[Updated September 26, 2008] GC Arcsoft MMS 5.0.70.24

Search This thread

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
UPDATED: SEPTEMBER 26, 2008

September 26, 2008, 8:23 PM EST

Alltel Beta 6 is up.

Please post your results for both sending and receiving.

GC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 26, 2008, 6:52 PM EST

Alltel Beta 5 is up. I'm just going to be making 1 change at a time for each beta from this point forward so I can tell exactly what the issue is. Sorry for all the uninstalling/reinstalling, but it is necessary to properly test.

GC

September 26, 2008, 5:32 PM EST

Alltel Beta 4 is up.

GC

September 26, 2008, 4:19 PM EST

Alltel Beta 3 and USCC Beta 1 are up, so please test them out and post results for both sending and receiving.

I've made a very minor change in the VZW Arcsoft setup dll and have re-uploaded the new one.

GC

September 25, 2008,

Alltel Beta 2 is up.

GC

Last edited:

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
September 24, 2008,

Ok Alltel users, you ready for some testing? I've posted Beta 1 for download. If you already have an Arcsoft cab installed, uninstall it first. The setup dll is incorporated and should add a string value of "X-Alltel-MDN" with your MDN with a "1" appended to the front of it as data to HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader. I don't have Alltel so I haven't been able to test anything AT ALL except the setup dll, so I apologize if it doesn't work. Don't forget though, this is only Beta 1.

GC

-------------------------------------------------------

September 21, 2008,

Alright, I've updated the VZW 5.0.70.24 cab. The Alltel setup dll is still being worked on so please be patient. I'm also now working on a beta USCC Arcsoft cab, and if I get the proper information for Cricket, that's next.

I've fixed the following bugs (I think) in this latest cab:

- Date/Time issue some users reported
- Default connection now properly set to "Verizon Wireless" instead of "The Internet"
- Send limit options now properly displayed as 100K, 300K, and 399K instead of 0K, 0K, 399K, 0K, 0K.
- Default send limit of 399K now properly set upon install.

Last edited:

whbell

Dec 22, 2007
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
All worked for me as you have directed. I will actually test the MMS here and report back.

Update:
Both versions have installed and worked correctly for me. Thanks gc for making this easy for us.

Last edited:

760hacker

Nov 15, 2007
NOVA
I have MMS working on my phone with dcd VZW Arcsoft MMS 5[1].0.31.19 which GC i think you posted in another thread on here recently. It works fine for me. What is different between this one and the one i have?

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
I have MMS working on my phone with dcd VZW Arcsoft MMS 5[1].0.31.19 which GC i think you posted in another thread on here recently. It works fine for me. What is different between this one and the one i have?

I have coded a setup.dll in Embedded C++ which is included with Arcsoft for Verizon customers that gets rid of the need for Mortscript and a soft reset in order to retrieve the X-VzW-MDN key.

Testing of this would be greatly appreciated, as in the future we'd like a complete out of the box Arcsoft solution for all carriers. This is the first step.

rleejr79

Feb 13, 2008
We V
Everything worked and was in the registry as you said.

It did not send at first, then I looked at the servers in MMS. The sample server is gone now with the Verizon Server being the only and default.

Within that, I scrolled down and it said that "Connect Via: The Internet" I changed it back to Verizon Wireless and works like a charm. Sent a pic to myself, send and receive are now flawless. Great Job.

I am not sure if Conect via the internet was a fluke or not. Just thought I would let you know.

Zenoran

Feb 4, 2008
Ohio
I'm not sure what is supposed to be different about this one vs dcd's last cab release... but still no camera/attach integration working.

Ga. Medic

Dec 8, 2007
Is there any way to post the OEM that I can drop into a kitchen. I am going to redo my ROM and would like to include this.

760hacker

Nov 15, 2007
NOVA
I have coded a setup.dll in Embedded C++ which is included with Arcsoft for Verizon customers that gets rid of the need for Mortscript and a soft reset in order to retrieve the X-VzW-MDN key.

Testing of this would be greatly appreciated, as in the future we'd like a complete out of the box Arcsoft solution for all carriers. This is the first step.

sorry GC I don't understand what this means as its a little high level for myself. I would love to try it anf provide feedback but without knowing what i should be looking for I can't do much.

calash

Jan 30, 2008
Running latest radio and DCD kitchen rom.
Previous Version: DCD 5.0.31.19
Uninstalled and checked registry per instructions, then soft reset.
Ran cab, installed to Device.
X-VzW-MDN was set correctly.

I could not send a MMS at first, but I think it was because I had it hooked up to ActiveSync. I was just now able to send and receive a message with no problems.

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
Everything worked and was in the registry as you said.

It did not send at first, then I looked at the servers in MMS. The sample server is gone now with the Verizon Server being the only and default.

Within that, I scrolled down and it said that "Connect Via: The Internet" I changed it back to Verizon Wireless and works like a charm. Sent a pic to myself, send and receive are now flawless. Great Job.

I am not sure if Conect via the internet was a fluke or not. Just thought I would let you know.

Hmm I'll look into that. That doesn't happen when I install it.

I'm not sure what is supposed to be different about this one vs dcd's last cab release... but still no camera/attach integration working.

This is the exact same build of Arcsoft that was included in dcd's cab. Therefore there will be no fixes or included features. I think a lot of people are confused about the purpose of this. I'll explain at the end of my post.

Is there any way to post the OEM that I can drop into a kitchen. I am going to redo my ROM and would like to include this.

No. That is defeating the whole purpose behind this project. The Arcsoft OEM was purposly removed from the kitchen in order to develop an out of the box MMS solution for ALL carriers.

sorry GC I don't understand what this means as its a little high level for myself. I would love to try it anf provide feedback but without knowing what i should be looking for I can't do much.

The Arcsoft MMS package used to be included in the kitchen (along with carrier selection). dcd removed it because each carrier requires its own settings, whether it be an X-blah-MDN key in the registry, different server settings, etc.

For a while now, our goal has been to develop a setup.dll to be included with the cab install which will run a carrier check, then provision Arcsoft correctly for that carrier. It requires a lot of coding to interact with the registry.

dcd's Verizon MMS cab has the Verizon MMS server info hard coded into it (which is why it won't work for other carriers). The only downfall to his cab, was that it still had no way of including that one beloved registry key that we've all known to love...X-VzW-MDN, which is different for every user because it needs to be set to their own phone number. In order to circumvent the problem, dcd included Mortscript and a script that adds itself to \Windows\Startup so the next time you soft reset, the script runs and fetches your phone number from the registry to set the key and then deletes itself, hence why a soft reset is required when using his cab. This was only a temporary fix, and only worked for Verizon as the mortscript was hard coded as well.

As I said, this is the first step in this project with much more to come. This cab is stripped of Mortscript and the start up script, and includes version 1 of the setup.dll I mentioned. So far, it's only coded for Verizon. I've asked you guys to test it, just to make sure this part of it works. Later, I'll hopefully be able to add more code to make it work cross carrier and fetch the required information.

Hopefully this clears it up for people.

760hacker

Nov 15, 2007
NOVA
Hopefully this clears it up for people.

Thank you GC for your explanation! I think this should minimize plenty of questions/concerns you may have gotten. Also thank you for your continued interaction in the forums!

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
Haha I know I just posted this cab for testing, but in this short time, I've managed to stumble across a newer build of Arcsoft and I've edited it to include the setup.dll. So if anyone wants the new build, I've posted it in the first post.

jambrose

Dec 18, 2007
McMinnville
I cooked the program into my last ROM. Could I remove the registry string and then install you newer version to see if it picks it up? Would that be a good test?

azclown

Jan 19, 2008
I don't see why that won't work, give it a try... what was your previous version...?

jambrose

Dec 18, 2007
McMinnville
I don't see why that won't work, give it a try... what was your previous version...?

I was on ver: 5_0_31_7.
I deleted the whole ArcSoft folder key and then rebooted. Then installed the newest cab and it pick up the registry string correctly. Seems to be sending and receiving after the install with out any other adjustments.

gc14

Dec 21, 2007
Boston, MA
I was on ver: 5_0_31_7.
I deleted the whole ArcSoft folder key and then rebooted. Then installed the newest cab and it pick up the registry string correctly. Seems to be sending and receiving after the install with out any other adjustments.

Hmm...it may still be working, but you might not have it installed correctly. You might be using a cross between the two. If it works for now, that's fine, but the next time you flash or perform a hard reset I wouldn't do it again like that.

Just for curiosity...when you open up SMS \ MMS, and go to MMS Options. In the About tab, what does it say for your MMS Composer version?