[10/04] INDEX of ROMs [Android Development Forum]

Search This thread

robindebruin

Nov 20, 2013
dordrecht
Hello community! Welcome to the Index of ROMs from the Android Development Forum.

First of all, which ROMs are included here? Well, I just search and choose the active threads (even if the ROM doesn’t have any recent updates, the thread should at least remain active, with constant feedback from users and devs) but this isn't a must. Perhaps you can find some outdated ROMs that are still functional. Please remember, the most important thing is to read the thread of the ROM that you choose, take a look at the benefits, user reviews, bugs, FAQ, etc. And then, flash it. Of course all the feedback is welcome, if you see some wrong information or want to see a ROM added/removed, you can post a reply in this thread or send me a PM.

« Index Structure

I know that every Developer is free to choose the title of the ROM as he/she wants, but it's really much easier for users (and of course for me) if the date and the version of the ROM continue as the main fields since I'm organizing the index by the date of the last update, with most recent being first. These are two examples of an "ideal" title:

[ROM][ROM][07/07][ICS 4.0.3][XWLPG]NAME OF THE ROM[EXTRA FEATURES]

[ROM][ROM][07/07][AOKP][Build 40]NAME OF THE ROM[EXTRA FEATURES]

I would really appreciate if the developers could organize their titles as some of the examples above. Thanks in advance.

The index is divided in four categories:

- Samsung Base

- AOSP

- AOKP

- MIUI

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

⊗ Jelly Bean ⊗
⊗ SAMSUNG BASE ⊗

[ROM][XXUFMB3|XXEMC2][04Apr] Omega v44.3●►JB 4.2.1|4.1.2◄●Omega Files●►12 Themes◄●
| Developed by ::indie::

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 24.0 & 30.5 | High Quality & Performance | XXEMC2
| Developed by mike1986.

[ROM][03 Apr][MC2 V6.4][XXUFMB3 V6.0][Aroma] WanamLite Fast | Clean & Rock Stable
| Developed by wanam.

[ROM][09 Apr][XXEMC2][4.1.2][AROMA][JB Domination] crDroid v15.2 [JKay ][Per App Dpi]
| Developed by Cristiano Matos.

[ROM][April 10] XXEMC5 (4.1.2) NeatRomLite/Themed/Aroma/Full/Mods
| Developed by salesale

[ROM]AllianceROM I9300 JB EMB5 | 160/213/240/320 DPI Tablet UI | Floatin MultiWindows
| Developed by Robbie Hood

[ROM][05APR][XXEMC2] ~ XperianZe 0.9.7.3 ~ [Xperia Z inspired][AROMA][JKay][Elegant5]
| Developed by edgarf28

[ROM][4.1.2][XXEMR2][Sotmax JB Ultimate Stock V16 HD Voice] GT-i9300 *stable as rock*
| Developed by sotmax

[ROM][MB5][JKAY] Purelook HD v4.0a I Galaxy SIV meet XperiaZ I[Apr 08]- Fly To The Sky
| Developed by ksr007

[ROM][MC2][AROMA][9/APR] ChaosROM v5 [AOSP][SENSE 5][XPERIA][MIUI][JKay][320/240 DPI]
| Developed by Chaos ^_^

[ROM][MB5][29Mar]CodecROM™ 10.6.1 |Aroma | OTA | PIE | Per App DPI | Tablet UI | AOSP
| Developed by DSA

[ROM][MB5][19MAR] FoxHound 2.4|JB|Ota|Allin1|Stable|Ram Free|Essential/Normal
| Developed by raffaele88

[ROM][23Mar][MB5][364mb] ¤¤ VikingWay v7.1 ¤¤ The Beauty Of TrulyClean And Simple
| Developed by schoolsux

[ROM][JB 4.1.2][EMB5][aroma][OTA] Imperium v9.3 by Brothers Team [09/04/13]
| Developed by slim80

[ROM][22nd Mar] - UltimaROM v11.0 Kjata - [XXEMB5][AROMA][1438MB]
| Developed by Kryten2k35

[ROM] >> Update 09/03 << LightForceROM XXEMB5 V6.0 SLIM [439MB]
| Developed by edgeqwerty

[ROM][XXEMR2] NxTGen ROM v11 - Grand Finale
| Developed by eric-filth

[ROM][MB5] Pardus HD RoM V8 [ It's Now More Powerful ][OTA][JKay] [06.04.2013]
| Developed by pendroz

[ROM][XXEMC2][9th/April/2013] ArchiDroid V1.0.1 | Flexible | Stable | Excellent
| Developed by JustArchi
⊗ AOSP ⊗

⊗ AOKP ⊗

⊗MIUI⊗

I'm stuck with a slow upload :p , i'm on VDSL2
50Mbit/s down and 3Mbit/s up

And in meanwhile i got it right and i'm back on a factory S3 with TouchWiz :) Time to set it up and root it again and flash custom recovery and rom again :)

Last edited by a moderator:

exynoss

Feb 4, 2012
delhi
« ¿What is an Samsung based ROM?

We call Samsung / Sammy based to all the ROMS who have they base on some of the official (sometimes leaked) firmwares by Samsung, some examples are XXLPG, XXLQ5, XWLPD, etc.

In this ROMS, mostly, you can find the usual Touchwiz interface, however some ROMS include different themes to change the appareance.

« ¿What is an AOSP based ROM?

First of all, AOSP stands for Android Open Source Project.

These ROMs offer you the "stock" Android experience without all the extras provided by the manufacturers like Samsung, HTC, etc. they are based directly on the source code from Android. They may be tweaked but are, in their entirety, the closest to a "pure Google experience".

More information here: http://source.android.com/

« ¿What is an AOKP based ROM?

First of all, AOKP stands for Android Open Kang Project.

Well, AOKP is in essence AOSP, the main difference being all the added customization that AOSP ROMs lack. AOKP ROMs still maintain the "stock" Android experience, except with many possible customization options at your fingertips.

More information here: http://aokp.co/index.php/news

« ¿What is a MIUI based ROM?

Very basically, MIUI is the Chinese custom version of Android. The main difference that have from another ROM's is precisely their unique customization options.

The MIUI team hast their own launcher, widgets, apps, etc. If you really want a change from the Green/Gray of GB or the Black/Blue of ICS then take a look at MIUI ROMs.

More information here: http://en.miui.com/

« ¿What is CyanogenMod?

CyanogenMod it's a ROM pure based on AOSP, but have a main feature...it's a base too for many of the ROM's that you can see here, the Cyanogen Team works on innovative features that later are ported to different Devices / ROM's.

You can't see an independent category on this index but maybe you are receiving a touch of CM on the ROM that you have on your phone :)

More information here: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/

Last edited:

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
Beirut
[CM10.1][4.2.2][UNOFFICIAL][ temasek's UNOFFICIAL BUILD
Really good ROM, nice cherrypicks, with great battery life if used with his kernel, that supports stweaks. :good:

Reactions: omizzz and exynoss

Uqbar

Aug 17, 2009
Regnum Utriusque Siciliæ
IMHO

After 4 years of custom ROMs I would say that of course there's no single ROM fitting all the needs at once.
I am currently using temasek's unifficial builds for performance, stability and battery life (accordingly to my very own setup).
Second runner is crDroid because of native FM radio (I really and badly need it) and the precious-as-a-diamond call recorder. There's also a list of other minor features and eye-candies, but I can easily live without that.
And because of the fine-graned aroma installer, of course.

Last edited:

sameer869

Dec 18, 2011
Lucknow
deepknowhow.com
This was Due for a Loong Loong Time... Gud to see tat this Initiative has finally been taken :good:

By the Way... ChaosRom v5 is one the verry Capable and Stable Samsung based Rom out there ... ;):eek:

Keep Up the Gr8 Work.. !!

Reactions: exynoss

davtse

Jan 17, 2009
Definitely Slimroms for the no-nonsense, no bloatware user. Has a good amount of customisation options, and very neatly implemented. Also has a dark/black theme which greatly aids battery savings because of the AMOLED. Use it with Temasek's custom kernel coupled with stweaks for UV/OC to help with battery/heat problems.

Reactions: exynoss

oae08

Nov 5, 2012
Beirut
I am using CodecRom 10.6.1 and it is very good for me but the thread is closed now, so there is no more support for this rom, I guess I will start looking for another ROM.
[ROM][MB5][29Mar]CodecROM™ 10.6.1 |Aroma | OTA | PIE | Per App DPI | Tablet UI | AOSP | Developed by DSA

Try temasek Rom. Its the best i have found yet and really has everything.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts