NextBook Next2-Next3/Prestigio PMP3084B/Odys Genesis -Eclare, Froyo, Gingerbread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

KeesMoer

Oct 7, 2010
Eindhoven
www.keesmoerman.nl
Thanks for the answers (and thanks fun_)
Just a simple sentence, as you seem to know of linux: system in RK2818 is CRAMFS!!
Well, actually know not that much... I am a Linux user, but not really a developer. However, mentioning cramfs send me searching, and indeed it is now clear that with a compacted image/file system (even with 'RAM' in the name), random read/write is not feasible :(. Thanks for the hint! Apparently, the Froyo 2.2 v5 image I used (from page 1 of this thread) used a different file system.

Now to find an alternative way... For the moment, just placed them in the QuickSSHd dropbear directory, as when accessing via QuickSSHd it extends the $PATH to reach this location.

Edit: Just realized bash and nano are already included in this CyanogenMod by default; no need to install them myself like in my previous 2.2 ROM (which was smaller, hence the need for CRAMFS for 2.3).

I can't explain the way into the system under linux, because I use windowsXP
Actually, I hoped to do this while working on the tablet, not by generating a new image and flashing either in XP or Ubuntu, just like I did on my previous froyo image (see above). However, thanks for the hint, as my original approach indeed will not work on de CyanogenMod image.
I've have noticed sometimes the sudden wake-ups, but rarely
Might be related to apps having some timer (as e.g. to check email)? Guess I will have a different set of apps compared to you. And indeed, not all apps/apks work smoothly on the tablet, have some which even 'force close' although I see no reason for them to do so w.r.t. hw features they need...

Still, overall very happy with this ROM :D ! Regards, Kees.

Last edited:

kova555

Mar 20, 2011
Split
What you have to do is to take kernel.img, misc.ing & recovery.img of your device... and use boot.img & system.img of any rom posted here to have your own rom suitable for your RK2818 7.0.

I know is complicated... but that is how this work.

BTW RK2818 CAN'T be rooted inside of device. Must be done outside.

You have some resources in the site of your device... and very good resources.

hello,
you say, I can use any rom for RK2818 cpu from this forum but my device isn't 7" or 8", my device is 10"!
ok,if I can really use any rom for RK2818,I need your help!
Can you write me how can I install custom rom STEP BY STEP, and any link for tool and rom-s?!
I was rooted my device with z4root app.
How I can start recovery menu on my device?

6 mounts ago i was rooted my HTC cell phone and install CM7 rom.I find video instructions for this work on the web, but for my Prestigio pmp5100 I can't find any instruction for installing custom rom-s.
My cell phone works great with 2.3.3 CM7.
Anybody help me???

JDfense

Jul 22, 2011
Wiesbaden
Thanks for the answers (and thanks fun_)

Well, actually know not that much... I am a Linux user, but not really a developer. However, mentioning cramfs send me searching, and indeed it is now clear that with a compacted image/file system (even with 'RAM' in the name), random read/write is not feasible :(. Thanks for the hint! Apparently, the Froyo 2.2 v5 image I used (from page 1 of this thread) used a different file system.

Now to find an alternative way... For the moment, just placed them in the QuickSSHd dropbear directory, as when accessing via QuickSSHd it extends the $PATH to reach this location.

Actually, I hoped to do this while working on the tablet, not by generating a new image and flashing either in XP or Ubuntu, just like I did on my previous froyo image (see above). However, thanks for the hint, as my original approach indeed will not work on de CyanogenMod image.

Might be related to apps having some timer (as e.g. to check email)? Guess I will have a different set of apps compared to you. And indeed, not all apps/apks work smoothly on the tablet, have some which even 'force close' although I see no reason for them to do so w.r.t. hw features they need...

Still, overall very happy with this ROM :D ! Regards, Kees.

I have thougt about the wake ups and crashes while the tablets are sleeping in standby. Maybe there is a context between both bugs and we have to search in the preferences. I think display- settings and energy-saving-parts are at first under suspence. Playing around could solve the problem.;)

Apk-Installations sometimes tricky. First time they crash, second time the run...:confused:
I would use an appInstaller for help as second chance. Some apps don't run from SD-Card. Keep the list of extra apk's small and beautiful, when you don't want to slow down your tablet.
And be patient, I believe the devs around here will bring sooner or later new brewed stuff into the light.:cool: Greetings, JDfense

Last edited:

JDfense

Jul 22, 2011
Wiesbaden
hello,
you say, I can use any rom for RK2818 cpu from this forum but my device isn't 7" or 8", my device is 10"!
ok,if I can really use any rom for RK2818,I need your help!
Can you write me how can I install custom rom STEP BY STEP, and any link for tool and rom-s?!
I was rooted my device with z4root app.
How I can start recovery menu on my device?

6 mounts ago i was rooted my HTC cell phone and install CM7 rom.I find video instructions for this work on the web, but for my Prestigio pmp5100 I can't find any instruction for installing custom rom-s.
My cell phone works great with 2.3.3 CM7.
Anybody help me???

I haven't found any complete description for RK2818-tablet since July2011, when I got my tablet. You have to put it piece by piece together. If you find an around carelessly packet with video support for our tablets post it, please.

I would beginn with reading parts of this thread.

Last edited:

i004909

Jun 18, 2006
Okay, here it comes.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8ZQBTZPC

cyanogenMod7 custom rom for odys genesis based on fun_'s cyanogenMod7(gingerbread 2.3.5)?
content:
-last odys genesis stock rom replaced with fun_'s cyanogenMod7
-with complete set gapps
-with fixed accelerometer

+++
-find no problems with the display calibration
-small, fast and beautiful
-almost stable(after hours in standby crashes sometimes)
-working google browser
-working google sync

---
-no video, except youtube(no HD) so far I tested it.
-no usb disk or keyboard

By the way I think, it should run on Next3/Prestigo, too.
Please let me know if this link is only not working for me? Would like to try this RoM.

i004909

Jun 18, 2006
Link is ok, but maybe you have sometimes to wait for loading the Megaupload-Website about 30sec.
Thanks JDfense - but I get a timeout every time... have tried over many hours with different browsers too. Can download other files from megaupload site but just not this one :( :( :(

Last edited:

cincin680123

Oct 13, 2010
Hi and many thanks to DaremoS

I upgraded my PMP3084B to GB235.

The improvement is fantastic. Just some impressions for others what to expect:

Market works fine.
I had SDCard issues with the previous firmware, now it is works for me.
The touch screen is really responsive, never felt so good before.
Gsensor works but shows everything upside down in portrait mode, and I did not find the file that I should edit yet.
In the settings menu the Cyanogen mod settings are crashing. It is a pity hence I prefer the menu bar on the top of the screen.
The adhoc WLANS are detected but I could not connect to my phone.

:)

kova555

Mar 20, 2011
Split
That doesn't matter... I told you to keep the kernel of your device (plus a couple of other files). Is in the kernel where are stored the characteristic of your device (10")

:D:D:D:D

You are wrong!
I can't use any rom for 8,4" devices!
today I am make update with RKandroidbatchudate tool and use rom for 8,4" devices and update is faild.
Now I can't power on my device or reset.
I try make update again with official firmware and I can't!
When I start update with "RKandroidbatchudate" tool there is message:
1.start update
2.start test device
and there update process stopped on 0% peocess and flashing yellow color!

Anybody help me!!!!????

Last edited:

MajstorSpeedy

Jul 12, 2010
Zagreb
Well kova555, you have bricked your device!
As we said 100 times b4, you should NOT use update.img made for different device as yours!
It WILL allmost 98% brick your device!
What you should have done is unpacking the official firmware for your device, unpack the custom 8.4' firmware and from it you take the boot.img and system.img and copy it to the unpacked original firmware folder and confirm overwrite request.
Then you pack it all up and than and ONLY than flash it to your device!
This way you keep your kernel but you change the system files.
If you change kernel or bootloader then you WILL brick your device if you don't know what you're doing!!!

Now it is too late for you but others should learn from this!
Flashing is not a game, it's your money at risk!

And a friendly advice for you kova555, return the device to the store and play dumb!
Say that it went off when battery was empty and when you recharged it the device would not go on! In this manner i have returned few tablets already... ;)

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
Santiago
You are wrong!
I can't use any rom for 8,4" devices!
today I am make update with RKandroidbatchudate tool and use rom for 8,4" devices and update is faild.
Now I can't power on my device or reset.
I try make update again with official firmware and I can't!
When I start update with "RKandroidbatchudate" tool there is message:
1.start update
2.start test device
and there update process stopped on 0% peocess and flashing yellow color!

Anybody help me!!!!????

did you keep the kernel of your device (10")?...
how did you do that?

To help you give me the exact model of your tablet.

DaremoS

May 3, 2011
Santiago
Hi and many thanks to DaremoS

I upgraded my PMP3084B to GB235.

The improvement is fantastic. Just some impressions for others what to expect:

Market works fine.
I had SDCard issues with the previous firmware, now it is works for me.
The touch screen is really responsive, never felt so good before.
Gsensor works but shows everything upside down in portrait mode, and I did not find the file that I should edit yet.
In the settings menu the Cyanogen mod settings are crashing. It is a pity hence I prefer the menu bar on the top of the screen.
The adhoc WLANS are detected but I could not connect to my phone.

:)

Proper code for data/local.prop is 0101

JDfense

Jul 22, 2011
Wiesbaden
As requested here are the ROMs of Gingerbread 2.3.5 for RK2818 in 8.4" and 7".
Also I've added a ROM GB 2.3.1 for RK2818.

All this ROMs are just for testing purposes as I'm still working on them, beside my Froyo project..

GB 2.3.5 are fully functional (including Market) except for the infamous hardware accelerator. In version for 7.0 is not working camera either.

This ROMs might require a file in /DATA to adjust G-sensor. This file ---> local.prop. User will have to adjust it, changing binary values in at least two of four parameters.

Most of the problems of this ROM relies in the kernel. I've prove that using the kernel of PMP3084B thing go better. is the kernel used in 8.4" version. Using Next3 kernel disappear flash or SD.

A note: in this ROMs I've removed most of CyanogenMod stuff, because to deal with hardware accelerator requires to add lots of extra code lines.
Thanks to fun_ for his work and involve me in this project.

Links

GB 2.3.5 for RK2818 8.4" link

I've tested the 2.35 8,4' version on odys genesis with original Odys Rom as base.

+++
-fast working rom
-very good calibration like fun_s stuff
-no need for extra lines in the built.prop for accelerometer

---
-cyanogenmod adjustments crashes everytime
-google sync is deactivated
-and naturally no video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    nextbook 3 / Prestigio PMP3084B / Odys Genesis
    (same thing all roms work on all 3 devices)
    Android OS 2.1 <<<not any more :p
    RockChip RK2818
    dual Core CPU, at ~600MHz
    8.4" 800x600 resistive touch / 4:3 display

__________________________________NEXTBOOK 2 ROM ONLY_____________________________________
    special thanks to delimeat52
    http://www.mediafire.com/?rd5zoladeyf4tlv
    __________________________________________________________________________________________

Origional Next3 firmware with market and root added
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UR080WKG

Origional Prestigio PMP3084B firmware with root and market
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K7273SCB

Prestigio PMP3084B firmware with root and market and no bloat ware
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O4KIRFXY

Prestigio PMP3084B firmware 2.1.2 striped of bloat only 12 apps pre-installed the system is truly rw, busybox installer verified, boot animations removed
    works grate on the next book (that's what i have)
    i feel its one of the best ones ive created so far
    only con with it is its defaults language is Russian just change the language goto settings its the 7th down,(has an A next to it) press the first option then scroll to English
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GVFCVAJP

same as above but default is english and location is US also
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1FSTL1X1

Market Fix if not working:

1. Open Settings.
    2. Select Applications.
    3. Select Manage Applications.
    4 Press Menu > Filter > All
    5. Clear Cache for - Checkin Service, Download Manager, Gmail, Google Talk Service and Market
    6. Reboot Device

if that dosent work then your on your own and i wish you luck

__________________________________ FROYO_____________________________________________

2.2 FROYO EDITION version 1 !!!!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZN9CGCQ

2.2 froyo version 2 stripped of bloat
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6KTPYAAL

2.2 Froyo v3 removed second search, kickback, added life wallpapers added back desk clock
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O2RF5O7X

2.2 Froyo v4 fixed root, Added some essential apps Special thanks to MajstorSpeedy he fixed it!
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XOY8KA14

2.2 Froyo v5 Special thanks to DaremoS he made it!
    fully rooted, smaller, possible speed improvement
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ZXKJEL7

known problems
    calibration isnt perfect,
    browser force closes install one from market

if you only see one app in the featured of the market place do this
    goto Applications/ALL

Find Market. clear cache & force stop
    Find Google Services Framework. clear data & force stop
    Now when you try to open the Market, it closes and you get an error.
    Reboot phone, Market should be fine now.
    _______________________________________GINGERBREAD________________________________________________

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=O8EK69NU 2.3.4 GINGERBREAD beta v.2
    TESTING ONLY
    known things
    - Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
    - TS works fine (had to remove TScalibration)
    - Fully rooted
    - Faster than 2.1
    - Stable
    - Missing USB (missing the ability to connect to pc)
    - Missing Market

special thanks to MajstorSpeedy he created it
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________

move this to the sd card or the internal and update it
    if it says invalid then use the directions and tools here
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=X5J1GIDD

more roms coming soon...............

WARNING:
    This will erase all your current data, and as always I a not responsible for bricking your device!

if you wish to buy me an energy drink click here to be sent to paypal!!!!
    i have so far collected $1 for all of my hard work here :D updated on 10/16/11
    Froyo V6 - correct calibration tool

Hi all! You missed me?

I'm back with another custom firmware for Next3/PMP3084/Genesis

To break it down a bit and tell you what's been done.
    I've taken an official Froyo beta1 release and added root and some essential apps
    so that you aren't bothered with installing Astro and Titanium.
    I've removed boot screens from prestigio.

Next to be done is to fix the annoying taskbar issue and improve overall speed of the system, to add a new version of android market and to make a system little more of an lightweight.

I'm currently uploading the update.img so till then bye!

So, here we are! The brand new, rooted, screen calibrated Froyo just for you!

Streamlined version of GB.2.3.7

Here is a revised and corrected version of GB.2.3.7 for RK2818.

It seems that some issues have disappeared.
    Like the problem of link to a PC (so called Mass Storage Screen problem)

Streamlined version

Be aware that Market appears only when Wifi is connected :confused:

It's for 8.4" with bqreaders kernel.

Let me know of the bugs

Thanks and god bless you all!! :D
    New Froyo

Here is Froyo v5.

IMHO the best ROM for our loved device Yifang M901 branded as Nextbook Next3, Prestigio PMP3084B, Odys Genesis, Darwin of bqReaders (Spain), Arnova 84 of Archos (France), to mention some.

Rockchip RK2818 absolutely an underrated chip with excellent capabilities for a cheap chip :) :
    - excellent sound, due to dedicated DSP (normal feature of Rock-Chip chips :))
    - excellent image @720P with graphic acceleration.
    - USB port OTG (Froyo takes advantage of it with USB Host function)
    - G-sensor Rockchip 3-x accelerometer
    - Rockchip manages almost all available formats in audio and video.
    - our device is NOT using TV-OUT bundled in the chip.
    For more info see here http://www.rock-chips.com/index.php?do=prod&pid=2
    Lots of capabilities for a device that cost a quarter of a premium tablet.

About resistive screen... indeed it's a weakness of the chip... but handling it with a pointer can be very nice.
    Multitouch screens are really expensive thanks to the mercenaries of the genre Apple i****.

Download
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5ZXKJEL7

- Still problems with Explorer, must be used Google search of Launcher to use it.
    - Market still need the trick of clean the cache of Market and the data of Google Services Framework. Stopping both apps. Works better when this is done when Market is loaded in Home screen. In other cases requires several attempts.

Enhancements:

- Fully rooted. Can run Titanium Backup, and all root tools..
    - Small size of module.
    - I notice better speed (placebo?)

To do:

- implement A2SD

Sincere thanks to donaldj83 and MajstorSpeedy for make me get in action again.
    Gingerbread 2.3.7 for RK2818... version 2.

This time for 8.4" screen -----> rk28_84_gb7.therom.77

This version have the posibility of fix rotation by using 4 parameters:
    sensor.accelerometer.flip_xy=0
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_x=1
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_y=0
    sensor.accelerometer.invert_z=1
    This parameters work fine for bqreaders Darwin.

Now with a ICS launcher instead of Launcher2 of Gingerbread.
    Reason: this launcher rotates!.
    ICS = Ice Cream Sandwich or Android 4.0
    It's used Roboto font which is Android ICS font.
    It sport ICS wallpapers and an awesome menu which can be seen in portrait mode.
    There are two galleries: the normal one, and the new one which is really slow.
    Recovery is fully functional (For bqreaders and Master-G)

Still is needed to load MP3 and HW video from File Manager.
    With MoBoPlayer video is seen marvellous.
    Songbird play MP3 excellent (ncluded)
    YouTube work fine as expected.
    Market work excellent, I know is the new one which is slow, but is updated automatically :( so it can't be used another.

Problem with list of media in menus comes from module libmediaplayerservice.so.
    If somebody find such module working fine in the ROM... let us know.

So far... no visible bugs. I love this ROM!!

Good night and happy thanksgiving day!