[Q] Huge overnight battery drain in CyanogenMod Roms - baseband_xmm_power

Search This thread

daniel.mota

Sep 3, 2008
Porto
Guys, I'm using CM roms for about a month now.

Started with stable 10.1.3 and stuck with it for a couple of weeks.

But huge battery drain over (every) night led me to try nightly 10.2, and yesterday I flashed nightly CM11.

I really like these roms, but I get 30 to 60% of my battery consumed over one night.

I used Better Battery Stats (BBS), and the baseband_xmm_power wakelock keeps my phone awake for about 90% of the time (I get only about 30 minutes of deep sleep during 8 hours).

The phone is laying still in a table, with only 2G network enabled. Wi-fi, mobile data, synchronization and 3G are off during all the night.

I'm using CM's default kernel for now, but I used iodak's v8 with 10.1.3 and 10.2, and the problem was the same.

Strangely, during the day, when using the phone and having other wakelocks, I barely notice baseband_xmm_power is BBS logs...

Is there any solution to this problem?

Last edited:

gerciolisz

damn maaan... where you came from?? there are hundred of threads about it.... this is a known problem.. seems even cm11 official nightly has this pain.. !!BUT!! unofficial cm11 and omni kitkat seems dont have that problem but they are still WIP and only camera not working...

next time please search first:)

Reactions: daniel.mota

brunek

Jan 3, 2013

But huge battery drain over (every) night led me to try nightly 10.2, and yesterday I flashed nightly CM11.

I really like these roms, but I get 30 to 60% of my battery consumed over one night.

I used Better Battery Stats (BBS), and the baseband_xmm_power wakelock keeps my phone awake for about 90% of the time (I get only about 30 minutes of deep sleep during 8 hours).

The phone is laying still in a table, with only 2G network enabled. Wi-fi, mobile data, synchronization and 3G are off during all the night.

I'm using CM's default kernel for now, but I used iodak's v8 with 10.1.3 and 10.2, and the problem was the same.

Strangely, during the day, when using the phone and having other wakelocks, I barely notice baseband_xmm_power is BBS logs...

Earth calling! Is anybody there??:eek:

Reactions: gerciolisz

daniel.mota

Sep 3, 2008
Porto
I'd like a little respect, alright guys?

I bought this phone last summer, and only in december I started using CM roms.

I've searched and read a lot of posts of users with this same problem, but haven´t really found a SOLUTION.

Also, I find it strange that not all users have this problem, even with the same config and in the same country, like this one.

So, instead of treating me bad for asking, could you point me to a solution that doesn't imply changing rom?

Thank you very much.

brunek

Jan 3, 2013

I've searched and read a lot of posts of users with this same problem, but haven´t really found a SOLUTION.

Also, I find it strange that not all users have this problem, even with the same config and in the same country, like this one.

So, instead of treating me bad for asking, could you point me to a solution that doesn't imply changing rom?

Thank you very much.

You obviously did not read enough.. Baseband wakelock is the single biggest problem on this phone and devs are trying to get rid of it since the phone was released! They say that in KK the wakelock is gone.. So try and see! They say that iodak9 resolved it.. Try and see! If you dont want to change ROM`s try different kernels and see which is the best for you. Not every ROM/kernel works good for everybody so you just have to try them out.
P.S. Nobody disrespected you or treated you bad, it just funny to me that people still ask about this problem after millions of threads and answers about it..

Last edited:

SimonTS

Oct 23, 2011
Bristol
You had respect, but you are the 849th person to open a thread asking EXACTLY the same question, so what the hell do you really expect?

That's because there is NO real solution. If you have read as much as you claim to have done then you will already know that.

As above, there is NO solution other than changing to a ROM that doesn't have the problem. If there are variances then it may be caused by the service provider, the network polling, the wireless type, the baseband, many things that randomly affect different people different ways.

Reactions: daniel.mota

daniel.mota

Sep 3, 2008
Porto
Alright, thank you all for your answers.

I'm using CM11 rom (KK 4.4.2) and the problem is still here.

I've flashed latest iodak kernel (v9), and will see tonight what happens.

I apologize for opening this thread, but all the posts about this problem that I read were already old, so maybe some newer solution could exist.

:angel:

bilbo75

Mar 14, 2011
Prato
Alright, thank you all for your answers.

I'm using CM11 rom (KK 4.4.2) and the problem is still here.

I've flashed latest iodak kernel (v9), and will see tonight what happens.

I apologize for opening this thread, but all the posts about this problem that I read were already old, so maybe some newer solution could exist.

:angel:

Just to add my experience.... I'm using Miuiandroid and Optimus prime kernel 2.7 from anykernel thread since several weeks , no XMM_BASEBAND drain :) It just lags a bit:rolleyes:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thank you very much.

You obviously did not read enough.. Baseband wakelock is the single biggest problem on this phone and devs are trying to get rid of it since the phone was released! They say that in KK the wakelock is gone.. So try and see! They say that iodak9 resolved it.. Try and see! If you dont want to change ROM`s try different kernels and see which is the best for you. Not every ROM/kernel works good for everybody so you just have to try them out.
    P.S. Nobody disrespected you or treated you bad, it just funny to me that people still ask about this problem after millions of threads and answers about it..
    damn maaan... where you came from?? there are hundred of threads about it.... this is a known problem.. seems even cm11 official nightly has this pain.. !!BUT!! unofficial cm11 and omni kitkat seems dont have that problem but they are still WIP and only camera not working...

next time please search first:)

Earth calling! Is anybody there??:eek:
    there is simply no simple fix for baseband wakelock which is a very random wakelock for all users.. i confirm up^
    You had respect, but you are the 849th person to open a thread asking EXACTLY the same question, so what the hell do you really expect?

That's because there is NO real solution. If you have read as much as you claim to have done then you will already know that.

As above, there is NO solution other than changing to a ROM that doesn't have the problem. If there are variances then it may be caused by the service provider, the network polling, the wireless type, the baseband, many things that randomly affect different people different ways.