[TUTORIAL]CRT animation in any stock Gingerbread

Search This thread

skynet28

Mar 24, 2011
Bhubaneswar
You can enable crt screenoff animation in any stock gingerbread rom(2.3.3/2.3.4 odex/deodex)

You will need-
a)METHOD 1-APK Manager from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695701 METHOD 2-APK tool-windows-http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/downloads/detail?name=apktool-install-windows-r04-brut1.tar.bz2&can=2&q= and APKtool.jar-http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/downloads/detail?name=apktool1.4.1.tar.bz2&can=2&q=
b) .zip manager ( 7-zip or winrar for windows and archive manager for linux)
c) text editor ( Notepad++ in windows or gedit/write in linux )
d) framework-res.apk from /system/framework that you want to modify and build.prop from /system.
e)Root explorer/Fileexpert or adb to pull framework-res.apk and build.prop

First thing using root explorer or adb pull the above files to your computer.Then do the following..
For editing framework-res.apk you can use
Method-1
1) Once you extract APKManager you should have a folder called "APKManager," somewhere.Put apkmanager to the root of your C Drive.

2) Within that folder there's another folder called "place-apk-here-for-modding". Place you desired framework-res.apk into that folder.

3) Navigate back to the root of "APKManager", and double-click "Script.bat"in windows or "Script.sh" in linux

4) Press option 9 to decompile the apk. (It may take some time)

5) Once finished, navigate to "APKManager\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values".

6) Inside look for a file called "bools.xml". Open it using your notepad++ or gedit
and find and change the
"<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>" to "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>"

7) Remember to save! Not "save as," but save.

8) Double-click "Script.bat" or "Script.sh"again, and choose option 11 to build the apk

9) Say "y" to first option.The program will ask if it is a system app..say yes.Then again yes to copy. Then it will extract to keep folder.Then an option will come to delete the resources.arsc

10) Open the keep folder, and delete resource.arsc before saying yes to the last option.

11) Say "y" to the last option.

12) It will ask you to press any key, do that, and it will finish.

13) Navigate to the "place-apk-here-for-modding" folder, and you'll see a new file called, "unsignedframework-res.apk" open it with a .zip manager, and take the resource.arsc file from it, and transfer it to your original framework-res.apk without extracting it,i.e,through 7-zip/winrar/archive manager(Which should be in the same folder)

14) Now push the modified original framework-res.apk(with new resource.arsc) onto your phone /system/framework using adb or copy by root explorer/fileexpert, and set permissions using root explorer to -rw -r -r or use chmod 644 framework-res.apk using adb. There wil be force-closes using root explorer when copying..just ignore that and set permissions and reboot.

15) Now pull build.prop from /system to your computer

16) Open build.prop(in samsung ROMs) and modify the line.
'debug.sf.hw=1' is the line in the file. Replace it by '#debug.sf.hw=1'. Indirectly you are just changing the line into a comment by adding a #

17) Now take this file and replace your original build.prop. You can do this by using adb or root explorer and set permssions similarly as in above.

18)Reboot and go to settings>>display>>animations and choose all animations. Enjoy your crt screenoff animation.;)

19) You will lose your boot animation once you do this(in samsung ROMs) . Enable custom boot animation here-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1161423.But you have to deodex your firmware to use custom boot animation.

METHOD 2
1) Download APKTOOL
On Windows, download apktool-windows and apktool.jar
Extract the file contents in each archive into your Windows folder:
C:\Windows

2) Save your framework-res.apk file to a place that you know
like to: C:\hktw\framework-res.apk
Open the command prompt
On Windows, press the Start button, type: cmd, press the Enter button

3) You’ll need to change the directory of your commands to the one where you saved your .apk file
Type the “cd” command and then the directory where you saved your file.
cd C:\hktw
Now you need to tell apktool to decompile the framework…
apktool d -f framework-res.apk
You should see in your .apk folder a new folder has been created: “framework-res”

4) Inside of that folder you can now see all of the decompiled parts of your .apk
Edit res/values/bools.xml
Change "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>" to "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>"

5) When you’re done editing, you’ll need to recompile the .apk
apktool b -f framework-res
Note the inclusion of the “.apk” during decompilation, and the exclusion of the “.apk” during recompilation

6) After you’ve sent the recompile command, apktool will work and eventually create two new folders called “dist” and “build”
Inside of the “build” folder will be the recompiled parts of your .apk

7) Open the original .apk file using WinRAR of 7zip
Drag and drop the “resources.arsc” file inside of “build/apk” to the root of your original .apk

8) Now place that modified framework-res.apk in your /system/framework.

9) Then follow steps 15-19 of method 1. Thats it.

Thanks to these forums for the tutorial-
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1138800
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695701
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1140461

Last edited:

skynet28

Mar 24, 2011
Bhubaneswar
It works! Tested with the S5830BVJKP2 Brazilian FW I only had issues with the apk manager, it was saying:

Please make your decision:9
Please Select A Project To Work On (Option #22)

So I used the apktool. If I could I would thank you 10 times :D
This is for selecting default apk to be used in project.
When it shows press any key..Then enter 22 .Now if you have placed the apk in modding folder it will give option like
1-framework-res.apk
So Enter 1 and then on next option enter 9. Decompilation will start.

Reactions: Lijop

mode90x

Feb 16, 2011
Debrecen
I hope you selected 11 which is compile option. Now is the apk manager folder on the root of your C Drive? Could you post the logs?

It didnt work for me either, i put the APKmanager folder in C:\
here's the log:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|2011.07.27. -- 12:38:37,14|
A megadott nevet (java) a rendszer nem ismeri fel bels‹ vagy k�ls‹
parancsk‚nt, futtathat˘ programk‚nt vagy k”tegf*jlk‚nt.
|2011.07.27. -- 12:42:08,78|
|2011.07.27. -- 12:42:33,67|
|2011.07.27. -- 12:43:15,33|
|2011.07.27. -- 12:45:47,68|
|2011.07.27. -- 12:50:54,76|
A k”vetkez‹ f*jl nem tal*lhat˘: C:\APKmanager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedframework-res.apk
A k”vetkez‹ f*jl nem tal*lhat˘: C:\APKmanager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedframework-res.apk
|2011.07.27. -- 12:53:57,06|
A k”vetkez‹ f*jl nem tal*lhat˘: C:\Windows\APKmanager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedframework-res.apk
A k”vetkez‹ f*jl nem tal*lhat˘: C:\Windows\APKmanager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedframework-res.apk
|2011.07.27. -- 12:55:29,12|
A k”vetkez‹ f*jl nem tal*lhat˘: C:\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedframework-res.apk
A k”vetkez‹ f*jl nem tal*lhat˘: C:\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedframework-res.apk
|2011.07.27. -- 12:55:49,14|
A k”vetkez‹ f*jl nem tal*lhat˘: C:\APKmanager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedframework-res.apk
A k”vetkez‹ f*jl nem tal*lhat˘: C:\APKmanager\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedframework-res.apk

wierzbik

Aug 16, 2011
After point 14, when I'm trying to reboot, I have boot animation all the time and my GT-S5830 aren't run. Why? Have I done something wrong? Thanks for replies!

PS: I have 2.3.4

Last edited:

skynet28

Mar 24, 2011
Bhubaneswar
After point 14, when I'm trying to reboot, I have boot animation all the time and my GT-S5830 aren't run. Why? Have I done something wrong? Thanks for replies!

Try with apktool. I use the above methods to modify all apks and they work well. Please refer to threads related to apkmanager and apktool in xda. Proper knowledge is required to decompile and compile correctly.Also you may check with permissions.

Last edited:
Reactions: wierzbik

wierzbik

Aug 16, 2011
I have done everything step by step like in tutorial method 2 and the same problem. (I'm trying to reboot, I have boot animation all the time and my GT-S5830 aren't run)

wierzbik

Aug 16, 2011
I don't know :/ I just replaced the file. Can you tell me how to set permissions to -rw -r -r step by step?

skynet28

Mar 24, 2011
Bhubaneswar
I don't know :/ I just replaced the file. Can you tell me how to set permissions to -rw -r -r step by step?
1.If you are using root explorer then after copying from the menu you can select permissions from the pop up after mounting as r/w long pressing the apk select
read/write ,read ,read (rw -r -r ) for owner ,group and others respectively.
It is difficult since after copying lots of force closes occur.
2.If by adb

Code:
$ adb shell
$ su
# mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
# cd /system/framework
#chmod 644 framework-res.apk

Last edited:

wierzbik

Aug 16, 2011
I can't select permissions using root explorer, because after copying root explorer is closing. So i want to do it using adb, but i still don't know how. I'm noob in that :) How to use adb? Have i got some special aplications? Please, don't be laugh :) I really don't know how.

skynet28

Mar 24, 2011
Bhubaneswar

wierzbik

Aug 16, 2011
I've been trying to use adb, but after "$ su" i've got "Permission denied" USB Debugging is enabled. Phone is rooted (superuser) and i have got busybox installed, because i was trying to use QtADB. Permission denied agin.

Why?

Last edited:

skynet28

Mar 24, 2011
Bhubaneswar
I've been trying to use adb, but after "$ su" i've got "Permission denied" USB Debugging is enabled. Phone is rooted (superuser) and i have got busybox installed, because i was trying to use QtADB. Permission denied agin.

Why?
When you run "su" for the first time a window pops up(superuser) on the phone screen asking you to allow it to run, you have to check it to allow. (You have to answer Yes on the phone to allow access to root and you could use adb after that normally).

wierzbik

Aug 16, 2011
I should look at the phone :) Thanks for help and wasted time on me. Everything works!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You can enable crt screenoff animation in any stock gingerbread rom(2.3.3/2.3.4 odex/deodex)

You will need-
    a)METHOD 1-APK Manager from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695701 METHOD 2-APK tool-windows-http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/downloads/detail?name=apktool-install-windows-r04-brut1.tar.bz2&can=2&q= and APKtool.jar-http://code.google.com/p/android-apktool/downloads/detail?name=apktool1.4.1.tar.bz2&can=2&q=
    b) .zip manager ( 7-zip or winrar for windows and archive manager for linux)
    c) text editor ( Notepad++ in windows or gedit/write in linux )
    d) framework-res.apk from /system/framework that you want to modify and build.prop from /system.
    e)Root explorer/Fileexpert or adb to pull framework-res.apk and build.prop

First thing using root explorer or adb pull the above files to your computer.Then do the following..
    For editing framework-res.apk you can use
    Method-1
    1) Once you extract APKManager you should have a folder called "APKManager," somewhere.Put apkmanager to the root of your C Drive.

2) Within that folder there's another folder called "place-apk-here-for-modding". Place you desired framework-res.apk into that folder.

3) Navigate back to the root of "APKManager", and double-click "Script.bat"in windows or "Script.sh" in linux

4) Press option 9 to decompile the apk. (It may take some time)

5) Once finished, navigate to "APKManager\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values".

6) Inside look for a file called "bools.xml". Open it using your notepad++ or gedit
    and find and change the
    "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>" to "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>"

7) Remember to save! Not "save as," but save.

8) Double-click "Script.bat" or "Script.sh"again, and choose option 11 to build the apk

9) Say "y" to first option.The program will ask if it is a system app..say yes.Then again yes to copy. Then it will extract to keep folder.Then an option will come to delete the resources.arsc

10) Open the keep folder, and delete resource.arsc before saying yes to the last option.

11) Say "y" to the last option.

12) It will ask you to press any key, do that, and it will finish.

13) Navigate to the "place-apk-here-for-modding" folder, and you'll see a new file called, "unsignedframework-res.apk" open it with a .zip manager, and take the resource.arsc file from it, and transfer it to your original framework-res.apk without extracting it,i.e,through 7-zip/winrar/archive manager(Which should be in the same folder)

14) Now push the modified original framework-res.apk(with new resource.arsc) onto your phone /system/framework using adb or copy by root explorer/fileexpert, and set permissions using root explorer to -rw -r -r or use chmod 644 framework-res.apk using adb. There wil be force-closes using root explorer when copying..just ignore that and set permissions and reboot.

15) Now pull build.prop from /system to your computer

16) Open build.prop(in samsung ROMs) and modify the line.
    'debug.sf.hw=1' is the line in the file. Replace it by '#debug.sf.hw=1'. Indirectly you are just changing the line into a comment by adding a #

17) Now take this file and replace your original build.prop. You can do this by using adb or root explorer and set permssions similarly as in above.

18)Reboot and go to settings>>display>>animations and choose all animations. Enjoy your crt screenoff animation.;)

19) You will lose your boot animation once you do this(in samsung ROMs) . Enable custom boot animation here-http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1161423.But you have to deodex your firmware to use custom boot animation.

METHOD 2
    1) Download APKTOOL
    On Windows, download apktool-windows and apktool.jar
    Extract the file contents in each archive into your Windows folder:
    C:\Windows

2) Save your framework-res.apk file to a place that you know
    like to: C:\hktw\framework-res.apk
    Open the command prompt
    On Windows, press the Start button, type: cmd, press the Enter button

3) You’ll need to change the directory of your commands to the one where you saved your .apk file
    Type the “cd” command and then the directory where you saved your file.
    Now you need to tell apktool to decompile the framework…
    apktool d -f framework-res.apk
    You should see in your .apk folder a new folder has been created: “framework-res”

4) Inside of that folder you can now see all of the decompiled parts of your .apk
    Edit res/values/bools.xml
    Change "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">true</bool>" to "<bool name="config_animateScreenLights">false</bool>"

5) When you’re done editing, you’ll need to recompile the .apk
    apktool b -f framework-res
    Note the inclusion of the “.apk” during decompilation, and the exclusion of the “.apk” during recompilation

6) After you’ve sent the recompile command, apktool will work and eventually create two new folders called “dist” and “build”
    Inside of the “build” folder will be the recompiled parts of your .apk

7) Open the original .apk file using WinRAR of 7zip
    Drag and drop the “resources.arsc” file inside of “build/apk” to the root of your original .apk

8) Now place that modified framework-res.apk in your /system/framework.

9) Then follow steps 15-19 of method 1. Thats it.

Thanks to these forums for the tutorial-
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1138800
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695701
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1140461
    It works! Tested with the S5830BVJKP2 Brazilian FW I only had issues with the apk manager, it was saying:

Please make your decision:9
    Please Select A Project To Work On (Option #22)

So I used the apktool. If I could I would thank you 10 times :D
    This is for selecting default apk to be used in project.
    When it shows press any key..Then enter 22 .Now if you have placed the apk in modding folder it will give option like
    1-framework-res.apk
    So Enter 1 and then on next option enter 9. Decompilation will start.

Try with apktool. I use the above methods to modify all apks and they work well. Please refer to threads related to apkmanager and apktool in xda. Proper knowledge is required to decompile and compile correctly.Also you may check with permissions.
    I have done everything step by step like in tutorial method 2 and the same problem. (I'm trying to reboot, I have boot animation all the time and my GT-S5830 aren't run)
    If you have done all steps properly,are permissions of framework-res.apk set to -rw -r -r ?
    Or if using adb have you done chmod 644 framework-res.apk?
    1.If you are using root explorer then after copying from the menu you can select permissions from the pop up after mounting as r/w long pressing the apk select
    read/write ,read ,read (rw -r -r ) for owner ,group and others respectively.
    It is difficult since after copying lots of force closes occur.
    2.If by adb

Code:
    $ adb shell
    $ su
    # mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock3 /system
    # cd /system/framework
    #chmod 644 framework-res.apk