rom that is currently on your device could have a problem and not able to connect to mobile data. you could download a different rom and flash it onto your phone and see if that fixes it, there are plenty of amazing ones to choose from on this forum http://xdaforums.com/verizon-htc-one/development even though you have the mobile data problem on your current rom i would still make a backup of your current rom to go back to incase anything happens when (if) you flash a different one

I am not sure how to flash roms is there a guide?

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
I am not sure how to flash roms is there a guide?

there are many videos online but its pretty easy, find a rom and gapps (if its included with the rom) then download those two to your sd card( make sure they are in .zip format) once downloaded boot into twrp and choose the backup icon and swipe to backup. when that's done you will press the wipe icon and perform a factory reset(you lose all data so make sure you have contacts synced to google) when its done wiping your data go back and install zip and locate the downloaded rom and choose that then if you downloaded the gapps(google apps) choose add more zips near the bottom and find that .zip. when you have everything you will then swipe to flash. when its done tap reboot and it will load your new rom.

Jamesdbritt

Feb 26, 2014
Sanford, NC
there are many videos online but its pretty easy, find a rom and gapps (if its included with the rom) then download those two to your sd card( make sure they are in .zip format) once downloaded boot into twrp and choose the backup icon and swipe to backup. when that's done you will press the wipe icon and perform a factory reset(you lose all data so make sure you have contacts synced to google) when its done wiping your data go back and install zip and locate the downloaded rom and choose that then if you downloaded the gapps(google apps) choose add more zips near the bottom and find that .zip. when you have everything you will then swipe to flash. when its done tap reboot and it will load your new rom.

ok I am going to try ViperOne 5.0.0 | 4.19.401.8

ok so why backup the settings if they aren't working now?

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal

Maybe this will save you some time.
Maybe not....
Did you put a working active Sim card of your own into the phone?
That ROM that's on the phone currently, works just fine for verizon cell and data services.
You're welcome to change the ROM to whatever one you want.
Just trying to help you find the actual root of your problem.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Crawshayi

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
Sounds like you're new to the world of modding which is perfectly fine because we all had to start somewhere. You want to familiarize yourself with the basics before you get too far over your head though. Here's a basic terminology guide that will help you right now: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/05/the-dummys-guide-to-android-rooting-everything-you-need-to-know/

I don't know what the person before you did, but as santod has explained NuSense has perfectly working data. I'm using it now and have never had issue. It's my personal favorite rom, but there are many out there right now you should be trying out for yourself and forming your own conclusions. Almost everyone will have a different opinion on the "best rom" which is why it's a question you'll see avoided around here. Personally, I would start on a "stock" rom like the one offered here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2485319. That thread also includes very important instructions on how to update your firmware (for better radio performance among other things). Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions before doing something you're not sure of.

Reactions: Jamesdbritt

Jamesdbritt

Feb 26, 2014
Sanford, NC
No operating system

accidently wiped everything clean the PC cannot recognize the device says I need a driver. I still have twrp but the backup was wiped on accident what do I do to fix it?

Crawshayi

May 7, 2012
I think you'll have to push a rom from your computer to the phone using ADB and then flash it in recovery. I've never had to do that so hopefully someone can chime in with more details.

joeymagnus1

Dec 20, 2011
Newport, NC
You need the adb debugging tools installed on your computer. Plus HTC drivers. Once you have those installed, you can try flashing a RUU. Here's 4.2.2 RUU http://www.htc1guru.com/2013/11/verizon-ruu-zip-1-10-605-10-posted/ . This tells you how to setup adb http://www.howtogeek.com/125769/how-to-install-and-use-abd-the-android-debug-bridge-utility/ . To flash the RUU, place the RUU in the same folder as your adb tools, and rename it RUU.zip. In the command prompt type, fastboot oem rebootRUU , then hit enter. Then type, fastboot flash zip RUU.zip ,then hit enter. Afterit finishes you'll have to type fastboot flash zip RUU.zip one more time . Then after about ten minutes it will finish and you'll type fastboot reboot-hboot. Then restart phone.

Jamesdbritt

Feb 26, 2014
Sanford, NC
You need the adb debugging tools installed on your computer. Plus HTC drivers. Once you have those installed, you can try flashing a RUU. Here's 4.2.2 RUU http://www.htc1guru.com/2013/11/verizon-ruu-zip-1-10-605-10-posted/ . This tells you how to setup adb http://www.howtogeek.com/125769/how-to-install-and-use-abd-the-android-debug-bridge-utility/ . To flash the RUU, place the RUU in the same folder as your adb tools, and rename it RUU.zip. In the command prompt type, fastboot oem rebootRUU , then hit enter. Then type, fastboot flash zip RUU.zip ,then hit enter. Afterit finishes you'll have to type fastboot flash zip RUU.zip one more time . Then after about ten minutes it will finish and you'll type fastboot reboot-hboot. Then restart phone.

the howtogeek site will not come up it crashes IE everytime

bigjohn6582

May 2, 2011
Read there are plenty of things on the net that will help you with your problems.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Maybe this will save you some time.
    Maybe not....
    Did you put a working active Sim card of your own into the phone?
    That ROM that's on the phone currently, works just fine for verizon cell and data services.
    You're welcome to change the ROM to whatever one you want.
    Just trying to help you find the actual root of your problem.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk
    Sounds like you're new to the world of modding which is perfectly fine because we all had to start somewhere. You want to familiarize yourself with the basics before you get too far over your head though. Here's a basic terminology guide that will help you right now: http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/05/the-dummys-guide-to-android-rooting-everything-you-need-to-know/

I don't know what the person before you did, but as santod has explained NuSense has perfectly working data. I'm using it now and have never had issue. It's my personal favorite rom, but there are many out there right now you should be trying out for yourself and forming your own conclusions. Almost everyone will have a different opinion on the "best rom" which is why it's a question you'll see avoided around here. Personally, I would start on a "stock" rom like the one offered here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2485319. That thread also includes very important instructions on how to update your firmware (for better radio performance among other things). Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions before doing something you're not sure of.