New Windows Mobile Bing App! Updated 04/14/2010 Cab Inside.

Search This thread

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
New Windows mobile Bing app is here!
No clear changlog is out yet.

"It's almost difficult to say how many Windows Phone owners prefer to use Microsoft's own Bing app as opposed to Google's. Luckily for those users who happily rely on using the Bing app, there is an update that brings the app to version 5.1.2010. It's unfortunate that Verizon Windows Phone owners can't get in on this update – that's because it only is available to Windows Phones on AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. It's not to say that it's a bad thing for those Verizon owners because it looks to be only a maintenance update and doesn't really offer anything exciting..........."

source: Twitter via WMExperts

I uploaded the Cab here so everyone can download...even us Verizon users that got left out :)
This cab is for Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Bing.CAB
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,109

sutt359

Oct 23, 2006
In WP Land
If its any help this is version

Bing Mobile 5.1.2010.3290

Previous was

Its alot quicker than the previous version and they have moved the menus to the bottom. I cant see much change.

bobzero

Oct 4, 2008
I still prefer the old Bing/Live Search layout and configuration.

Movie times used to be so easy to browse, with the new style it does a bing search instead of getting the data from a provider. I think MS decided to cheap out. It's now basically useless in my books.

acidbath5546

Feb 17, 2009
If its any help this is version

Bing Mobile 5.1.2010.3290

Previous was

Its alot quicker than the previous version and they have moved the menus to the bottom. I cant see much change.

Thanks.

I still prefer the old Bing/Live Search layout and configuration.

Movie times used to be so easy to browse, with the new style it does a bing search instead of getting the data from a provider. I think MS decided to cheap out. It's now basically useless in my books.

Yeah me as well...
If they could combine the Style/look of the new with the functionality of the older one...they would have a winner :)

segadc

Jan 14, 2007
Thanks! I didn't even know this was the new Bing app. Never tried it before since the cabs I tried a while ago never worked. Too bad we can't have both Bing apps...

Phenomenon

Nov 28, 2007
Using it on my Tmobile HD2 with Energy Rom. Working fine. I was using the previous version too and can't tell if there's any change. Wish it had a functional version of voice SMS like Microsoft TellMe.

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
New Windows mobile Bing app is here!
No clear changlog is out yet.

"It's almost difficult to say how many Windows Phone owners prefer to use Microsoft's own Bing app as opposed to Google's. Luckily for those users who happily rely on using the Bing app, there is an update that brings the app to version 5.1.2010. It's unfortunate that Verizon Windows Phone owners can't get in on this update – that's because it only is available to Windows Phones on AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile. It's not to say that it's a bad thing for those Verizon owners because it looks to be only a maintenance update and doesn't really offer anything exciting..........."

source: Twitter via WMExperts

I uploaded the Cab here so everyone can download...even us Verizon users that got left out :)
This cab is for Windows Mobile 6.1 or 6.5.

Cheers!

Here's a newer update Cab for all of you.

They have updated the lay out a bit again.

Attachments

• Bing.CAB
    2.5 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:

Sean D.

Nov 5, 2007
Hayward
WM6

I doubt it'll work, but does anyone else here have the guts to try this out on a Kaiser to see if it works or not..??

:confused:

O.a.T.

Jul 12, 2009
I doubt it'll work, but does anyone else here have the guts to try this out on a Kaiser to see if it works or not..??

:confused:

Downloaded the latest directly from MS and installed on my Diamond/CDMA and it seems to be working fine. The one I used is a bit larger than the one a few posts up, so I've attached it for convenience.

Attachments

• Bing.CAB
    2.6 MB · Views: 54

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
I tested it on 6.1, but don't see why i won't work upwards, maybe the two are different versions indeed for different OS.
Mine worked on VGA TouchPro WM 6.1

msyang20

Sep 5, 2008
i cant save 'gps tracking.' it remains unchecked everytime i check the settings. therefore gps is unable to locate me. this pop up always shows everytime i attempt to locate my position, "allow bing to access and store your location to improve searching and for navigation?" it doesnt matter if i chose ok or cancel because there are no change in results regardless. google maps is working fine for me so im sure its not a gps issue from my phone.