Google shutting down N1 forums

Search This thread

Rusty!

Jan 10, 2010
Portsmouth
Semi-true.

Whilst there is an announcement to that effect, it also tells you where to post afterwards. Basically they're moving them to another section.

Not that they're really N1 specific anyway, there's no mention of N1 in their title anywhere.

Old MuckenMire

Feb 9, 2010
Semi-true.

Whilst there is an announcement to that effect, it also tells you where to post afterwards. Basically they're moving them to another section.

Not that they're really N1 specific anyway, there's no mention of N1 in their title anywhere.
It's not semi-true, it's completely true.

"The Nexus One forum will be archived and become read-only on November 1st. Please see the Nexus One Terms of Sale for details regarding support. If you have questions about using applications on your Nexus One post them to the Google Mobile Forum."

Google says they're shutting down the N1 section and you argue with them :D And apparently you missed the HUGE words NEXUS ONE at the top of the page, so the forums they are(were) indeed Nexus One specific:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/android?hl=en

D

diversificationied

Hmm...I wonder if they disbanded the google nexus phone team.

That's not good in terms of updates for you guys. =/

Old MuckenMire

Feb 9, 2010
Hmm...I wonder if they disbanded the google nexus phone team.

That's not good in terms of updates for you guys. =/
I was just wondering that myself....a strange time to do this with Gingerbread right around the corner. Then again it's still the development phone...although even that could change at any time I suppose...no guarantees in life. Doesn't matter to me tho: CM will take care of our Gingerbread needs.

justclimb

Nov 20, 2009
Madrid
There it goes the "HTC Magic afair" again...

I´s normal that they get better hardware in which develop new features for their OS...

But dismantleying the Nexus crap is against our understanding and negatively impacts on the trust we got in the Google Phone

:mad:

garfnodie

Apr 2, 2008
Columbia, TN, USA
I was a little bit scared as well when I initially read this, but then I also came to the same realization as MuckenMire; "Why should I be scared?" My N1 is rooted, and as long as people love the N1, there will be plenty of dev's out there to give the latest and greatest and even better than greatest ROM's. Sure, at some point, the phone's hardware will cease to meet the minimum requirements of the then current high performance version of Android, but I hope and am pretty confident that there will be a new phone that is just as easy to mod as the N1 by then.