[AddOns QVGA][THEME][WM 6.5.x] tacchan23Black w. Blue/Green/Red/Purple/etc selectors

Search This thread

tacchan23

Aug 3, 2009
NEW VERSION HERE http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=624874

tacchan23Black
I wanted to use a theme with black background also on the newly (to Omnia2 at least^^) ported WM 6.5.3. (as the Samsung black theme is not working anymore on the new WM versions)
So I made a mix of many themes along with some custom made images to get a full black theme with item selectors in blue and some glossy effects.

Details v7:
- WM 6.5.x (but it should/may work also on wm 6.5 other than the bottom bar of course)
- (W)VGA and (W)QVGA
- black blackground

- 7 themes (.tsk) to choose different styles of softkeybar and taskbar (details in the screenshots below):
tacchan23Black 1: complitely black bars without any border with Manila style buttons
tacchan23Black 2: glossy black bars without any border with Manila style buttons
tacchan23Black 3: complitely black bars without any border with "squared taskbar" style buttons
tacchan23Black 4: glossy black bars without any border with "squared taskbar" style buttons
tacchan23Black Bordered1: bordered bars in black
tacchan23Black Bordered2: bordered bars with glossy effect
tacchan23Black Bordered3: same as the above but with different style of bottom bar

Details v7large:
as above but with taller listview selectors (same size as ClassicBlue theme) for extreme finger-firendlyness and also bigger popup menu selector (half way size between ClassicBlue theme and my standard version theme)

Details Add-Ons v7:
- Add-Ons to customize the colors of item selectors, checkboxes and pushed buttons
Colors available: White, WhiteGlossy, Red, RedGlossy, Green, GreenGlossy, BlueGlossy, Azure, AzureGlossy, Aquamarine, AquamarineGlossy, Purple, PurpleGlossy, LightGreen, LightGreenGlossy
- Add-On to restore the default bottom bar icons
- Also available a black skin for the default WinMo DialPad
- Download the Zip file containing all the addons and install the choosen customization cab (need to soft reset or change theme to apply changes)

Changelog:
-v7 and v7large:
Added two new styles of softkeybar buttons: tacchan23Black 3 and tacchan23Black 4
New colored pivot background image (also other colors trough AddOns)
Renamed existing softkeybar themes
Replaced the BordedBar buttons

-v6large:
taller listview selectors (same size as ClassicBlue theme) for extreme finger-firendlyness and also bigger popup menu selector (half way size between ClassicBlue theme and my standard version theme)

-v6:
Modified two of the existing softkeybar with Manila style buttons: "tacchan23Black" and "tacchan23Black Glossy"

Screenshots of v7 softkeybars/themes:
attachment.php

Screenshots of v7:
index.php

Screenshots of AddOnds v7:
index.php

Important:
I don't assume any responsability if you have any problems with it:)
I don't have a QVGA device to test the theme, so please post comments WITH screenshots if you like.

Credits:
kane159 for his black theme I used as base for the black background
m.carroll for his glossy taskbar and softekybar
amarullz for his item selectors and checkbox in blue
Vostradamus for his custom made selector items glossy in blue and up/down arrow background glossy in black and modified m.carroll taskbar
dwizzy130 for the Manila style icons
bilbobrian for the "taskbar" style icons

Special Thanks:
Vostradamus: for being very patient with me and teaching me how to be just a little less noob with graphics^^

Downloads:
Files attached below
AddOns VGA http://www.4shared.com/file/200018515/6d7d8eec/AddOns_tacchan23Black_VGA_v7.html
AddOns QVGA http://www.4shared.com/file/200021834/1a3c7af1/AddOns_tacchan23Black_QVGA_v7.html

You can find older versions cabs/screenshots/changelog in the original thread at Modaco

Attachments

• Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA_v7.cab
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,027
  • Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_VGA_v7large.cab
    1.4 MB · Views: 610
  • v7_0.jpg
    v7_0.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 30,841
  • v7_1.jpg
    v7_1.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 3,536
  • v7_AddOns.jpg
    v7_AddOns.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 2,915
  • Tacchan23_Black_6.5.x_QVGA_v7.cab
    970.1 KB · Views: 1,380
Last edited:
Reactions: arsya-audrey

jkrj524

Jul 21, 2007
tacchan23, I really love your work.

Just one request, if possible? Is it possible to make the taskbar all black? Because in the 2 themes you made, the upper right hand corner of the taskbar is not pure black. It's almost grayish in appearance.

If you could make one which is all black for both top and bottom bars, I would truly appreciate it a lot.

Thank you!

tacchan23

Aug 3, 2009
tacchan23, I really love your work.

Just one request, if possible? Is it possible to make the taskbar all black? Because in the 2 themes you made, the upper right hand corner of the taskbar is not pure black. It's almost grayish in appearance.

If you could make one which is all black for both top and bottom bars, I would truly appreciate it a lot.

Thank you!

Maybe later I'll change v1 to a pure black if I manage to get a black bottom bar too.
In the meantime you can replace the taskbar.png in My Documents\Themes\tacchan23black with the one attached here (and soft reset).

Attachments

• taskbar.png
    taskbar.png
    2.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

jkrj524

Jul 21, 2007
Maybe later I'll change v1 to a pure black if I manage to get a black bottom bar too.
In the meantime you can replace the taskbar.png in My Documents\Themes\tacchan23black with the one attached here (and soft reset).

Thanks a lot! I've done it and it works great.

But I'd appreciate a full "all black/pure black taskbar and bottom bar" version cab later when you have the time.

Thanks again for sharing your great work.

Last edited:

jkrj524

Jul 21, 2007
Hi tacchan23, would it be possible to make this with the item selector green (standard windows default green), instead of blue? I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thank you.

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008
i have some small bugs would be great if fix possible

-in skyfire address bar all is black so its not seen what is typed
-notifications shown black background (screenshot 1)
-some items unseen unless selected(screenshot 2&3)

and bug i have not sure its because of theme but i suspect it:cool::
even after uninstalling black theme and setting back to original some places are gray instead of white, example notification in screenshot 1 after reverting to default white theme the black square becomes gray instead to white.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 68
  • Screen04.jpg
    Screen04.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 107
  • Screen06.jpg
    Screen06.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 77

tacchan23

Aug 3, 2009
i have some small bugs would be great if fix possible

-in skyfire address bar all is black so its not seen what is typed
-notifications shown black background (screenshot 1)
-some items unseen unless selected(screenshot 2&3)

and bug i have not sure its because of theme but i suspect it:cool::
even after uninstalling black theme and setting back to original some places are gray instead of white, example notification in screenshot 1 after reverting to default white theme the black square becomes gray instead to white.

screen2&3: which application is that exactly?
screen1: the notifications look like this (screenshot) to me
skyfire: for me the address bar background is in black and the typed text is white (you have the newest skyfire version?)

You using WM 6.5, not 6.5.x right? maybe some of the problems may come from that... if anyone else is facing similar problems (with 6.5 I think) let me know please.

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

bnm7bnm

Mar 11, 2008
screen2&3: which application is that exactly?
screen1: the notifications look like this (screenshot) to me
skyfire: for me the address bar background is in black and the typed text is white (you have the newest skyfire version?)

You using WM 6.5, not 6.5.x right? maybe some of the problems may come from that... if anyone else is facing similar problems (with 6.5 I think) let me know please.
in screen 2,3 its resco 2010 b2 registry editor>export reg file.

i think notification is graphic file maybe you know which one so i can skin it?

i use 6.5 build 21884 and newest skyfire i think its cause you got samsung (if i understood correct) and samsungs apps (like notification manager) maybe work better with some things...

now when i'm setting back to white some places becomes gray what i need to change for this to become white?

Attachments

• Screen01.jpg
    Screen01.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 46
  • Screen07.jpg
    Screen07.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 25

tacchan23

Aug 3, 2009
in screen 2,3 its resco 2010 b2 registry editor>export reg file.

i think notification is graphic file maybe you know which one so i can skin it?

i use 6.5 build 21884 and newest skyfire i think its cause you got samsung (if i understood correct) and samsungs apps (like notification manager) maybe work better with some things...

now when i'm setting back to white some places becomes gray what i need to change for this to become white?

I'll try resco registry later.

About skyfire and the notifications it's strange... maybe it depends on 6.5 vs 6.5.x. When I try to go back to a "white background" theme it's working correctly and there is no gray areas.
And sadly I really have no idea how to solve it :(
At least I'd like to know if anyone else is facing the same problem (with 6.5 or 6.5.x) on non Samsung devices.

Btw, v4 released with some new bars to choose.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    NEW VERSION HERE http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=624874

tacchan23Black
    I wanted to use a theme with black background also on the newly (to Omnia2 at least^^) ported WM 6.5.3. (as the Samsung black theme is not working anymore on the new WM versions)
    So I made a mix of many themes along with some custom made images to get a full black theme with item selectors in blue and some glossy effects.

Details v7:
    - WM 6.5.x (but it should/may work also on wm 6.5 other than the bottom bar of course)
    - (W)VGA and (W)QVGA
    - black blackground

- 7 themes (.tsk) to choose different styles of softkeybar and taskbar (details in the screenshots below):
    tacchan23Black 1: complitely black bars without any border with Manila style buttons
    tacchan23Black 2: glossy black bars without any border with Manila style buttons
    tacchan23Black 3: complitely black bars without any border with "squared taskbar" style buttons
    tacchan23Black 4: glossy black bars without any border with "squared taskbar" style buttons
    tacchan23Black Bordered1: bordered bars in black
    tacchan23Black Bordered2: bordered bars with glossy effect
    tacchan23Black Bordered3: same as the above but with different style of bottom bar

Details v7large:
    as above but with taller listview selectors (same size as ClassicBlue theme) for extreme finger-firendlyness and also bigger popup menu selector (half way size between ClassicBlue theme and my standard version theme)

Details Add-Ons v7:
    - Add-Ons to customize the colors of item selectors, checkboxes and pushed buttons
    Colors available: White, WhiteGlossy, Red, RedGlossy, Green, GreenGlossy, BlueGlossy, Azure, AzureGlossy, Aquamarine, AquamarineGlossy, Purple, PurpleGlossy, LightGreen, LightGreenGlossy
    - Add-On to restore the default bottom bar icons
    - Also available a black skin for the default WinMo DialPad
    - Download the Zip file containing all the addons and install the choosen customization cab (need to soft reset or change theme to apply changes)

Changelog:
    -v7 and v7large:
    Added two new styles of softkeybar buttons: tacchan23Black 3 and tacchan23Black 4
    New colored pivot background image (also other colors trough AddOns)
    Renamed existing softkeybar themes
    Replaced the BordedBar buttons

-v6large:
    taller listview selectors (same size as ClassicBlue theme) for extreme finger-firendlyness and also bigger popup menu selector (half way size between ClassicBlue theme and my standard version theme)

-v6:
    Modified two of the existing softkeybar with Manila style buttons: "tacchan23Black" and "tacchan23Black Glossy"

Screenshots of v7 softkeybars/themes:
    attachment.php

Screenshots of v7:
    index.php

Screenshots of AddOnds v7:
    index.php

Important:
    I don't assume any responsability if you have any problems with it:)
    I don't have a QVGA device to test the theme, so please post comments WITH screenshots if you like.

Credits:
    kane159 for his black theme I used as base for the black background
    m.carroll for his glossy taskbar and softekybar
    amarullz for his item selectors and checkbox in blue
    Vostradamus for his custom made selector items glossy in blue and up/down arrow background glossy in black and modified m.carroll taskbar
    dwizzy130 for the Manila style icons
    bilbobrian for the "taskbar" style icons

Special Thanks:
    Vostradamus: for being very patient with me and teaching me how to be just a little less noob with graphics^^

Downloads:
    Files attached below
    AddOns VGA http://www.4shared.com/file/200018515/6d7d8eec/AddOns_tacchan23Black_VGA_v7.html
    AddOns QVGA http://www.4shared.com/file/200021834/1a3c7af1/AddOns_tacchan23Black_QVGA_v7.html

You can find older versions cabs/screenshots/changelog in the original thread at Modaco