How to deactivate international call barring

Search This thread

stanleyxu2005

Dec 10, 2009
Hi All,

how to deactivate international call barring. I tried to deactivate it in HTC hero. But it asks a password. I asked my network operator O2 (Germany). They said, that the password is set by HTC. But I checked the HTC manual and googled, I have not the password yet.

Does anybody know this password?

Best regards from Munich

peterc10

Aug 3, 2008
No bar on making international calls on my Uk Hero either. And at what Orange charge me for them I am sure they want me to make as many as I can ;)

Or do you mean roamimg, i.e. using the phone when abroad? If so then often networks block that.

What steps did you take to try to activate international calling, because I have never even seen an option on my phone for doing that

peterc10

Aug 3, 2008
Settings > Call Settings > Call Barring > Outgoing International
Settings > Call Settings > Call Barring > Outgoing International Roaming

Is the "outgoing international" box got a green tick against it? If not then the outgoing international calls are NOT called barred. On mine the ones above headed "all outgoing" and the one below headed "all incoming" are the same - i.e. with no green tick in the box and "disable" underneath. So on mine there are no bars.

But when I click on it it asks me to provide a password so that I can set up call barring, not so that I can get rid of it.

If any of the boxes have a green tick and you did not put it there then somebody has probably barred the calls and put their own password in. Since this is something that the user can do I do not think it will be HTC who will have done it

R

rhedgehog

if it asks for a password, this is usually limited by the PIN2 on the SIM. This is set by the network and not by HTC.

If this is what you have got, with the ticks and everything, ask the network for the PIN2 of your SIM. They should be able to provide it as most networks set it to a default value, just as they do the standard PIN.

Dan330

Apr 16, 2008
if you can not work around it..

You can look at calling cards.. which will save you money in the long run.
The calls are considered local calls on Calling cards.

just an idea....
good luck :)