Dads vibrant is slow

Search This thread

falcons2

Jun 19, 2011
austintown
Ok so my dad has a vibrant and hes been saying its been slow and wants me to make it faster. What would be the easiest way to do that for him

Sent from my galaxy s 4g using XDA app

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
I think he would back up his apps, and move to a stable ROM offered by one if the dev here

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda premium

bobshute

Nov 8, 2010
San Diego
Reactions: falcons2

falcons2

Jun 19, 2011
austintown

jnusz

Feb 3, 2011
If your dad is happy with the stock ROM (with the exception of the speed) then I would definitely suggest going with something like the fishman mod that is based on the stock 2.2 ROM. That'll make sure he still has all the stock apps and such. I used Bionix for a LONG time and was always really happy with it.

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
I suggest showing him Fish's version of Bionix for the mere reason that Fishman is supporting it daily, while Team Whiskey is no longer.

Fish is good at what he does. My name is Woodrube and I endorse this message.

falcons2

Jun 19, 2011
austintown
Lol its been like a month and i still haven't flashed it for him but anyway can i get cwm on his phone without using a computer

Sent from my GT-P7510 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Adding on to xriderx66, use this guide if you need a reference when backing up & flashing a custom rom to your dads phone... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=849028

Since he's already rooted start from: "OKAY, I HAVE ROOT - NOW WHAT? BACKUP!!!"
    Which rom would you recommend? Because I don't know anything about vibrant roms as I'm from the gs4g

To keep things closer to your dad's experience there's FishmanMod which is an update to a very popular Bionix -v 1.3.1 Rom. It will fly compared to stock but everything works and it won't be totally unfamiliar to the dad.

Here:http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1441976
    Thanks I'm gonna have to show it to him and see if he likes how it looks before I flash it for him

be careful, the GS4g and Vibrant may look the same, but their flashing procedures are a bit different. read up and then do it.
    If your dad is happy with the stock ROM (with the exception of the speed) then I would definitely suggest going with something like the fishman mod that is based on the stock 2.2 ROM. That'll make sure he still has all the stock apps and such. I used Bionix for a LONG time and was always really happy with it.
    I suggest showing him Fish's version of Bionix for the mere reason that Fishman is supporting it daily, while Team Whiskey is no longer.

Fish is good at what he does. My name is Woodrube and I endorse this message.