• Yes, I hate it

Votes: 203 19.9%
  • No, it is awesome

Votes: 819 80.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

DanielEGVi

Nov 20, 2011
They had to launch ICS, keeping a system without any cache considerations for multicore and concurrent app execution is a step backwards.

Both Gingerbread, Honeycomb and Ice Cream Sandwich all have "concurrent app execution" so I may ask what's what you're complaining of?

Ice Cream Sandwich does have considerations for multi core...

Sony Xperia Play - Tapatalk 2

oliuf4e

Jan 27, 2011
As of all I like the better battery life of ICS but I was not happy when they've changed basic UI patterns like switching cancel and ok buttons. Personally I was way happier with ICS custom ROM than the official galaxy S2 release. There were too much bugs and this even messed with my development.

githoniel

Mar 14, 2012
i dont like the black&blue theme of ICS, it is just a mess of black!

nothing special in ics,nothing attract me, I have return to GB, everything is good

Flash05

Jul 13, 2010
ICS isnt a failure. it is a revolution!

you know what is failure? it is samsung's ICS implementation. that is the failure.

sure, they have great hardware and unlocked bootloaders. but their ICS sucks.

do you know why samsung doesnt lock bootloader? because it is meant to be on custom ROM.

ICS isnt a failure. it is a revolution!

you know what is failure? it is samsung's ICS implementation. that is the failure.

sure, they have great hardware and unlocked bootloaders. but their ICS sucks.

do you know why samsung doesnt lock bootloader? because it is meant to be on custom ROM.

I agree. If Samsung had half the creativity of HTC then we would truly be rocking an awesome user interface

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

jonny_ftm

Oct 12, 2010
ICS has great features. Coupled with Apex or Nova it shows great potential, but, for me:
- I need a stable OS, no FC. GB can run for weeks with no reboot on my phone, Sammy ICS version will FC, wifi death... random, rare, but always. GB never got FC for my usual apps. ICS, even stock apps FC (camera...)

- Screen responsiveness to touch is a 3 steps behind compared to GB. It made S2 comparable to iPhone, now, we're back to a few years ago (unlock pattern feel to the touch...)

- Lag: On GB, we forgot the term lag. On ICS, we're back to the days of i9000 (for people that had both phones) with random lag

Well, ICS is a great potential, sammy missed it completely
Hope, next roms will fix these issues or back to GB for long term rock stability (key point for my needs)

NortuRE

May 31, 2010
Somehow I have this belief that all the nuisances of ICS are due to the kernel implementation. Using the stock kernel, I barely managed 10 hours of battery life under normal usage, with 3rd party kernel (SiyahKernel) the battery can last for more than a day without any problems.

One good thing about custom kernel is that you'll get more features and (most of the time) more stability.

Kailkti

Apr 7, 2010
Kingston
Yes because gamecih doesn't work properly for it! D:<
Tried game guardian but it didn't work contrary to other reports. Dx
Other than my complaints I found the experience barely and different from gb aside.

$1 gets you a reply

DesertVelo

Jan 21, 2011
Samsung's implementation of ICS does appear to be GB warmed over but it does have some nice features that some owners really like. I am currently using F1 ROM which is the Galaxy Nexus adaptation for GS2 and could not be any happier. Pure Google experience...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

rsenden

Apr 13, 2006
Schiedam
Back to GB

After trying several ICS releases from Samsung over the last month or so, I went back to GingerBread.

My main reason for going back is that ICS consumes battery a lot faster. I guess the main reason is the Exchange client, although I've also experienced the Audio_Out wakelocks. In general, ICS seems more wakelock-hungry. For me, ICS only brings some aesthetic improvements, not any new functionality. So when it was time to flash a new ROM again because I was experiencing the well-known SOD of LP9, I decided to go back to GB.

BTW Since this is my work phone, I cannot flash any custom ROM's or kernel's, nor use an alternative Exchange client.

yoramweil

Jan 19, 2012
Ics is awesome. Samsung castrated it completely. Thanks for CM and AOKP for getting it where it should have been initially. With the recent nightlife, Cm is now rock stable. Can't go back to GB

flicka81

Apr 26, 2012
Personally I am loving ics, couldn't wait for Samsung to release to unbranded handsets and eventually rooted my phone and installed resurrection remix by westcrip and haven't looked back since. Everything is better and faster in my case.

anotheran

Apr 30, 2012
i think the ics rom turned out fairly well. there's been issues with wifi, bluetooth, and battery reported but overally it's been smooth for most.

the roll out was horrendously slow however

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Dude!! HAVE YOU BEEN LIVING UNDER ROCKS?

4.0.4 has already been released and ics Is contrary to all the points you brought out

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium
    My $0.02, based on testing, and total indifference to "oo-Samsung-sux-lolz-I-demand-newest-FW-yesterday-Samsung-owes-me-I-paid-so-much-CM9-rox".

Failure? No. But not cool, awesome, rocking nor deserving of some of the fanboy praise posted here, in my opinion.

I've tried many, many stock and custom ICS, AOKP and CM9, every kernel and every combination (36 flashes since 30th March, to be precise). Not a single combination has been smoother or qucker than my daily driver or my next two preferences - krinyo's SlimROM, rohit's GB MIUI and Insanity build 57.

Battery life isn't a dealbreaker for me, lag is. I don't have bloatware, don't use mail, am not on Twitter or Facebook, haven't had TW launcher on my phone for 9 months. Even stripped down like this, my GB-based ROMs outperform everything else. And they're a hell of a lot more stable too.

As always, each to their own. But I haven't found any reason to leave GB after all this testing. Certainly no problem in refuting the "once you've tried 4.0.4 you'll never go back" spiel, which is lazy generalization based on nothing.

Unlike many, I wasn't wetting myself in anticipation of ICS, hence haven't needed to change my pants.

And the "poll" is ridiculous, pointless and useless, and not even a poll - there is middle ground.
    Unfortunately Samsung implementation of ics is an epic failure. Slow and horrible. But that's Samsung and its pretty early days (3months!?)

Plenty of custom ics roms (cm9 specifically) that prove what ics can do when freed from touchwiz Samsung tweaked rubbish.

4.04 been out a while. Try a custom rom you won't go back :)

You claim ICS is slower than GB? On what basis may I ask?

On ICS (no OC) I get 6200+ points with Antutu. As far as I remember 6000+ points were only possible with GB ROMs that had ICS components build in like CheckRom v4+ and a ton of other optimizations. With stock gb - no way.

Your point being what? How many people here do you think use stock GB? And why do you think benchmarks are proof that one ROM is quicker than another?

I find benchmarks pointless usually, but have tried antutu for one run on each of my preferred ROMs. I have 3 custom GB ROMs, none have any ICS components, none are OCd, and all scored 6200+ on the one and only time I benchmarked them.

This shows that they got good antutu scores and nothing else. They're all quicker than any ICS I've tried - don't need to run further benchmarks to prove it for my usage. As said earlier, I've tried 36 ICS/kernel combos in the last week, and I don't doubt they would get wonderful super benchmark scores - so what? None are quicker than the aforementioned GB ROMs for my setup.
    I just want to share my opinion based on some reading.
    Till now Samsung was not able to release bug free ICS ROM, despite the 6 months of working.
    Also, I am noticing several complaints in both forums the nexus s and galaxy nexus.
    ICS has proved to be slow compared to gingerbread, also it seems to be more battery consuming.
    For now I am sticking to GB, maybe we should wait till Google releases the 4.0.4 update, even though I am not so positive.
    Google its your job now.
    So what do you think??:D