[Q] CM7 2.3.7 Or CM9 4.0.3?

Search This thread

oxristsis

Oct 5, 2011
Hey guys, i searched on google for this question but i wanted to listen the XDA members and developers opinion about this subject...

What is the huge difference (for our Defy) between CM7 and CM9?
i try both of the roms and i think CM7 with android 2.3.7 is a lot better than CM9 which is 4.0.3 and i cant find any good advandage for CM9, so now i still use CM7 because of its smoothness and stability..
What do u think?

thanks and sorry for my english =p

Ozwax

Jul 26, 2011

I upgraded from CM7 2.3.5 (Green Lens) to Eppy's CM9 ICS 4.0.3 5th March Nightly (as well as the latest Google apps package). Followed the instructions to a tee and have not had one FC or any issues to report.
Pros
The battery (deep sleep) is amazing.
Battery life is extended by about a day and I am using the phone and 3G more than previous.
Camera Fine
Video Camera (recorded 3 x tests of 5 -7 mins) and no problems

Cons

The only negative is on screen custom brightness the capacitive buttons are not illuminated. But I know where those bad boys are even when they are not illuminated.

I was massively sceptical and reluctant of upgrading to ICS after reading all of the issues people were having, however follow the Guide and all is sweet.

I recommend it!

Last edited:
Reactions: oxristsis

oxristsis

Oct 5, 2011
thanks for your quick answer, but i mainly wanted to ask what is the main difference between the two roms. I cant see something very different and also in Quadrant test with CM7 i get score 2300 but with CM9 only 1750. I dont know why, i thaught that newer versions should get higher score...

ebol94

Aug 10, 2011
I think Quadrant isn't capable of using all the processor while in ICS, I remember reading that video acceleration wasn't working 100% either

ffbdm

Sep 3, 2011
I was using CM9 for a time.. but after it make some lags and using 100% of CPU, i decided return to CM7.1 .. For me CM9 has many bugs yet.

The HUGE difference is that CM7 is Gingerbread, while CM9 is Ice Cream Sandwich (more or less, as both are running on a Froyo kernel).

So CM9 brings most of the ICS's goodies: better battery life, better interface, optimisations, etc. and a few still unsolved bugs.

I'll try it too this weekend or the next (depending on the available time).

Cheers!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I upgraded from CM7 2.3.5 (Green Lens) to Eppy's CM9 ICS 4.0.3 5th March Nightly (as well as the latest Google apps package). Followed the instructions to a tee and have not had one FC or any issues to report.
    Pros
    The battery (deep sleep) is amazing.
    Battery life is extended by about a day and I am using the phone and 3G more than previous.
    Camera Fine
    Video Camera (recorded 3 x tests of 5 -7 mins) and no problems

Cons

The only negative is on screen custom brightness the capacitive buttons are not illuminated. But I know where those bad boys are even when they are not illuminated.

I was massively sceptical and reluctant of upgrading to ICS after reading all of the issues people were having, however follow the Guide and all is sweet.

I recommend it!