[Guide] How To Make JB Themes | 4.1 - 4.2 Themes | Need Root For Installing

Search This thread

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com

Review-1.jpg

Hello there ! , This is my first guide after School exams :) , This is NOT 4.3 Themes ! , this is 4.1 - 4.2 themes , like Silk Theme .. etc .​

What You Need :
  • A Brain .
  • Computer .
  • Need to know how to use APKTOOL , Guide Press Me .
  • Notepad++ , Press Me .
  • Sample , Press Me | Color Chaning FiXed , New Sample Uploaded .

Information :
  • You need 4.1 or 4.2 to be able to install .
  • You need to be rooted , after making the theme , move to system/app with the correct permissions .
  • Theme is going to Change : Accent Color , Lockscreen Wallpaper , Phone Wallpaper , Settings Wallpaper , Phone - Messages App Wallpaper .

Steps :

Download Sample , install your Stock ROM framework-res.apk + SemcGenericUxpRes.apk , Decompile it in Apktool folder .

1.jpg

ـــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــــ

Open AndroidMainFest.xml And Apktool.yml With "Notepad++" and edit "sonyericsson.ac" to your desired Package name , Example " sonyericsson.test" .

2.jpg

4.jpg

Reopen Them , Edit android:minSdkVersion="16" to android:targetSdkVersion="17" in AndroidMainFest.xml , And Edit targetSdkVersion: '16' to targetSdkVersion: '17' in Apktool.yml .

11.jpg

22.jpg

Now , Go to smali\com\sonyericsson edit folder name "ac" to the name you have put after "package="com.sonyericsson" , Example in the photo .

33.jpg

After That , Enter the folder you named , open all Smali files with Notpad++ , And edit these "Lcom/sonyericsson/ac" to the folder name , example in the photo .

55.jpg

When you are finished | Edit the photos with PS Or any Photo Editor | go to "res\drawable-xhdpi" , Edit semc_bg_tile with your desired photo , and the photo mustn’t be White ! , And edit "semc_bg_bright_tile" also , And it mustn’t be Black ! , Edit "semc_theme_wallpaper" with your desired Wallpaper , Edit "semc_theme_lockscreen_wallpaper" with your Desired Lockscreen photo , And at last edit this "semc_theme_preview" with your desired preview image ( you can put lockscreen photo and wallpaper photo together ) .

-عنوان.jpg

Now , Go to res/values , And open Strings.xml , And edit between " > < " the one with black color , with your desired name .

-عنوان.jpg

When you are finished , Open Colors.xml , edit hex code , after these " somc_theme_accent_color_light " and "somc_theme_accent_color_dark" , to your desired Accent color .
And edit the hex code after this " "semc_theme_illumination_color" to your desired illumination color .
Color , Hex Codes can be found here " www.color-hex.com " , or you can get them via decompiling the Stock themes .

.jpg

Now , You are finished :) ! , Compile the APK , Sign it , Move it to System/App with rw-r-r permission .

11111.jpg

Arabian ? Here’s the guide for making Xperia Themes :) . From our official Channel , Plus we are proud to be the first who post this guide :) .

Made a theme ? Post it via replay :) .

Last edited:

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Yo abo hani, are you sure you didnt get this from a chinese forum? I saw a guide like this in a chinese forum a while ago

Sent from my C5306 using XDA Free mobile app

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
Link pls :)

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Im in canada atm, the site only works in asia, and dont got the exact link sorry

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Apk.tw is the site
Seems to be working but i cant find the post sadly :-/

abo hani

Jan 30, 2013
St. Wendel
syriantc.com
@abo hani
Thanks for your best guide.
Bro can i make themes with this guide for 4.3 jb?

There are a lot of 4.3 Theming guides in XDA Cross-Device thread ..

But the best way to make 4.3 themes is This

Thanks for Hard Work
شكرا يا ابن بلادي :)
sorry for getting out the rules and say some Arabic words :)

No problem mate :) , شكراً لك :)

Great job!! Congrats...
And you have made the news!!

Yo abo hani, are you sure you didnt get this from a chinese forum? I saw a guide like this in a chinese forum a while ago

No mate , i got it by my self , i have decompiled stock themes and found the way :)

And my only Developing website / forum , is XDA :cool:

Sahaab

May 14, 2013
London ON
mashaAllah o_O :D Arabian ? :p :D

No problem mate :cowboy:

Well its a word any Muslim would know so not exactly Arabian but since it is a Arabian word, hence sure :D i ain't Arab tho ;)

P.s well this is getting off topic so keep up the hard work and would love to see more guides from you, guides are the best IMO ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Review-1.jpg

Hello there ! , This is my first guide after School exams :) , This is NOT 4.3 Themes ! , this is 4.1 - 4.2 themes , like Silk Theme .. etc .​

What You Need :
    • A Brain .
    • Computer .
    • Need to know how to use APKTOOL , Guide Press Me .
    • Notepad++ , Press Me .
    • Sample , Press Me | Color Chaning FiXed , New Sample Uploaded .

Information :
    • You need 4.1 or 4.2 to be able to install .
    • You need to be rooted , after making the theme , move to system/app with the correct permissions .
    • Theme is going to Change : Accent Color , Lockscreen Wallpaper , Phone Wallpaper , Settings Wallpaper , Phone - Messages App Wallpaper .

Steps :

Download Sample , install your Stock ROM framework-res.apk + SemcGenericUxpRes.apk , Decompile it in Apktool folder .

1.jpg

Open AndroidMainFest.xml And Apktool.yml With "Notepad++" and edit "sonyericsson.ac" to your desired Package name , Example " sonyericsson.test" .

2.jpg

4.jpg

Reopen Them , Edit android:minSdkVersion="16" to android:targetSdkVersion="17" in AndroidMainFest.xml , And Edit targetSdkVersion: '16' to targetSdkVersion: '17' in Apktool.yml .

11.jpg

22.jpg

Now , Go to smali\com\sonyericsson edit folder name "ac" to the name you have put after "package="com.sonyericsson" , Example in the photo .

33.jpg

After That , Enter the folder you named , open all Smali files with Notpad++ , And edit these "Lcom/sonyericsson/ac" to the folder name , example in the photo .

55.jpg

When you are finished | Edit the photos with PS Or any Photo Editor | go to "res\drawable-xhdpi" , Edit semc_bg_tile with your desired photo , and the photo mustn’t be White ! , And edit "semc_bg_bright_tile" also , And it mustn’t be Black ! , Edit "semc_theme_wallpaper" with your desired Wallpaper , Edit "semc_theme_lockscreen_wallpaper" with your Desired Lockscreen photo , And at last edit this "semc_theme_preview" with your desired preview image ( you can put lockscreen photo and wallpaper photo together ) .

-عنوان.jpg

Now , Go to res/values , And open Strings.xml , And edit between " > < " the one with black color , with your desired name .

-عنوان.jpg

When you are finished , Open Colors.xml , edit hex code , after these " somc_theme_accent_color_light " and "somc_theme_accent_color_dark" , to your desired Accent color .
    And edit the hex code after this " "semc_theme_illumination_color" to your desired illumination color .
    Color , Hex Codes can be found here " www.color-hex.com " , or you can get them via decompiling the Stock themes .

.jpg

Now , You are finished :) ! , Compile the APK , Sign it , Move it to System/App with rw-r-r permission .

11111.jpg

Arabian ? Here’s the guide for making Xperia Themes :) . From our official Channel , Plus we are proud to be the first who post this guide :) .

Made a theme ? Post it via replay :) .
    Reserved For extra guides .