Mobile Share Value Plans

Search This thread

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
Not sure if anyone really cares or not but I just knocked $105 off my AT&T Family plan bill with their new Mobile Share Value Plans.
I'm not a sales agent for AT&T, I'm just letting my fellow XDA users know.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=K-dU-76XrWB

This is a real deal if you have a large family plan like i do with 5 lines and all smartphones. I was able to lower my bill to $192 a month from $306 the previous month with one phone call. And even better we are getting 10gigs a month now vs the 6gigs i was on.

I know I'm going to take some heat for spamming the board but if one person saves some money I'll be happy

ok flame away

hack14u

Nov 23, 2010
Mobile, AL
Ya, I saw those plans, heck, it's even worth it for just 2 lines and 10Gig, $100+$15+$15=$130. I am paying 70 for my single line and only 2gig of data. I know, everyone will tell me to go to a prepay, but I HAVE to have the microcell so I am stuck.

Reactions: TemporalShadows

TopoX84

Apr 8, 2008
Mill Creek, WA
yeah .. unfortunately we lost are unlimited plans back in 2009 when we all got iPhone's

Unl plans are caped at 3 GB... Then u get the slowest speed...

10 GB = $100 + 15 per device
15 GB = $130 + 15 per device

Completely worth it. Now if you do an upgrade after moving to the plan instead of paying 15 for that line you will pay 40... they are trying to cope somehow how T-Mobile works.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Anonymitee

Oct 15, 2008
I went ahead and jumped on this. I had to give up 1 unlimited (LTE) data plan, which was throttled after 5GBs anyway. I think it's worth it to save $90/month.

I was under the impression that once you switched to one of these plans, you no longer would get subsidized phone upgrades. Correct? In other words, the next time you want to upgrade you basically are on the AT&T Next setup (full unsubsidized price of phone broken out over x payments)

codejunkie83

Feb 5, 2014
I was under the impression that once you switched to one of these plans, you no longer would get subsidized phone upgrades. Correct? In other words, the next time you want to upgrade you basically are on the AT&T Next setup (full unsubsidized price of phone broken out over x payments)

This is correct. Also, if you have currently been in contract for 6 months, they will allow a switch to AT&T Next. I feel it will not be long before they completely go to this method, especially with T-Mobile and others doing much the same.

Reactions: chp

ExcelonGT

Jan 17, 2007
NYC
Ive held on to my 2 line unlimited everything plan for years, paying about $185 before taxes and fees. I think it makes sense to go for this new plan, which drops the price down to $150 while sharing 10gigs. i've only ever gone over 3gigs in a month two times.

This is correct. Also, if you have currently been in contract for 6 months, they will allow a switch to AT&T Next. I feel it will not be long before they completely go to this method, especially with T-Mobile and others doing much the same.

Okay, so if that is the case, it seems like you will only save money if you do not intend to take advantage of subsidized upgrades in the future (assuming still available).

codejunkie83

Feb 5, 2014
Okay, so if that is the case, it seems like you will only save money if you do not intend to take advantage of subsidized upgrades in the future (assuming still available).

From a purely monetary standpoint, yes - however, when you compare the data that you receive (10 GB vs 4/6GB), you are still saving money if you use that much data. But without taking advantage of the subsidized upgrades, you would most likely even out.

joshfalk

Feb 25, 2014
Phoenix

Do you remember where you heard this? It's the first I've heard about this aspect to the new plans, which means I may regret making the switch.

cschmitt

Feb 24, 2012
Do you remember where you heard this? It's the first I've heard about this aspect to the new plans, which means I may regret making the switch.

My understanding from the AT&T rep (and my bill) is that each smartphone in the value plans are now $40 per month with a $25 monthly credit, so net $15.

If I upgrade using a Next plan, the $25 credit remains. (Next = a 0% interest loan to purchase the phone over 20 months.)

If I upgrade using a 2-year subsidy, the $25 credit is removed. (Making for a really expensive upgrade-- 24 * $25 + $200 up front = $800 for an iPhone 5S that I could purchase outright for $650.) Not that I'd purchase a 5S, but just an example of how an already overpriced phone just got even more expensive.

Basically, they really do not want people buying subsidized phones, and that's fine with me. I'd rather purchase the phone I want on my own timing and pay for it outright.

Up until the value plans it made sense to do 2-year upgrades because AT&T was already padding their rate plans with the subsidy cost, whether you upgraded or BYOP you paid for it.

Now, it makes more sense to just BYOP.

Reactions: codejunkie83

ronf1011

Nov 20, 2010
vallejo
Yes you have to stay on the next plan, ability to get a new phone yearly or 18 months, to keep the $15/month. I also saved 50% on my phone bill.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: PeteSeiler2010

PeteSeiler2010

Aug 24, 2010
Mechanicsburg
Yes you have to stay on the next plan, ability to get a new phone yearly or 18 months, to keep the $15/month. I also saved 50% on my phone bill.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

This is good news, I was worried that when i upgraded with NEXT it would go from $15 to $40. I guess I should have read into it a little more, but yeah, my family is saving close to $100 since we switched to the value plan.

HTCm7One

May 16, 2014
The Next program is basically a phone leasing program. So if you pay $30/month for Next18, that $540 is gone when you trade in for the new one. It would be cheaper buying the phone out right then sell it when you wanted to get a new one.

Reactions: wistlo

Clselfridge

Apr 29, 2013
Pennsylvania
The Next program is basically a phone leasing program. So if you pay $30/month for Next18, that $540 is gone when you trade in for the new one. It would be cheaper buying the phone out right then sell it when you wanted to get a new one.

+1 and you are still dealing with the bloat. Going unlocked from here on out. These value plans are nice. Thanks @t-mobile! ? and AT&T for falling in line..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

pete2bec2

Jul 22, 2012
Naples, FL
Upgrades?

I changed to the shared plan two months ago, losing my useless unlimited plan. I moved 5 phones. Two of them were eligible for upgrades at the time, but I was holding them for when I really wanted them. I need one now. I went to the ATT website and checked upgrade-ability. The two phones seem like they have subsidized plans available to them. I can also do the Next plan for any of my phones for the same price. So I can pay zero interest for 20 months, have no plan commitment, and pay in full for my daughter's new iphone over 20 months, or I can pay $199 for the phone, a one-time $36 upgrade fee, and commit for another two years of my shared plan. There is no change to the basic rate.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Not sure if anyone really cares or not but I just knocked $105 off my AT&T Family plan bill with their new Mobile Share Value Plans.
    I'm not a sales agent for AT&T, I'm just letting my fellow XDA users know.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/data-plans.html#fbid=K-dU-76XrWB

This is a real deal if you have a large family plan like i do with 5 lines and all smartphones. I was able to lower my bill to $192 a month from $306 the previous month with one phone call. And even better we are getting 10gigs a month now vs the 6gigs i was on.

I know I'm going to take some heat for spamming the board but if one person saves some money I'll be happy

ok flame away
    Ya, I saw those plans, heck, it's even worth it for just 2 lines and 10Gig, $100+$15+$15=$130. I am paying 70 for my single line and only 2gig of data. I know, everyone will tell me to go to a prepay, but I HAVE to have the microcell so I am stuck.
    yeah .. unfortunately we lost are unlimited plans back in 2009 when we all got iPhone's

Unl plans are caped at 3 GB... Then u get the slowest speed...

10 GB = $100 + 15 per device
    15 GB = $130 + 15 per device

Completely worth it. Now if you do an upgrade after moving to the plan instead of paying 15 for that line you will pay 40... they are trying to cope somehow how T-Mobile works.

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
    I went ahead and jumped on this. I had to give up 1 unlimited (LTE) data plan, which was throttled after 5GBs anyway. I think it's worth it to save $90/month.