I9505 - Rooted without knox flag on 4.4.2

Search This thread

apbms1

Nov 4, 2012
Morning all, there were about 4 open threads where I could have added this but I thought of the significance it deserved a new thread.

I will reference all the threads I have used to obtain the info from at the end for reference.

So, I was running a pre rooted stock 4.2.2 MH1 without any knox.

Decided to go to 4.4.2 and followed the knox free method for nc5 with mobile odin. It flashed the rom but wouldn't do the bootloader via normal odin, complained that it didnt recognise the device.

So though what the heck, go staight to the latest pre rooted c9 firmware and had a thought. I was still rooted at this point and the phone ran with 4.4.2 nc5 with the mh1 boot loader. I stripped the boot loader out of the downloaded prerooted nc9 rom, flashed that with normal odin, then flashed the whole rom again with bootloader over the top.

I now have official status. No knox flags and root.
[
veta9a3y.jpg

In download mode i see the following:
odin mode
product name: gt-i9505
current binary: samsung official
system status: custom
knox kernal lock: 0x0
knox warranty void: 0x0
csbconfig lsb: 0x30
write protection: enable
emmc burst mode: enabled

Perhaps there is something of significance here for others or maybe someone can point out what I've missed or done wrong.

Thanks for the following threads for their info and inspiration (thanks also given)
shayind4 for http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719434
DjeMBeY for http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250824

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1398076662474.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398076662474.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 759
  • uploadfromtaptalk1398076678915.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1398076678915.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 756
Last edited:
Reactions: worldtree

apbms1

Nov 4, 2012
No idea as I dont have one. Would be a fairly safe test imo to try though.

Reactions: worldtree

spamtrash

Nov 9, 2008
Krasnoyarsk

I am sure that you are very happy for your success. I am pretty sure that you will have many friends soon. I am almost certain that your phone's IMEI number will be soon used for unlocking some stolen phone somewhere by IMEI cloning.

What is the base of my feeling?

Well, you have provided both, your own mobile number and IMEI number on the screenshots.

Are you sure that you know what are you doing?:rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Morning all, there were about 4 open threads where I could have added this but I thought of the significance it deserved a new thread.

I will reference all the threads I have used to obtain the info from at the end for reference.

So, I was running a pre rooted stock 4.2.2 MH1 without any knox.

Decided to go to 4.4.2 and followed the knox free method for nc5 with mobile odin. It flashed the rom but wouldn't do the bootloader via normal odin, complained that it didnt recognise the device.

So though what the heck, go staight to the latest pre rooted c9 firmware and had a thought. I was still rooted at this point and the phone ran with 4.4.2 nc5 with the mh1 boot loader. I stripped the boot loader out of the downloaded prerooted nc9 rom, flashed that with normal odin, then flashed the whole rom again with bootloader over the top.

I now have official status. No knox flags and root.
    [
    veta9a3y.jpg

In download mode i see the following:
    odin mode
    product name: gt-i9505
    current binary: samsung official
    system status: custom
    knox kernal lock: 0x0
    knox warranty void: 0x0
    csbconfig lsb: 0x30
    write protection: enable
    emmc burst mode: enabled

Perhaps there is something of significance here for others or maybe someone can point out what I've missed or done wrong.

Thanks for the following threads for their info and inspiration (thanks also given)
    shayind4 for http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2719434
    DjeMBeY for http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2250824

No idea as I dont have one. Would be a fairly safe test imo to try though.