Motorola Moto G Xt1032 - how to recover IMEI?

Search This thread

Chris.G

Oct 16, 2013
Hi all,

My Moto G XT1032 have Unlocked Bootloader CWM recovery and is rooted, running CWM room v 11.
Phone lost IMEI code after flashing with diffrent roms, now I don't have mobile reception, wifi and bluetooth is working fine.

I had similar issue with Gionee E6 but I found imei file in the phone and recreate IMEI number.
In Moto G I can't find imei file so don't know hot to fix this.

Please let me know how to recover IMEI number.
I hope that someone know how to do it.

Many thanks
Chris

Last edited:

Chris.G

Oct 16, 2013
Hi all,

My Moto G XT1032 have Unlocked Bootloader CWM recovery and is rooted, running CWM room v 11.
Phone lost IMEI code after flashing with diffrent roms, now I don't have mobile reception, wifi and bluetooth is working fine.

I had similar issue with Gionee E6 but I found imei file in the phone and recreate IMEI number.

Many thanks
Chris

I do not believe that no one knows how to do it.
Please help me :)

Chris

Chris.G

Oct 16, 2013
I've never heard of this before and it seems extreme that you could lose IMEI number just by flashing a custom ROM. What method did you use?

I would have assumed fastboot flashing stock firmware should solve this.

Hi Sorry for late reply but I lost internet connection on Saturday morning.

When I have been doing some stuff in CWM recovery, had system and data partition mounted.
Then done rm -R * in root dir.
At this point I thought that my current dir is tmp.
After this I lost wifi and IMEI.
I manage to sort out wifi but not IMEI code.

Do you know how to fix this?

Since that I have been re-flashing stock rom and CWM rom but none of them help.

Chris

UnknownAX

Nov 15, 2011
Changing/manually setting the IMEI is illegal afaik. And afaik assisting someone with that is also forbidden here on xda. We used to have a similar problem on the phone I came from, and there was a app which let you backup/restore your IMEI. You need to have a backup in order to restore it so this won't really help you...
This is what I'm talking about: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1591997

Edit.: There actually seems to be a way to manually set it but I'm not sure if it is device-specific.
Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Bleistift33

Feb 1, 2014
You can find your Imei on the back of the phone.
If you google android 4.4 set imei you should find something from technostall which might help you

Good luck

herbesi01

Oct 9, 2011
Hi all,

Many thanks
Chris

Hi, I have the same problem, how to you solved that...

Chris.G

Oct 16, 2013
Hi, I have the same problem, how to you solved that...

I haven't.
I tried to sole this issues re-flashing with different roms, but after several operations it bricked.
It's totally dead, not charging, in linux I can't see device connected, so i think that is dead.
I bought new one.

Good luck with this problem.

herbesi01

Oct 9, 2011
I haven't.
I tried to sole this issues re-flashing with different roms, but after several operations it bricked.
It's totally dead, not charging, in linux I can't see device connected, so i think that is dead.
I bought new one.

Good luck with this problem.

I solved the problem, place to charge the phone, let him take some of the load and flash the original ROM, after that flash CM11, and run perfectmente, I think at first it was because I had done without the SIM, the second time you make with the SIM sunset ...

RestlessScreams

Oct 17, 2012
I solved the problem, place to charge the phone, let him take some of the load and flash the original ROM, after that flash CM11, and run perfectmente, I think at first it was because I had done without the SIM, the second time you make with the SIM sunset ...

Perfectemente? Sunset? :D

Gesendet von meinem XT1032 mit Tapatalk

rohanraarora

Jan 12, 2014
New Delhi
Hi all,

Many thanks
Chris

I had same problem with my previous device , manually restored imei on my previous device which was Micromax A116 by using Engineer/Service mode dialing *#*#3646633#*#* which works for all MTK device
Dont know code for moto g
my current device is moto g PM me if you get any useful info or serice mode code
Thanks
Btw take a look at this this might help you
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1960918
please note i havent tried it for moto g.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Press Thanks if my precious time saved yours ... :)

---------- Post added at 12:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 AM ----------

Sooo, a solution to restore IMEI without save file does exist ?

Yes It Does for most of the devices given you should know the proper method. :)

Last edited:

Verus17

Apr 17, 2014
Any news?

Also I think the problem is that the imei is on the phone just not on the OS? (obviously, but...)
Maybe when we all reflashed to the original stock (and countless other stocks) they just didn't have the proper folder to access in order to identify what imei they're assigned?

Because every single time I've tried to manually rewrite the imei to it all the methods I've used are futile. Even the ones specially tailored to the Moto G's hardware SnapDragon - Qualcomm...

Last edited:

Dev Null

Aug 26, 2009
Szeged
restore IMEI by Motorola service?

Same problem for me. I am really interested in some experience about restoring IMEI.

Motorola support phorum owner replied that Motorola service can recover IMEI (not covered by any kind of warranty of course).

I have tried to reflash factory ROM with and without inserted SIM card, but unfortunately no difference.

I have seen looking for solution, that for some people Android system sees IMEI=0, but the IME is still untouched using fastboot mode and "fastboot getvar" CLI command

For me it's empty using the "getvar" command as well.

Top Liked Posts