[MOD][CM10] Transparent Status Bar UPDATED to CM10 ALPHA-7 (18 March 2013)

Search This thread

rodman01

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
Ok i found it in source code, which means it couldn't be found in the smali. Sorry i mixed it up :). But i cannot or I am not able to compile it from source...so i kindly ask which lines have to be modified in the PhoneWindowManager.smali?
Could you help me?

Reactions: yew ji hao

LuisFNet

Jan 25, 2013
Lisbon
ekstrak you theme, go to ekstakted folder/res/here, find png called status_bar_background.png and replace it transparent.png

if the png doesn't exist, you must decompile the theme & go to decompiled folder/res/values/drawable.xml/ edit status_bar_background colour to "#88000000"

Thanks for your reply, none of your suggestions work, I found the UBER Jelly theme and I'm good now!

Love this MOD, thanks Adi_ai****eru!!

riztdroid

Feb 28, 2012
Re: [MOD][CM10] Transparent Status Bar

Adi... can you make statusbar with transparant background like touchwiz ux on GS3 , sorry for English belepotan....:p

Sent from my GT-I8150 using xda app-developers app

neo2k12

Feb 17, 2012
Enjoy Boss :D

here you go Boss

decompile SystemUI/res/values/drawable.xml
<drawable name="status_bar_background">#ff000000</drawable>

#ff000000 change to #00000000 (100% transparent), #88000000(75% Transparent), #7f000000 (50% Transparent), #d8000000 (25% Transparent)compile

decompile my android.policy.jar
com/android/internal/policy/impl/PhoneWindowManager.smali COPY the whole line

and delete the whole line in your PhoneWindowManager.smali paste the whole my line

What would the code be for 80% transparency?

And I still don't know what line you are talking about. PhoneWindowManager.smali has like 1000 lines.

s.goten

Dec 30, 2011
in my cm10 alpha6 doesn't work... status bar remains fully black

Last edited:

rodman01

Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
And I still don't know what line you are talking about. PhoneWindowManager.smali has like 1000 lines.

+1
@Adi_ai****eru: would you be so kind and give us, perhaps just only a rough idea and informations, what line of your smali we could try to copy or change, to make the transparent statusbar working also (in my case) on CM10.1 - JB 4.2.2? That would be great and full credits will go to you, will of course mention you on my thanks list in my thread. That would be really nice and other users will appreciate it:fingers-crossed:. Thanks in advance!

leito824

Apr 7, 2012

here you go Boss

#ff000000 change to #00000000 (100% transparent), #88000000(75% Transparent), #7f000000 (50% Transparent), #d8000000 (25% Transparent)compile

and delete the whole line in your PhoneWindowManager.smali paste the whole my line

hello.! please,

have to change all the lines PhoneWindowManager.smali?
or what specific line need to be changed?

Reactions: kyan31

kyan31

Apr 30, 2011
London
www.modaco.com
I need some help

Please Guys, do not post the same question.which I have answered

Please go to this link =>

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1882394

You will get something there if you are a good reader.

Guud luck :thumbup::D

Hello, I know you already said not to ask the question again, so i'm sorry, but I really need some help and I can't find it on the link you posted :(

What exactly did you change in the smali? Could you just post the exact lines please. I want to use the transparent statusbar in my new ROM, based on CM10.1 4.2.2. I will give you some credit in my opening post, and give you a 'thanks' :fingers-crossed:

Thanks in advance!

benclark101

Nov 7, 2010
What exactly did you change in the smali? Could you just post the exact lines please. I want to use the transparent statusbar in my new ROM, based on CM10.1 4.2.2. I will give you some credit in my opening post, and give you a 'thanks' :fingers-crossed:

To anyone trying to change the SMALI files in framework.policy.jar - You need to replace 3 files, not just one line
The files that need replacing are:

PhoneWindowManager$22.smali
PhoneWindowManager$5.smali
PhoneWindowManager.smali

I have attached the transparent versions in the file below. Just copy and replace them, no need to edit.

As a full guide, to get the transparent status bar framework you need to do the following:

1. Download the attached zip and extract to a new folder
2. Open your framework.policy.jar using 7zip (or similar) and extract classes.dex to the "smali" folder in the new location
3. Open CMD and change to the directory where you pasted the classes.dex
4. Type java -jar baksmali-1.3.3.jar -o classout/ classes.dex
5. This should extract the dex to a classout folder
6. Browse to com\android\internal\policy\impl\
7. Copy the all the files from the "new files" folder (from the extracted zip)
8. This should overwrite three files
9. Delete your old classes.dex file and run java -jar smali-1.3.3.jar classout -o classes.dex From CMD
10. This should build a new classes.dex file which you can copy back into your framework.policy.jar using 7zip

Attachments

• TransparentFramework.zip
    1 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: jam90 and rodman01

rodman01

Apr 25, 2012
Allgäu
To anyone trying to change the SMALI files in framework.policy.jar - You need to replace 3 files, not just one line

PhoneWindowManager.smali

I have attached the transparent versions in the file below. Just copy and replace them, no need to edit.

As a full guide, to get the transparent status bar framework you need to do the following:

2. Open your framework.policy.jar using 7zip (or similar) and extract classes.dex to the "smali" folder in the new location
9. Delete your old classes.dex file and run java -jar smali-1.3.3.jar classout -o classes.dex From CMD
10. This should build a new classes.dex file which you can copy back into your framework.policy.jar using 7zip

Many thanks for your efforts and your informations. Could you please give me the link on which ROM your smalis or your framework.policy.jar is working? So that i could try to port it to my ROM?

benclark101

Nov 7, 2010
Many thanks for your efforts and your informations. Could you please give me the link on which ROM your smalis or your framework.policy.jar is working? So that i could try to port it to my ROM?

The ROM I'm using at the moment is a custom one that I'm building myself. But the ROM I'm using as a base is just CM10 for my device (here).

What specifically were you looking for? I can send you the files if need be.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CM10 TRANSPARENT STATUS BAR

SCREENSHOTS & DOWNLOAD

SCREENSHOT >> click here <<
    DOWNLOAD : CM10_ALPHA-7_TRANSPARENT_STATUS_BAR

UNINSTALL MOD : UNINSTALL_CM10-ALPHA-7_TRANSPARENT_STATUS_BAR

CWM
    WIPE CACHE
    INSTALL ZIP
    REBOOT

wallpaper in screenshot : Blown Dandelion

CREDIT & THANKS TO

Arco
    Evilisto
    (Unofficial Community) Galaxy Wonder Cyanogen Mod Indonesia

if you like this mod, just prees the THANKS BUTTON:good::cowboy::good:​
    thank you very much!! some time ago i tried to do this but with no result :) can you tell me what must be modified for this mod? thank you again :D

here you go Boss

Hello, thank you for the awesome transparency mod. Can you make it 50% transparent and post it here.

Thanks

post your Requesting in here : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2245405

PhoneWindowManager.smali

thank you bro :D what apktool do you use for decompiling systemui? i lost the one that i used for cm10 transparent notification bar :)

EDIT: found :D

I don't use ApkTool Boss..:)

My tools :
    Apk. : Apk Multitools
    Jar.apk. : Jar Decompiler