[APP] WP7 Music Player [Uber Music]- Clone -[Updated-7.8.2011][Beta-3]

Search This thread

fileboy22

Sep 19, 2010
This is a WP7 music player clone made by the developer of LauncherPro. This app is exactly like the one found on WP7. This app is not my work and I am simply posting this for other users to enjoy.

Note: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE.

Enjoy.:D

Latest Release: Beta-3

Changelog:

http://www.ubermusic.com/

Beta 3

• Added a new "Bio" tab to Artist screens.
  • Added an option to keep the screen on while the "Now Playing" screen is visible.
  • The App Widget is now skinnable. Please note that certain skins might not provide layouts for all widget sizes, so not all sizes might be functional depending on the skin you use. The default skin currently supports 1x1, 2x1, 4x1, 4x2, and 4x4. The 4x3 widget will come in next update.
  • Added overscrolling, a squeeze effect when overscrolling, and a nicer scrolling algorithm to all lists.
  • Added menu option from Artist and Album screens to go back to the main library screen.
  • Re-fixed a force close issue when opening folders with apostrophes in the path (turns out previous version didn't really fix it).

Beta 2

• Added all the translations submitted to the UberMusic translation project. If any of the translations in your language seems wrong, feel free to head over to the project page and submit better translations (if someone already submitted a better translation, you can help by upranking the best translation).
  • Added gestures for switching songs in the "Now Playing" screen. Swipe from right to left to go to the next track, and from left to right to go to the previous track.
  • Added an option in the settings to choose and apply a skin. Skins can be installed through the Android market once skin developers start publishing them there. If you would like to make skins for UberMusic, please read the UberMusic Skin Creation Manual
  • Fixed the Last.fm scrobbling through the official app that got broken in Beta 1
  • Fixed a force close issue when opening folders with apostrophes in the path.

Attachments

• UberMusic-Beta3.apk
    770.7 KB · Views: 24,137
Last edited:

jspidah

Sep 17, 2010
Wow. Glad I didn't buy that WP7 Android one with the horrible trial version in the market that kept fc'ing on me.

honeydesean

Oct 29, 2010
Cool UI and everything works, but a lot of features are still missing from the alpha.

Someday it'll be great. But I couldn't use it as my primary music player yet.

joak0068

Jan 25, 2011
Damn, this one is great!

What plans have you got for this app, if this is only alpha?

Sent from my Legend using XDA Premium App

Pickx

Apr 23, 2010
Damn, Fede is the king of Android optimization. After scrolling around and letting it do a bit of caching, everything is silky smooth (iOS-like, actually!)

Shadewalkerz

Feb 15, 2011
And that is the reason why WP7Android sucks. Fede's doing a waaaay better job. Already bought Launcher Pro Plus and will also buy this one, when available.

Great job man! Show those "no demo" devs how it's going! Fede, you're the best Android developer so far!

Feeshie

Jan 20, 2011
Dam This music player looks legit. So this is what hes been working on.. I hope he makes widgets and other stuff a good music player should have.

extraducksauce

Jan 25, 2007
Damn FEDE! this build is so stinking awesome for alpha. a few force closes, but unbelievable. please integrate a widget to launcher pro.

raphifix

Jun 7, 2010
Downloaded a few hours ago. Very slick, especially for an alpha build. Only 1 fc so far. I love how the app automatically downloads a picture of the artist for the background. Just 3 requests:

-widget
-FLAC support
-Queueing support (a la "Cubed" player)

:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a WP7 music player clone made by the developer of LauncherPro. This app is exactly like the one found on WP7. This app is not my work and I am simply posting this for other users to enjoy.

Note: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE.

Enjoy.:D

Latest Release: Beta-3

Changelog:

Beta 3

• Added a new "Bio" tab to Artist screens.
    • Added an option to keep the screen on while the "Now Playing" screen is visible.
    • The App Widget is now skinnable. Please note that certain skins might not provide layouts for all widget sizes, so not all sizes might be functional depending on the skin you use. The default skin currently supports 1x1, 2x1, 4x1, 4x2, and 4x4. The 4x3 widget will come in next update.
    • Added overscrolling, a squeeze effect when overscrolling, and a nicer scrolling algorithm to all lists.
    • Added menu option from Artist and Album screens to go back to the main library screen.
    • Re-fixed a force close issue when opening folders with apostrophes in the path (turns out previous version didn't really fix it).

Beta 2

• Added all the translations submitted to the UberMusic translation project. If any of the translations in your language seems wrong, feel free to head over to the project page and submit better translations (if someone already submitted a better translation, you can help by upranking the best translation).
    • Added gestures for switching songs in the "Now Playing" screen. Swipe from right to left to go to the next track, and from left to right to go to the previous track.
    • Added an option in the settings to choose and apply a skin. Skins can be installed through the Android market once skin developers start publishing them there. If you would like to make skins for UberMusic, please read the UberMusic Skin Creation Manual
    • Fixed the Last.fm scrobbling through the official app that got broken in Beta 1
    • Fixed a force close issue when opening folders with apostrophes in the path.
    Just put together a 4x1 widget that is text only based off Federico Carnales original clear widgets for UberMusic, mainly for those who don't have all the album artwork for their library. Here's a screencap for all those who are interested:

screenshot1312576781714.png
    ALpha 7 is released, gonna install now:

Just a heads up, I've just posted a skin creation manual here: http://www.ubermusic.com/skinning/

I'm cleaning up the base Eclipse project now, will upload it when it's finished. Then after some changes, I'll upload Beta 2 which lets you actually select and apply a skin so that skin developers can test their stuff.

Hopefully we'll have a WP7/Zune skin soon :)