[Q] Difference between B120 and B120CN? (Huawei Ascend P6

Search This thread

Caspervw

Feb 6, 2014
Hello,

First of all, I am a complete noob when it comes to installing custom roms and firmware and stuff.

I want to install a custom ROM on my Huawei Ascend P6-U06 called HYD52ROM V5. In the instructions it says I need to be on B118CN. But as I can only find a download for the B118 I am a bit confused (and I ruined my last phone with doing this stuff). Has this something to do with it needing to be unlocked or something? Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this?

Help really appreciated!

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Hello,

First of all, I am a complete noob when it comes to installing custom roms and firmware and stuff.

I want to install a custom ROM on my Huawei Ascend P6-U06 called HYD52ROM V5. In the instructions it says I need to be on B118CN. But as I can only find a download for the B118 I am a bit confused (and I ruined my last phone with doing this stuff). Has this something to do with it needing to be unlocked or something? Is there a guide somewhere on how to do this?

Help really appreciated!

B118 and B120 CN are Chinese firmwares. They unlock the phone and only through unlocked firmwares can you install custom firmwares.

There is also an international version of B118, but its not unlocked. The unlocked is only Chinese firmwares.

B118CN and B120 CN have a high risk of bricking phones and many users have bricked their phones out here on xda.

A Chinese kitkat beta firmware has been leaked recently, and this firmware is unlocked too. So upgrading to Kikat rom first and then custom rom is the safest way.

See index thread for related information.

Caspervw

Feb 6, 2014
So can I just upgrade to the KitKat beta as I would upgrade to B118 (or any other firmware) or is this something different?

Sent from my HUAWEI P6-U06 using xda app-developers app

warea

Dec 1, 2007
So can I just upgrade to the KitKat beta as I would upgrade to B118 (or any other firmware) or is this something different?

yes you can upgrade the same way you upgrade any other official firmware i.e. through settings>about>local update. While custom firmware are upgraded through TWRP recovery.

Reactions: Caspervw

Caspervw

Feb 6, 2014
yes you can upgrade the same way you upgrade any other official firmware i.e. through settings>about>local update. While custom firmware are upgraded through TWRP recovery.
Okay so I have one last question, do I need to root my phone before I upgrade to the KitKat Beta. And do you have a link to the version I need to upgrade to? (I am on B112 right now if that matters). Thanks for all the help man!

warea

Dec 1, 2007
Okay so I have one last question, do I need to root my phone before I upgrade to the KitKat Beta. And do you have a link to the version I need to upgrade to? (I am on B112 right now if that matters). Thanks for all the help man!

No you don't need to root.

The kitkat beta is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2630935

:good:

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 PM ----------

Also maybe its stabler to first go to B125 international (find the download file in index thread), and then after that go to kitkat beta.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.