[Q] i cant change my boot animation - carbon 4.4.2

Search This thread

Kn0cK3r

Dec 20, 2013
Hello everybody ! Last night i decided to change my bootanimation on my i9070 4.4.2 carbon. I followed the steps here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2370870
So, first of all i flashed the file called " Enable Bootanimation.zip " using CWM recovery. At the next step i downloaded an animation and rename it to bootanimation.zip and put i in system/media. Finaly I changed permissions rw-r--r-- , but nothing happened. When i reboot the phone every time SAMSUNG GALAXY i9070 logo appear and after 10 seconds insted of animation on the display appear lines with diferrent colours (like a broken display ).

P.s. i deleted bootanimtion.zip file from system/media ...but the lines still apear everytime i reboot ... ;(

Any suggestion ?
Thanks in advance !

AntaresOne

Recognized Developer
Sep 30, 2013
Chieti, Italy
www.antaresone.eu
That flashable zip is only for stock ROMS. All custom ROMS have support for bootanimation.zip natively. You have two ways:

-Delete "bootanimation" and "samsungani" from system/bin, extract "bootanimation" in system/bin from Carbon 4.4.2 flashable zip and push it into system/bin of your device, then apply 0755 (rwxr-xr-x) permission and ownership owner 0: root and group 2000: shell. Now you can push any bootanimation.zip into system/media.

Or

-Just reflash Carbon 4.4.2 flashable zip without wiping anything. Then you have only to change bootanimation.zip and apply 0644 (rw-r--r--) permission.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070

Reactions: Kn0cK3r

Kn0cK3r

Dec 20, 2013
that flashable zip is only for stock roms. All custom roms have support for bootanimation.zip natively. You have two ways:

-delete "bootanimation" and "samsungani" from system/bin, extract "bootanimation" in system/bin from carbon 4.4.2 flashable zip and push it into system/bin of your device, then apply 0755 (rwxr-xr-x) permission and ownership owner 0: Root and group 2000: Shell. Now you can push any bootanimation.zip into system/media.

Or

-just reflash carbon 4.4.2 flashable zip without wiping anything. Then you have only to change bootanimation.zip and apply 0644 (rw-r--r--) permission.

Inviato dal mio gt-i9070

many many many thanks !!! I love you !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That flashable zip is only for stock ROMS. All custom ROMS have support for bootanimation.zip natively. You have two ways:

-Delete "bootanimation" and "samsungani" from system/bin, extract "bootanimation" in system/bin from Carbon 4.4.2 flashable zip and push it into system/bin of your device, then apply 0755 (rwxr-xr-x) permission and ownership owner 0: root and group 2000: shell. Now you can push any bootanimation.zip into system/media.

Or

-Just reflash Carbon 4.4.2 flashable zip without wiping anything. Then you have only to change bootanimation.zip and apply 0644 (rw-r--r--) permission.

Inviato dal mio GT-I9070