Help: G3 doesn't power on - Only blue/green notification light blinks :(

Search This thread

ashkaboos

Jun 25, 2010
The G3 just dropped down on the floor with the circle case. Then It was working some minutes apparently with no problem, until I myself turn the phone off and restart it. Then the device just didn't turn on. The only thing is that the screen is black and the led notification blinking green and blue :(
when i connect the charger, the red led blinks once and then disappears, then after 30 seconds the red led appears which apparently shows that the phone is charging the battery. Also When I connect the phone to the PC, a sound of connection is heard from PC but the PC doesn't complete the device recognition process as no new device is found.
I tried to make a hard reset, but nothing happens when I press the power and volume down keys. Tried some other tricks with the battery and the hard keys on the phone but no result at all, as the same story just repeats. Does anybody have a solution for the problem? This devise is the only android device I have :(

Last edited:

Neorpowa

Aug 7, 2014
Eindhoven
The G3 just dropped down on the floor with the circle case. Then It was working some minutes apparently with no problem, until I myself turn the phone off and restart it. Then the device just didn't turn on. The only thing is that the screen is black and the led notification blinking green and blue :(
when i connect the charger, the red led blinks once and then disappears, then after 30 seconds the red led appears which apparently shows that the phone is charging the battery. Also When I connect the phone to the PC, a sound of connection is heard from PC but the PC doesn't complete the device recognition process as no new device is found.
I tried to make a hard reset, but nothing happens when I press the power and volume down keys. Tried some other tricks with the battery and the hard keys on the phone but no result at all, as the same story just repeats. Does anybody have a solution for the problem? This devise is the only android device I have :(

Did you do anything else after/during the time that the phone was off? And is there no possibility that you cracked the LCD digitizer? I mean it might sound strange but this is what I had with my old phone. I dropped it, nothing serious but then I put it in my pocket and upon taking it out I noticed the screen not turning on. As stated above, my digitizer was broken and multiple people told me that the digitizer had a small crack which I didn't notice, then when I put it in my pocket I put too much pressure on the digitizer cracking it. The LED-light did work though, and this sounds very similar so my advise going to the store and asking wether they know what the problem might be.
(Hopefully this was helpfull hehe)

Reactions: ashkaboos

Tweakecho

Jul 30, 2007
Jacksonville
Please Help :crying:

If you Don't see the LG splash screen when pressing the power button it seems like a screen or digitizer problem for sure.

BUT;

after you try turning it "on" let it sit a few minutes and see if you can call your self or send a text to see if it makes noise vibrates etc. to confirm a screen problem.

OR

Also you can try putting it into download mode.
Battery pull (don't turn on)
plug USB into phone but not computer
Hold volume down AND then plug usb into computer

if this comes up to a pic of something on the phone it will be software related. to get out of this mode you can do a battery pull.

Remember to always read up on topics and things you are doing. There are guides here on XDA to help you out.

Hope you get your phone working :(

ashkaboos

Jun 25, 2010
Did you do anything else after/during the time that the phone was off? And is there no possibility that you cracked the LCD digitizer? I mean it might sound strange but this is what I had with my old phone. I dropped it, nothing serious but then I put it in my pocket and upon taking it out I noticed the screen not turning on. As stated above, my digitizer was broken and multiple people told me that the digitizer had a small crack which I didn't notice, then when I put it in my pocket I put too much pressure on the digitizer cracking it. The LED-light did work though, and this sounds very similar so my advise going to the store and asking wether they know what the problem might be.

I didn't do anything special after/during the time the phone was off. I checked the screen very carefully under a lamp. No particular sign of crack. Thank you very much for sharing ur experience.:good:

ashkaboos

Jun 25, 2010
If you Don't see the LG splash screen when pressing the power button it seems like a screen or digitizer problem for sure.

BUT;

after you try turning it "on" let it sit a few minutes and see if you can call your self or send a text to see if it makes noise vibrates etc. to confirm a screen problem.

OR

if this comes up to a pic of something on the phone it will be software related. to get out of this mode you can do a battery pull.

Remember to always read up on topics and things you are doing. There are guides here on XDA to help you out.

I tried to put it into download mode, but no result at all as no connection could also be made between the phone and PC. Moreover, I tried to make a text/call, but nothing is received by the phone. Thank you very much for ur suggestions.

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
I tried to put it into download mode, but no result at all as no connection could also be made between the phone and PC. Moreover, I tried to make a text/call, but nothing is received by the phone. Thank you very much for ur suggestions.

Seems like the drop damaged the memory and the phone can't reload it, you will have to bring it in

ashkaboos

Jun 25, 2010
Yeah... Probably it's a hardware problem. Someone who checked the phone in order to fix it, said that the problem had been with the device board. Even though I was satisfied with the phone, I have found out that the G3 is a sensitive device, as the height of the table from which it dropped down wasn't too much. So always take care of your G3 phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please Help :crying:

BUT;

OR

Seems like the drop damaged the memory and the phone can't reload it, you will have to bring it in

Yeah that's plausible ! I'd bring it in too

Hope you fix your phone fast :)