Keyboard Folio / Case Available?

Search This thread

pyro9219

Oct 26, 2007
Anyone got any leads on a keyboard folio / case for the tablet? I think it would be the icing on the cake for me. I'm looking to get the LTE version and replace my qwerty phone which I use 95% of the time as a pocket computer rather than phone anyways.

eBay and Amazon don't have anything yet from what I can see.

loismustdie555

Aug 12, 2011
Seattle - USA
Anyone got any leads on a keyboard folio / case for the tablet? I think it would be the icing on the cake for me. I'm looking to get the LTE version and replace my qwerty phone which I use 95% of the time as a pocket computer rather than phone anyways.

The only worthwhile thing you're likely to find for quite some time is this. And it's quite pricey as well. Sadly.

Zagg Auto-Fit Folio 8

Reactions: h4lli and pyro9219

pyro9219

Oct 26, 2007
If you do not mind a stand alone keyboard, you could always get something like this

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/multi-device-keyboard-k480

Thank you for the suggestion, but I was thinking more along the lines of the previous recommendation. I'm sure alot of people don't understand, but I'm very attached to my qwerty slider phones, and am looking for a modern solution to this. For the life of me, I can't understand why in a geek driven market, more people aren't using their smart phones or tablets in IT and Engineering roles for quick code changes, responding to on-call support tickets without having to tote around a full laptop and wait to boot up, etc.. The clothing I wear has large enough cargo pockets for an 8" tablet, so if I could get one that fits with a keyboard, I'd have my next device.

Thanks

hanshanmtn

Oct 24, 2014
Shield tablet wireless keyboard folio-case - another option

Yeah I use mobile like that too - for everything, including gaming.
So I found a wireless KEYBOARD FOLIO CASE reviewed by someone else today and haven't tried it yet but here's the info on it (I am cross posting this data on the keyboard-case threads for this Shield tablet, on xda here, in case people find it useful):

- I came across another wireless case option (by ZAGG, it's pricey but looks very good) from a youtube post about case options for the nVidia Shield Tablet, see:
Cannot post a url here, however here's the info to be sure it's the same video I'm referring to:
v=Obs3tK8onYQ
posted title is "Nvidia Shield tablet case options"
date posted was oct 16 2014
the poster id is wr3ckn89

- I only just saw it today & cannot report my experience yet; The zagg website can show you the local retailers that carry their stuff. Only see 1 seller so far on amazon, with ridiculous wait time, and another with a 2nd 8" model specified for samsung... The zagg site does not yet list nVidia Shields, but they have an 800 number. After looking at the website, I called Zagg customer support & talked to a real person who knew the product.
- Specific model: There is only one model that fits the new nVidia Shield tablet 8", with suitable cutouts etc. - it is the "AUTOFIT" for 8". The other model for 8" tablets won't be right.
- You can find it at retailers, but you can get a 10% discount by calling them to order directly
- It ain't cheap, but it has a 1 year warranty and tech support.
- The keyboard is not backlit (they only have one model of their wireless keyboard cases that does have a backlit keyboard at this time) - BUT they are working on backlit keyboards for their other models including the AutoFit, yay.

pyro9219

Oct 26, 2007
Zagg Autofit 8"

So I went to best buy and picked up the Zagg Autofit 8" and it's such an exact fit you would think it were an aftermarket device specifically for the shield. Pairs up nice, and does what you would expect from a bluetooth keyboard. As noted in the video review that was linked above, the stylus is not accessible, and for the most part, neither is the power button. I'll probably be using a file to shave a small amount of the case down so I can access both items.

Just to be clear, the stylus is in no way accessible without detaching the tablet partially. The power button, for my sized hands, is not accessible. Unfortunately, I did not have the luck of the video reviewer in being able to use it with fingertips. Must be these giant paws of mine.

I've also paired it up with the Razor Orochi, and can now play MMO's remotely using my tablet. Looks great, full features. etc.. :victory:

Reactions: TCGUK

speculatrix

Mar 7, 2006
Cambridge
maybe the Belkin keyboard would be useful?
http://www.belkin.com/uk/F5L112-Belkin/p/P-F5L112/

however, it's a separate thing rather than converting the tablet into a mini laptop

my wife has one of these keyboard cover/cases with a slot so it becomes a stand
http://www.amazon.co.uk/TECHGEAR®-Bluetooth-Wireless-Keyboard-Samsung/dp/B00FRHKRO0/ref=sr_1_1
that one is specifically for the Samsung Galaxy Note, there are variants for other tablets such as Nexus 7 and others, but I couldn't find one for the Shield tablet :(

samux2010

Apr 4, 2011
looking too

while looking for some nexus 9 accessories i came up with this

DETROIT IV KEYBOARD from portdesign dot com

maybe it could fit on a nvidia shield too ?

hope it helps

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
Sometimes those cheap ones from ebay work very well

I had gotten this little usb keyboard for (probably) $19 a few years ago for my Nexus 7, but it fits the Shield Tablet like a glove. Makes it a mini laptop. Has a sleep key and it just works perfectly with usb otg adapter! I'm delighted!

Attachments

• 20141126_105904.jpg
    20141126_105904.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 4,860

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

The only worthwhile thing you're likely to find for quite some time is this. And it's quite pricey as well. Sadly.

Zagg Auto-Fit Folio 8
    Zagg Autofit 8"

So I went to best buy and picked up the Zagg Autofit 8" and it's such an exact fit you would think it were an aftermarket device specifically for the shield. Pairs up nice, and does what you would expect from a bluetooth keyboard. As noted in the video review that was linked above, the stylus is not accessible, and for the most part, neither is the power button. I'll probably be using a file to shave a small amount of the case down so I can access both items.

Just to be clear, the stylus is in no way accessible without detaching the tablet partially. The power button, for my sized hands, is not accessible. Unfortunately, I did not have the luck of the video reviewer in being able to use it with fingertips. Must be these giant paws of mine.

I've also paired it up with the Razor Orochi, and can now play MMO's remotely using my tablet. Looks great, full features. etc.. :victory: