Accessing Microsd on phone

Search This thread

Asteradragon

Aug 11, 2012
Hi, I recently got the CDMA (Virgin Mobile US) One V, and am having issues accessing the microsd folder using file explorers on the phone.
Using astro, if I go "up" as far as possible to /, the options are
mnt
proc
root
sbin
sdcard
sys
system
vendor

On my TF101, removable storage is under sdcard. But if I go under there, the options read

Android
DCIM
Download
LOST.DIR
Notifications
tmp

My question is, do you need root access to access removable storage? And if not, where is it? And yes, the SD card is recognized under settings.

EDIT: When I connected the phone to windows computer, it showed up as one drive, namely just the microsd card's space, and not anything about the phone. Does this mean everything besides apps, like videos/photos taken with the camera and files downloaded, is automatically stored on the microsd card?

Sorry if this is long, first post.

Last edited:

dobbs69

Aug 30, 2011
chattanooga tn
Moto G Power (2021)
The answer to one of your questions is "yes" the phone does save your downloads and pics/videos to sdcard. I believe the PC only shows your sdcard when you have your phone in drive mode.

No you don't have to be root to access your sdcard.

Last edited:
Reactions: Asteradragon

Asteradragon

Aug 11, 2012
The answer to one of your questions is "yes" the phone does save your downloads and pics/videos to sdcard. I believe the PC only shows your sdcard when you have your phone in drive mode.

Thanks, I think I figured it out. Just hope this remains the same after switching ROMs.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.