[APP][1.6+] FriendCaster for Android | Push Notifications and more!

Search This thread

senab

Apr 29, 2008
London, UK
www.senab.co.uk
Is this an add-on to the original facebook app or does it work as its own app?

Yes, it tries to fill the gaps which the official Facebook application doesn't do.

What he said... Not found in any market websites. Cykret, Androidzoom, Androidfeeder, and Appbrain say it isn't there.

http://www.appbrain.com/app/uk.co.senab.blueNotify
http://www.appbrain.com/app/uk.co.senab.blueNotifyFree

does this actually notify you when you get wall posts and etc.?

Yes! :D

lmatth13

May 6, 2009
Can you add the ability to select who comes up on your feed and block games postings.

senab

Apr 29, 2008
London, UK
www.senab.co.uk
will this sync contacts ? for AOSP roms ?
Not yet, although I may look at it.

Can you add the ability to select who comes up on your feed and block games postings.
The app doesn't have a 'feed' yet, only your notifications. There is no way to filter notifications.

it says you can tag friends on photos >_>... how exactly? been messing around with it.. i don't understand
The next release will make it a bit more obvious ;) The way is it view a photo, press menu --> Show Photo Tags, and then long press on the image where you want to tag. A list of your friends should appear.

Hey guys, is it push notifications or periodical?
Push is being worked upon ;) At the moment, it's periodical.

ald3n3

Dec 3, 2010
I'm not sure if this is where i can make a suggestion or maybe i should email the Dev. But it would be really cool if there's a way to post pictures on your friends wall with this app. Thanks! and btw i like the app, nice job!

temka

Oct 9, 2008
Zug
Does this app improve the "inbox-bug" in original Facebook app?

(the inbox-bug: Facebook app does not support longer conversation threads. Long threads are just cropped off. From the **end**. Meaning that when someone hits Reply and answers your msg you just won't see it)

(occurs on ALL handsets)

(always)

mattwaddy

Jan 26, 2005
UK
mattwaddy.com
Am I missing something? Is this purely for notifications i.e. not to view my own wall, or recent updates from people? I can see it give me info on items i've commented on or people have commented on if that makes sense but not a stream of people status updates. Perhaps I'm missing something or missing the point of this app?

Thanks

Dave the Knave

Apr 18, 2008
Baltimore
Am I missing something? Is this purely for notifications i.e. not to view my own wall, or recent updates from people? I can see it give me info on items i've commented on or people have commented on if that makes sense but not a stream of people status updates. Perhaps I'm missing something or missing the point of this app?

Thanks

That's the point of the app. It it used in conjunction with the Facebook app to provide the missing functionality that should have been implemented by Facebook into their app.

rmk1825

Aug 22, 2007
Dallas, TX
Can't see my photos

I like this app. I have an HTC Evo and have one issue. It loads the albums, but when I click on an album to see the photos, I doesn't open the album. It looks like it makes an attempt by going into a quick standby (or query) but, it's very short. I just got the update today and I have this problem with both versions. Any idea?

I do like the app and it's capabilities.

senab

Apr 29, 2008
London, UK
www.senab.co.uk
also i can't get places to load :/ and i can't locate the widget
over all its a GREAT GREAT app !

Thanks ;) The widget is only in the paid version, and places is a bit broken at the moment.

I like this app. I have an HTC Evo and have one issue. It loads the albums, but when I click on an album to see the photos, I doesn't open the album. It looks like it makes an attempt by going into a quick standby (or query) but, it's very short. I just got the update today and I have this problem with both versions. Any idea?

I do like the app and it's capabilities.
Hmmm, while viewing the album if you press refresh on the top right does it do anything?

Does this app improve the "inbox-bug" in original Facebook app?
No, I haven't looked at Inbox messages yet. To be honest, the Facebook API doesn't allow third party applications to send Inbox Messages anyway so I'm not sure it's worth it.

I'm not sure if this is where i can make a suggestion or maybe i should email the Dev. But it would be really cool if there's a way to post pictures on your friends wall with this app. Thanks! and btw i like the app, nice job!
That's certainly possible! The whole photo uploading interface is going to be changed soon to allow captions, etc. I'll bear this in mind ;)

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
I have been looking everywhere for an answer for this. I have a htc desire. running (not froyo is all i know) 2.1 i believe. when i download this app and click on log in all it does is say loading and doesnt do anything but go back to the login screen. i believe its a program permission problem. just what i think. any help would be appreciated. i did go to the developers site and add it to my permissions on fb already. so its somewhere in the phone. also vlingo does the same thing when i try to log into the fb part of the application

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    icon2.png

FriendCaster is an application that has one main function, to improve your Facebook experience on Android. It is available on Android Market in two versions. The paid version is available at the price of £0.99 and a free version with reduced functionality and adverts. Search for "flow facebook" on Android Market.

Features
    flow_features.png

Changelog and blog

Screenshots

Market links:

Paid

Free Ad-Supported Version
    I love the progress of this app. I've been using it since blue notify. Well anyways, can u make it an option to open official facebook places when hitting places icon?

Sent from my CM6.1 Powered device
    Senab,

Sorry for getting back so late. Yeah, it tries to do a refresh, but it is very short and quick. Now, one thing I have on some of my albums are privacy permissions to allow certain people or friend lists (not new groups) to see and/or not see albums. But even on the ones that are available to my friends only, it's still not allowing me to view the photos. I can see the albums and the album covers, but I cannot get into any of them. Let me know if you need me to do some other tests!! I appreciate your work and app!!!

Ok, sounds like I need a logcat for this. Any chance you could capture some log after looking at some albums/photos? If you don't know how to use adb, the easiest way is by using aLogcat which is available on the Market.

You can then send it to me via: http://christopherbanes.wordpress.com/bug-report/ or my email address chris [at] senab.co.uk
    Any chance of a feature to make a photo your profile picture. I would do it in the browser but the cropping doesn't work.
    I'm not getting the FCs, but when scrolling through more than two or three pages of the News Feed, it goes back to the main menu.

A memory leak fix came out today. Have you installed it?