Huawei Ascend Mate7

Search This thread

ScoobSTi

Nov 23, 2012
NYC
In case you haven't heard, the all new successor to our beloved HAM2 is the Mate7! Whether or not Huawei went through 4 different Mate models that we never knew about, I'll never know. I presume (since many people haven't heard of Huawei) they want the HAM7 to look "one step ahead" of the iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S6.

Here's the official Huawei page for the Mate7, and some pictures.

hw_366503.jpg

hw_366501.jpg

hw_366498.jpg

hw_366496.jpg

hw_366480.jpg

hw_366474.jpg

Interestingly, the HAM7 already has its own XDA forum, whereas our phone only got one after months and months of nagging.

Height
157.0mm
Width
81.0mm
Depth
7.9mm
Weight
About 185g (including the battery)
Display
6.0" FHD Screen,1080P (1920 x 1080), 368PPI 16M colors
CPU
Hisilicon Kirin 925
4x1.8GHz + 4x1.3GHz + 1x230MHz
Operation System
Android™ 4.4/HUAWEI Emotion UI 3.0
Memory
RAM : 2 GB
ROM : 16 GB

Full specs here

Anyways, what do you think? Will you be getting this phone?

Reactions: p51d007

ecvision

Feb 16, 2013
Seems like the phone is now in the same price range Samsung / HTC flagship phones. So not for me and also there is no mention of a USA version.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk 2

ScoobSTi

Nov 23, 2012
NYC
Seems like the phone is now in the same price range Samsung / HTC flagship phones. So not for me and also there is no mention of a USA version.

I think the biggest updates are the fingerprint sensor and the 1080p resolution. The rest of the specs are somewhat similar to our phone, so hopefully it won't have a huge price bump.

I'm sure a US version will come out eventually. Huawei wanted to come to the US with the HAM2 so it wouldn't make sense to not make this.

Reactions: p51d007

D33PTHAWTE

Aug 7, 2010
PNW
I think the biggest updates are the fingerprint sensor and the 1080p resolution. The rest of the specs are somewhat similar to our phone, so hopefully it won't have a huge price bump.

I'm sure a US version will come out eventually. Huawei wanted to come to the US with the HAM2 so it wouldn't make sense to not make this.

Agreed. They are certainly ramping up to compete with the other big guys here. After having the HAM2 I have no reason to believe I'll go back to those others.

Sent from my MT2L03 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: ScoobSTi

mrsim

Mar 10, 2014
london
www.china-devices.com
anyone know anything about the SoC Hisilicon Kirin 925 4x1.8GHz+4x1.3GHz+1x230MHz
WTF is it besides an octocore......are these chip makers a new company on the scene and if so is there any software that will be compatible with it....other than that a nice iphony look'a'like......:laugh:

4L0M

Aug 27, 2011
anyone know anything about the SoC Hisilicon Kirin 925 4x1.8GHz+4x1.3GHz+1x230MHz
WTF is it besides an octocore......are these chip makers a new company on the scene and if so is there any software that will be compatible with it....other than that a nice iphony look'a'like......:laugh:

They are Huawei in house chip designers....

My Mate 2 MT2-L05 has a Hisilicon Kirin 910 chip in it which runs everything flawlessly, and if you look in the benchmarking thread, it also appears to be considerably faster than the Qualcomm 400 Snapdragon in the MT2-L03 US version, although until the MT2-L03 runs on 4.4.2 a direct comparison is slightly unfair.

JJ2525

Sep 29, 2012
The Mate7 will also be available in a 3GB RAM/32GB configuration.

I find it hard to believe Huawei would release a US version of the AM2, vastly improve it, and then not sell a US version of that successor. I would guess that a US version comes out a month or so after the foreign version is widely available.

I have the AM2. Without knowing what the AM7 would look like, my suggestions would've been:

Improve build quality
Make thinner+more compact
Lighter
Enable double tap to wake/faster way to unlock than antiquated side button
Improve performance+screen quality without sacrificing battery life

They've done all of the items on my list. I'll be trading in my Mate 2 for this baby the second a US compatible model becomes available.

Coffee Freak

Sep 22, 2014
Boykins, VA.
The Mate7 will also be available in a 3GB RAM/32GB configuration.

I find it hard to believe Huawei would release a US version of the AM2, vastly improve it, and then not sell a US version of that successor. I would guess that a US version comes out a month or so after the foreign version is widely available.

I have the AM2. Without knowing what the AM7 would look like, my suggestions would've been:

Improve build quality
Make thinner+more compact
Lighter
Enable double tap to wake/faster way to unlock than antiquated side button
Improve performance+screen quality without sacrificing battery life

They've done all of the items on my list. I'll be trading in my Mate 2 for this baby the second a US compatible model becomes available.

Agreed.

Current phones, Ascend Mate 2, LG G3, LG G2, LG Lucid 3. Tablets, Nexus 7, LG GPad. I like the Ascend Mate 2 the best.

DRAGWAV

Nov 12, 2009
Most of the width and weight seems to be the battery. I changed the DPI to 264 and if not for application issues 240 was perfect screen is bright and clear flexible frame and screen I am more than impressed. Adjustments made and the phone is super snappy. I agree about the button placement though. Other than that really taken with this phone.

JJ2525

Sep 29, 2012
Not me. I prefer the significantly better battery life, thinner+more compact frame and microSD slot at $550 vs the Nexus 6 64GB at $750 after taxes.

arcadesdude

Feb 14, 2012
Mate 7 is still too pricy for me... And doesn't have full network support only 1/2 bands supported so many places in the rural area I live in wouldn't have signal as I found out with my previous phone before the mate 2. I love the full network support and better connectivity with this $300 phone. 550 is still too much in my opinion.

Sent from my MT2L03 using Tapatalk

xordos

Dec 4, 2010
A model of the Mate7, MT7-L09 is purported to work with TMO/ATT LTE in the US. The price is higher than the AM2, but it's also a better screen, higher build quality and Android 4.4 out of the box. I'm thinking of giving it a shot.

http://www.amazon.com/Huawei-Ascend-Display-Factory-Unlocked/dp/B00PQZMKNY/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t

Just want to mention that there is no official US version yet, this is an individual seller, so no warranty, no support, even seller reputation need put into consideration. Of course network/band will be another issue.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In case you haven't heard, the all new successor to our beloved HAM2 is the Mate7! Whether or not Huawei went through 4 different Mate models that we never knew about, I'll never know. I presume (since many people haven't heard of Huawei) they want the HAM7 to look "one step ahead" of the iPhone 6 and the Galaxy S6.

Here's the official Huawei page for the Mate7, and some pictures.

hw_366503.jpg

hw_366501.jpg

hw_366498.jpg

hw_366496.jpg

hw_366480.jpg

hw_366474.jpg

Interestingly, the HAM7 already has its own XDA forum, whereas our phone only got one after months and months of nagging.

Height
    157.0mm
    Width
    81.0mm
    Depth
    7.9mm
    Weight
    About 185g (including the battery)
    Display
    6.0" FHD Screen,1080P (1920 x 1080), 368PPI 16M colors
    CPU
    Hisilicon Kirin 925
    4x1.8GHz + 4x1.3GHz + 1x230MHz
    Operation System
    Android™ 4.4/HUAWEI Emotion UI 3.0
    Memory
    RAM : 2 GB
    ROM : 16 GB

Full specs here

Anyways, what do you think? Will you be getting this phone?
    It looks awesome.

Agreed. They are certainly ramping up to compete with the other big guys here. After having the HAM2 I have no reason to believe I'll go back to those others.

That design is on point!