[Q] How to unroot 4.3 so I can update to 4.4.2

Search This thread

irokatcod4

Feb 27, 2014
Hello!
I am new to this and I rooted my phone to 4.3. There is now an update for 4.4.2 and I want to update to it. I have tried uninstalling my root and apparently, I still can't update to 4.4.2. How do I completely uninstall the root so I can go to 4.4.2. I have even tried factory resetting my phone.
Thanks!

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
Hello!
I am new to this and I rooted my phone to 4.3. There is now an update for 4.4.2 and I want to update to it. I have tried uninstalling my root and apparently, I still can't update to 4.4.2. How do I completely uninstall the root so I can go to 4.4.2. I have even tried factory resetting my phone.
Thanks!

If you rooted you shouldn't be new to this. Return to stock. See the general forum and look for the mk2 tar files.

Sent from my Nexus 5

irokatcod4

Feb 27, 2014
If you rooted you shouldn't be new to this. Return to stock. See the general forum and look for the mk2 tar files.

Sent from my Nexus 5

What do I do when I find the MK2 tar files? I used an easy way to root my phone and I don't know how to completely unroot it. How do I return to stock?

jmjoyas

Apr 5, 2013
Search for how to return to stock using Odin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

miamibeachlife

Feb 27, 2014

Sent from my Nexus 5

so obviously you're a very experienced user on this site. I just wanted to know what is the point of your comment? Do you think that the op will suddenly know what to do because you told him that he should know it?

tailgunner9

Apr 8, 2012
Jackson, Tn.
Update

so obviously you're a very experienced user on this site. I just wanted to know what is the point of your comment? Do you think that the op will suddenly know what to do because you told him that he should know it?

My Galaxy S4 was rooted and I got and installed Kit Kat 4.4.2 yesterday with No Problem. Some roots maybe different. I did not have CWM installed.

G

GuestX0019

Here's the point:

You don't buy/get a high end phone and just take the quick way to doing everything. I have seen dozens and dozens of folks get into trouble that way. I spent a month just reviewing how to root my Nexus One before I even got it. That may have been overkill but was awaiting back surgery and wanted something to do while recuperating. You need to take the time to learn not only what to do, but why you are doing it. If not, you guys see the consequences. XDA asks that you search before asking questions and this one has been addressed numerous times. By the question itself, you know whether the OP made any attempt at all to look for answers or just wants spoon fed.

That said, we all feel bad when someone messes up their phone and if asked properly they will get help. Just reminded that they need to research some before asking or jumping into something. I know it is water under the bridge at this time, just FYI--:)

Do hope you all get it sorted. Also, it can get confusing when others hijack the OP's thread. I see that a lot too. Makes it hard to follow and give correct answers to the OP.

BTW, if you unroot and update, you are not re-rooting at this time--:(

Good Luck on it--:good:

Nothing meant personal here, just trying to get some advice out that can take time to get on your own--:)